1 minute ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

It won't be fair if they did only one jump either. They should at least get the average for both Yuzu and Shoma's jumps.

well with Yuzu's influence, I hope the university is getting lots of 'love letters'.

Heck I hope they get bombarded with them to the point its a mess :war:

6 minutes ago, Katt said:

How can someone have better height and distance and faster rotation at the same time ? Its like saying Polina Tsurskaya has Satoko's rotation speed, is that possible ?

This is not the first time JPN media try to make Yuzuru look worse, I dont know why they do this but these kind of comparison doesn't do Shoma any favor either. 

Yeap by this logic Polina already lands fully rotated quads, and Uno has fully rotated QUINT. 

I mean it's MATH!!! It's PURE MATH people! It's like saying Yagudin's huge jumps with Boyang's rotational speed. It's a QUINT already lol.

9 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

From my understanding, they didn't specify which jump they are comparing, only a quadruple jump from 2016-17 season. I don't think they say which match they got the data from either.

ETA: They said the "best" quadruple jump they did in 2016-17, and nothing else. (I don't know what they mean by that to be honest.)

So Yuzu's best quad last season was only 48cm high to Shoma's 55cm best? I.... I give up. Whoever did this math obviously used Yuzu's downgraded 4Lo from SC or something... 

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

So Yuzu's best quad last season was only 48cm high to Shoma's 55cm best? I.... I give up. Whoever did this math obviously used Yuzu's downgraded 4Lo from SC or something... 

Yuzuru's weak 4lz (with a weak landing) at CoR was 69 cm in height: 

I assure you, this guy (who made this video) does sport video analysis as a living.

Carolina Kostner and Mishin pay him to help with her training.

So he is very serious about all of his data. He records, collects and saves data of all skaters from novice to senior. I would rather trust this guy than that "professor". 

9 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Is it even possible to jump a quad with only 48cm? 

Chukyo U prof, okay I see. No really, do they not want Japan to go 1-2 in mens? Now they give other media fuel to play with.

This article prompted my to watch nonchan's sub of Data Man again. They analysed Yuzu's 4T in his Sochi SP. They did some of the data gathering at Chukyo University and one of the people they consulted with is a certain Professor Yuasa who I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) wrote that article. :slinkaway: What actually possessed him to publish incorrect data?

Anyway, about the Data Man itself... they talk about his GOE and how his 4T got 2.86. T. Honda said it was the first time he saw a near perfect GOE (and now we don't just get PCS but GOE candies as well). So Yuzu's 4T: from the moment he jumps to the landing, covers 3.72 m; has a flight duration of 0.7 seconds (they showed his rotational speed using a drill :smiley-laughing021:). The average time of one revolution of his 4T is 0.215sec. His horizontal speed is 4.29m/sec while his vertical speed is 2.62m. Finally, they talk about him being basically built for jumps :biggrin:. Or as Carol Lane once said 'he's actually almost the perfectly designed figure skating machine'.

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

The Russian blogger analysis also has some issues but they do have Shoma's 4S at 44cm. *shrug*

Pre-rotation, remember? 

Anyway I do not trust that the Russian blogger did well with his calculation. 

Now look at this guy who calculated TecShoma's "4F". Shoma's 4F and 3F technically have same airtime 

http://perform-live.com/blog/video-analysis-of-figure-skating/164-how-to-do-a-quad-flip-by-shoma-uno-japan.html

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

Is it even possible to jump a quad with only 48cm? 

Chukyo U prof, okay I see. No really, do they not want Japan to go 1-2 in mens? Now they give other media fuel to play with.

I'm not sure there's any media who'd pick this up and run with it, no worries. Not just the analysis, but the fact it has no source on the data used for analysis. This is, I guess, more for internal politics. Because Japan. 

25 minutes ago, meoima said:

Yeap by this logic Polina already lands fully rotated quads, and Uno has fully rotated QUINT. 

I mean it's MATH!!! It's PURE MATH people! It's like saying Yagudin's huge jumps with Boyang's rotational speed. It's a QUINT already lol.

I can't math but I think this is some kind of basic logic ? i mean, height and distance may not due to rotation speed only, its take off, air positions and other things, like I think Liza Tuk can jump bigger lutz than Polina's with faster rotation speed, but the difference may really small. I don't know why one can see Yuzuru's jumps in video (not even fancam) and say his quads are only 44 cm, and claim it is his best one :facepalm:

I dont know how legit the russian analysis is, but I think Perform live is a quite reliable source. At least I know what kind of method and jumps they used, not just random data without any reference. 

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

I can't math but I think this is some kind of basic logic ? i mean, height and distance may not due to rotation speed only, its take off, air positions and other things, like I think Liza Tuk can jump bigger lutz than Polina's with faster rotation speed, but the difference may really small. I don't know why one can see Yuzuru's jumps in video (not even fancam) and say his quads are only 44 cm, and claim it is his best one :facepalm:

I dont know how legit the russian analysis is, but I think Perform live is a quite reliable source. At least I know what kind of method and jumps they used, not just random data without any reference. 

Technically, Polina's jumps are among the biggest in size, even bigger than Liza but Liza's technique is much purer and more effortless. The difference is really small though.

Yes I am chatting with Perform Live and he agrees that data by the Japanese "professor" is absurd.