So, I come bearing some more statistics, this time related to jumps. You can see them in the Jump Statistics Tab of the Google sheets, but I'm bringing them here for better view. 

These statistics only include jumping passes and are organized by first jump. If you check the individual tabs of each skater, you'll notice I've counted attempts of jumps as both single and in combination within the same group. As such, I haven't counted percentage of landed triples at the end of combinations, such as -1Lo-3S/3F or -2T/3T; those are part of the cluster of the preceding jump. 

Anyways, here are the results. This is merely a general overview, so feel free to check each skater's tab in the google sheet for a more comprehensive look at individual percentages of landed jumps.

dF6uy7M.png

As you can see, Shoma and Boyang have the highest rate of landed jumps, with Nathan and Javi close behind, though Javi had a lot less attempts. However, Yuzu wins on the positive GOE of his landed jumps (Shoma and Boyang are very close behind). Unfortunately, Yuzu also basically popped many of his jumps so... :facepalm: 

These statistics ONLY take into account the ISU sanctioned competitions, as mentioned before.

If you want a more complete (and great!) overview of Shoma's jump statistics, which includes all his competitions, you can find them in this blog. You'll notice how Shoma seemed to have managed to have his major issues during the non important competitions and then went clean(er) at the ISU ones, thus the large difference in percentages.

Also, @sallycinnamon has done a great job with Yuzuru's jump statistics for various seasons here ( @sallycinnamon, please let me know if you don't want this public and I'll remove the link!).

Edit: Please forgive the very grave mistake on Boyang's percentages on the original table, which I've changed now. They were correct on his individual tab but for some reason I typed them incorrectly in the comparative table. This basically changes the 'summary' of things, so I've edited some things in the text itself to reflect the real numbers. Boyang was basically as consistent as Shoma on both landed and positively graded jumps (though the average GOEs do differ).

Edit 2: These percentages don't count popped jumps in the landed jumps, even if they were technically landed. Later, I'll add in a row that counts the popped jumps as well.

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

Folks, I hope you keep these tables with statistics for the posterity...  Thank you!!!

I have saved a copy for myself of the google sheets so I can always find it! I'm hoping to keep a tally in real time for next season.

34 minutes ago, xeyra said:

So, I come bearing some more statistics, this time related to jumps. You can see them in the Jump Statistics Tab of the Google sheets, but I'm bringing them here for better view. 

These statistics only include jumping passes and are organized by first jump. If you check the individual tabs of each skater, you'll notice I've counted attempts of jumps as both single and in combination within the same group. As such, I haven't counted percentage of landed triples at the end of combinations, such as -1Lo-3S/3F or -2T/3T; those are part of the cluster of the preceding jump. 

Anyways, here are the results. This is merely a general overview, so feel free to check each skater's tab in the google sheet for a more comprehensive look at individual percentages of landed jumps.

nNqjoKM.png

As you can see, Shoma, Nathan and Javi have the highest rate of landed jumps, though Javi had a lot less attempts, but Yuzu wins on the positive GOE of his landed jumps (Shoma is very close behind). Unfortunately, Yuzu also basically popped many of his jumps so... :facepalm: 

These statistics ONLY take into account the ISU sanctioned competitions, as mentioned before.

If you want a more complete (and great!) overview of Shoma's jump statistics, which includes all his competitions, you can find them in this blog. You'll notice how Shoma seemed to have managed to have his major issues during the non important competitions and then went clean(er) at the ISU ones, thus the large difference in percentages.

Also, @sallycinnamon has done a great job with Yuzuru's jump statistics for various seasons here ( @sallycinnamon, please let me know if you don't want this public and I'll remove the link!).

Thank you for creating those statistics. 

:thankyou::loveshower:

I love numbers, so I really appreciate it. 

And I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that :hopelessness:

Nevertheless, I think there is a little calculation error concerning Boyang Yin's statistics. 48 landed jumps out of 55 attempts should be 87% and 35 landed jumps with +GOE out of 55 attempts should be 64%. Please correkt me, if I'm wrong.

27 minutes ago, Anna said:

Thank you for creating those statistics. 

:thankyou::loveshower:

I love numbers, so I really appreciate it. 

And I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that :hopelessness:

Nevertheless, I think there is a little calculation error concerning Boyang Yin's statistics. 48 landed jumps out of 55 attempts should be 87% and 35 landed jumps with +GOE out of 55 attempts should be 64%. Please correkt me, if I'm wrong.

Gah, you're absolutely right! The percentages are correct on Boyang's tab but for some reason I typed them incorrectly on the summary table. :facepalm: I'm SO sorry! I'll correct it right away and upload an updated table. 

If it weren't for the fact google sheets hates percentages and I can't get the % to work unless I type it out (otherwise, if I choose it to show percentages, it effs the numbers up), this would never have happened since I usually refer to the specific cells in the individual tabs....

Thank you @xeyra for your comparative statistics, these are very interesting! :clap:

The numbers also confirm that Yuzu is the most consistent skater when it comes to quality, and also that he rarely falls - but when he makes mistakes, then those are the costly pops.

Finally I've also had a bit free time in the past few days and could continue working on my spreadsheet, which is here, and it includes:

- Yuzuru's triple and quadruple jumping success rates by each season and all-time (senior). I counted the fully rotated and landed jumps with -GOE and +GOE separately (this is the one @xeyra already posted),

If we only look at the % of the rotated and landed jumps, but not the number of attempts or the GOE, then his most successful jump is the triple flip! But if we count the +GOE, too then it is actually one of his weakest jumps.

