2 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I don't really remember the differences in GOEs for 4-2 and 4-3 (anyway it can't be more then 2 points and 3Lo is 5 points). But the risk of UR is too much that's why I think he doesn't go for it.

The difference in BV is 3 points, but it doesn't matter because you can only use one 3T combo regardless of where you place it, if you're repeating two other quad/triple jumps, but I'm talking about GOE and judge impression. It seems they tend to give +3 GOE more often to 4-3 combos than 4-2 combos. All based on that perception of difficulty? 

15 minutes ago, katonice said:

Just curious guys, would you know which website/app was used in the post below? It looks like a searchable database of FS performed elements. That would be something handy. 

I don't know which site is that, first I thought it's Skate DB but that looks different - but you can search for elements on Skate DB too, plus there are other useful infos and stats, including Yuzu's scores from all of his senior competitions + success rates.

Guest turquoiseblue
37 minutes ago, katonice said:

Just curious guys, would you know which website/app was used in the post below? It looks like a searchable database of FS performed elements. That would be something handy. 

Here you are :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

http://fses.sakuraweb.com/

1 hour ago, Smultron said:

At this point we just  don't trust anything he says, do we? :biggrin:

I thought this was a given? :biggrin:

Hello 3A-3Lo, nice to meet your acquaintance. I blame @mcq for this, it got mentioned as an option so many times last season to raise the BV that somehow the universe whispered it into his ear and his delightful brain latched on to the increase. I mean it is a significant increase and I'm not doubting he can rotate this combo properly but goodness, his hips. *shifts in chair*

But it is an excellent strategy no doubt and really goes well with what he mentioned, maximizing, attacking all the elements. And it maximizes our headaches, woo! :13877886:

14 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Hello 3A-3Lo, nice to meet your acquaintance. I blame @mcq for this, it got mentioned as an option so many times last season to raise the BV that somehow the universe whispered it into his ear and his delightful brain latched on to the increase. I mean it is a significant increase and I'm not doubting he can rotate this combo properly but goodness, his hips. *shifts in chair*

But it is an excellent strategy no doubt and really goes well with what he mentioned, maximizing, attacking all the elements. And it maximizes our headaches, woo! :13877886:

I trust Yuzu's edge jumps. Actually BOrser's boys all have nice edge jumps (though Cha needs to work on that Axel). And if he's really limiting his practice time to be more efficiency oriented, he should be alright. The one I'm worried about is Nate's practice schedule, I heard that Raf has some weird grueling training regime to get stamina up?  Question is, would that really be good, if true, or lead to more health issues down the road?

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I trust Yuzu's edge jumps. Actually BOrser's boys all have nice edge jumps (though Cha needs to work on that Axel). And if he's really limiting his practice time to be more efficiency oriented, he should be alright. The one I'm worried about is Nate's practice schedule, I heard that Raf has some weird grueling training regime to get stamina up?  Question is, would that really be good, if true, or lead to more health issues down the road?

What kind of regime does Raf have for Nathan? 

13 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

For some reason I got the feeling Brian had a hand in this because Yuzu's not one to do -Lo combos. I'm just soooo glad that him and Brian seem to be on the same wavelength now (only took what? 5 years? Just in time for Pyeongchang /LOL/).

Just now, xeyra said:

What kind of regime does Raf have for Nathan? 

Well it was something related to Ashley when I was reading through the GS threads on her. But supposedly Raf makes you practice a bunch of stuff till you're tired, and then you start the jumps, so you're used to jumping on tired legs in theory. I'm not sure how true it is, but supposedly Patrick got inspired by Nathan's training....

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Well it was something related to Ashley when I was reading through the GS threads on her. But supposedly Raf makes you practice a bunch of stuff till you're tired, and then you start the jumps, so you're used to jumping on tired legs in theory. I'm not sure how true it is, but supposedly Patrick got inspired by Nathan's training....

That sounds like a good recipe for injury but it seems to work for them?