Cats

robin

• 2 weeks later...

This is Yuzu footage excerpted from a promo clip for a TV show called "Otakara Library." It looks like a show to introduce un-released footage related to sports and athletes filmed by Nittere and their next episode which will be aired on 25th includes footage of Yuzu in Atsuma-cho filmed last summer for 24hr TV. Guess whom he is talking to and who is touching his foot...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My kitty has been having urinary tract issues lately. He could barely urinate and was in a lot of discomfort. He's on antibiotics now but has to change to a special urinary tract health diet... and right after he got on antibiotics he started throwing up his food (which then stopped)... so now he hates his old food and his special food... so I"m searching for anything that might stay down, but so far he shows little appetite. He eats, but not as much as he should. I  know it could be the antibiotics so as long as he's eating something I"m ok with it, but I need him to start liking the special prescription diet, be it this brand or another, because this food supposedly dissolves the crystals in his urine which are the cause of the problem... at least he takes his medicine easily. In these covid times it's hard to just go to a pet store and look, you have to buy online, pick it up curb side or get it delivered etc...

I really sympathise - my old boy had to have special food for a kidney complaint and he was an absolute devil for refusing to eat the special food and going out to catch mice and birds as if to say ‘ if you’re not going to feed me properly I’ll get my own’.  He did get used to it in the end but I’m afraid it took several months of a battle of wills.

49 minutes ago, liv said:

My kitty has been having urinary tract issues lately. He could barely urinate and was in a lot of discomfort. He's on antibiotics now but has to change to a special urinary tract health diet... and right after he got on antibiotics he started throwing up his food (which then stopped)... so now he hates his old food and his special food... so I"m searching for anything that might stay down, but so far he shows little appetite. He eats, but not as much as he should. I  know it could be the antibiotics so as long as he's eating something I"m ok with it, but I need him to start liking the special prescription diet, be it this brand or another, because this food supposedly dissolves the crystals in his urine which are the cause of the problem... at least he takes his medicine easily. In these covid times it's hard to just go to a pet store and look, you have to buy online, pick it up curb side or get it delivered etc...

I know nothing about veterinary medicine, but supposing it is more or less similar as for humans, do you know what those crystals are made of? If they are rather limescale/limestone, there may be a concern if he drinks a hard tap water.

2 hours ago, liv said:

It is a difficult time for pets as well... :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

My cat has been suffering from ureteral stones since several years ago and having therapeutic food since then. Although he doesn't especially like it, he didn't have much trouble switching from the old one. When he is hungry and there is nothing else to eat, he takes it, though he is much happier when my parents treat him raw fish meat from time to time. However, he sometimes refuses to eat such a treat after throwing up. I guess, in such time, he may be waiting to recover from the damage caused by the stomach acid. Antibiotics never do good to your stomach, so maybe your cat will regain appetite after finishing all the medicine he has to take? Anyway, I hope he will feel better soon and be able to enjoy eating.

• 2 weeks later...