Of course Yuzu is the king of axel with 123/130 successful attempts which is an incredible 95% rate :free-random-smileys-830:

-I listed his popped and underrotated/downgraded jumps too - with the latter I didn't have much work to do as only 2.5% of his jumps were UR/DG. It's just an another incredible number. :bow:

-The other sheets include all his senior competitions, but so far I added only his executed jumps with GOE + PCS scores (I may add all the other elements too). I added highest/lowest difference scores and averages for BV, GOE, TES, PCS (by components), and SP/FS/Combined Total scores (with and without results of Japanese Nationals). This is something similar to skateDB's databasis, only it is included in one file and is a bit extended.

Feel free to edit it or correct anything if I made mistakes.

25 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thank you @xeyra for your comparative statistics, these are very interesting! :clap:

The numbers also confirm that Yuzu is the most consistent skater when it comes to quality, and also that he rarely falls - but when he makes mistakes, then those are the costly pops.

Finally I've also had a bit free time in the past few days and could continue working on my spreadsheet, which is here, and it includes:

- Yuzuru's triple and quadruple jumping success rates by each season and all-time. I counted the fully rotated and landed jumps with -GOE and +GOE separately (this is the one @xeyra already posted),

If we only look at the % of the rotated and landed jumps, but not the number of attempts or the GOE, then his most successful jump is the triple flip! But if we count the +GOE, too then it is actually one of his weakest jumps.

Of course Yuzu is the king of axel with 123/130 successful attempts which is an incredible 95% rate :free-random-smileys-830:

-I listed his popped and underrotated/downgraded jumps too - with the latter I didn't have much work to do as only 2.5% of his jumps were UR/DG. It's just an another incredible number. :bow:

-The other sheets include all his senior competitions, but so far I added only his executed jumps with GOE + PCS scores (I may add all the other elements too). I added highest/lowest difference scores and averages for BV, GOE, TES, PCS (by components), and SP/FS/Combined Total scores (with and without results of Japanese Nationals). This is something similar to skateDB's databasis, only it is included in one file and is a bit extended.

Oh lord I was comparing your 2010-11 with mine and realised I somehow skipped 4CC for that season...

-_-

I hope I didn't miss anything on any other seasons... *will fix it later*

Since we did a similar kind of thing if you want to merge anything from mine into yours, you can haha or correct anything on mine if you spot a mistake~

7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

- Yuzuru's triple and quadruple jumping success rates by each season and all-time (senior). I counted the fully rotated and landed jumps with -GOE and +GOE separately (this is the one @xeyra already posted),

Hey @sallycinnamon. I noticed a couple very small differences between our numbers for Yuzu in Skate Canada individual SP PCS (which reflected in some averages) so I confirmed in the protocols and corrected them in your sheet. Everything else matches, I believe. Also, let me :bow: for doing this for all of Yuzu's senior career. That's a lot of numbers. 

Just for fun, and for completeness sake, I decided to check how much percentages could raise if I counted the popped jumps as landed jumps. So I added in popped combos and jumps to the landed jumps count, especially since some of these had positive GOE as well.

I did NOT count singles, though, not even when they're valid elements in the FS. lolsob, Zuzu had 3 of those, and I didn't even count his masterful SE-1A-SE. Also didn't count Patrick's 1A-2T from WTT. 

BQlWtHZ.png

The most glaring difference is with Patrick. Some of his quads were popped into triples with pretty good GOE! As you see, his percentages rose by almost 10%. Patrick is a master at making pops look good. :smiley-cool14:

This was originally posted at GS, so I'm bringing this here as well, updated to WTT 2017, which is an overview of the best scored elements of the season (by total score and by GOE).

YwJEOF5.png

48 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This was originally posted at GS, so I'm bringing this here as well, updated to WTT 2017, which is an overview of the best scored elements of the season (by total score and by GOE).

YwJEOF5.png

Criminal that none of Yuzu's combination jumps or solo quad jumps got 3.0 GOE throughout the whole season.

1 hour ago, Fresca said:

Criminal that none of Yuzu's combination jumps or solo quad jumps got 3.0 GOE throughout the whole season.

his 3A in the SP got +3 twice (NHK and 4CC I think) though. but yeah the judges have been a bit stingy >:(

34 minutes ago, Fresca said:

Can't really understand why Yuzuru's 4S and 4T in the FS at Worlds didn't get +3GOE, same with his 4S3T at WTT - it was amazing.

Also, the judges are way too focused on performance as a whole. I think if you make a mistake early they will be harsher on the rest of the elements, which obviously they should't be since that is not one of the rules - that you must go clean/nearly clean to get high GOEs :facepalm:  Hopefully I'm overreacting/paranoid and wrong :13877886:

4 minutes ago, Étudeesque said:

Can't really understand why Yuzuru's 4S and 4T in the FS at Worlds didn't get +3GOE, same with his 4S3T at WTT - it was amazing.

Also, the judges are way too focused on performance as a whole. I think if you make a mistake early they will be harsher on the rest of the elements, which obviously they should't be since that is not one of the rules - that you must go clean/nearly clean to get high GOEs :facepalm:  Hopefully I'm overreacting/paranoid and wrong :13877886:

Judges are human and are as influenced by circumstances as anyone. And yes, some are politically inclined, as expected. Some are probably also still inwardly ranking skaters, despite there no longer existing a 6.0 system. Skating earlier tends to make judges save up some points, or at least, skating later allows for a floodgate to be opened after good performances have come previously. Yuzu's best jumps just happened to occur in the competitions where he skated earlier, and as such, and unfortunately, he probably didn't get as much of the GOE floodgates. He still, as shown in all the pretty statistics being posted here, has gotten more positive GOE than anyone else, on average. Probably not as high GOE as someone would wish, but overall he had the most average GOEs. Despite his pops. And falls. And skating earlier on occasion.