General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, kamotejojo said:

:ninja::ninja::ninja:, this Pino...

This is going to have to be a two parter because the last bits really defeated me (I got the general idea of what he's trying to convey but am struggling with the kanji and precise wording and he also gets really metaphorical) and I have assignments to finish but I just wanted to speed translate the key part of Yuzu reacting to Seimei.

Usual disclaimers apply: I'm only translating the main gist of things so people more proficient in Japanese are welcome to correct me, especially the parts where I marked. Also if anyone can think of a more elegant translation for 世界最高の自分, that would be great because there kind of isn't really a good way to translate in English and they use it a lot. I'm going with 'the version of himself that stood on top of the world' but it's pretty damn unwieldy. 

Key takeaways

• This program is brutal for showing ACI at the start lol #TOOSOON
  • Yuzu has an incredible will to dominate and command the spotlight but works best against adversity/when pissed off and is extremely sensitive to nerves (even if he doesn't appear so on the outside), which is likely why he struggles so much when he's leading after the short and in a situation like today. It's true, he needs to skate last or immediately after a rival who's performed beautifully/perfectly and ideally when everyone's ignoring him
  • His attitude to injuries......... .. .. .. please have learned from it yuzu :13877886:
  • Landing the first jump is crucial to the program
  • Kill me three times over with the sealing gesture (HQ multiple angle shots of the sealing gesture after Seimei!)

Under the spoiler because it's kinda long. 

Spoiler

From 11:53

After surpassing the world records at NHK… amidst the celebration, there was this thought in Hanyu’s head:

Y: What should I do? I can’t surpass my current self!

2 weeks later, he begun the fight to surpass the version of himself that stood on top of the world.

Y: It was probably the first time I started to feel fear. There was a feeling like I had finally accomplished (the pinnacle) at the NHK Trophy. It was the first time I felt the pressure of ‘how do I do something better’ along with all the expectation.

At Grand Prix Final in Barcelona (Narrator): At the practice, a camera caught a rare sight: Yuzuru failing his 4T. And failing again. The truth of that…

Interviewer: We heard in April about your lisfranc injury. What was its impact at this point?

Y: It wasn’t there… hmm… 'Let’s do without this. Let’s not talk about this' (*note: I can’t tell if he was referring to his attitude towards the injury at the time - like ‘it’s nothing, let’s disregard this’ or if he means let’s not talk about this in the interview. I’d say it’s the former because he goes on to talk about it).

Narrator: The truth of this was the lisfranc injury on the left foot (goes on to introduce what the lisfranc is). When jumping the toe loop, there is a huge burden placed on the left foot.

Y: The impact of the 4T was honestly a large burden on my foot. It did restrict how frequently I could practise and how many times I could jump the 4T.

Interviewer: This was something we didn’t know…

Y: Well, I didn’t say anything. I didn’t want to say anything.

At the time of the FS in Barcelona, backstage while preparing. 

Y: At that time, I was very angry. I was very angry with myself. I was fighting with the anxiety of ‘what should I do now?’ at the time.

The person before Hanyu was Spain’s own, Javier Fernandez. At the time, Hanyu was waiting backstage for his turn and did not watch the performance...

Y (looking at himself backstage): I was sooo nervous. Can we stop this for a second?

Y: At the time, ((the crowd's excitement/voices was already at fever pitch* - I took creative liberties with translation because vocab referred to something that translated into 'establishment'. Based on context, I think this is what they mean)). From above and below, there was incredible voices and I could hear their standing ovation. If I were to guess from the number (of voices), I thought it must have been a clean performance. Because of that, my nervousness increased exponentially.

The home crowd’s excitement only grew with Javier’s score announcement. And then… chants of ‘Javi!’

Y: It was probably from here that the calls of Javi stopped and just became one ‘waaaa’.

Exactly what happened to make the Javi calls turn into applause?

Yuzu jumped a 3A to shut them up (WHAT A TROLL).

Y: I was feeling the frustration of ‘I’m warming up but no one is watching me.’ So really remember I jumped a beautiful 3A with all my might like ‘now I’m the one skating’.

Q: Was that 3A to change the mood?

Y: Of course, I wanted to change the mood/atmosphere. You could say in a way, I was asserting my dominance.

2min before the performance, Hanyu dominated the stage with a 3A. 

Y: They were clapping to the beat. It’s not an easy or natural thing to have people clapping for me before my performance ((T/N: I think he means it's a rare thing for people to be clapping in expectation and as one but open to being corrected here)). 

Narration (dramatic AF): The battle with his own ‘world’s best’. His left leg’s injury. The legendary 4min 40sec starts now!

--

SEIMEI

After the first perfect 4T.

Y: For me, this was the most important entry point into the performance. If I hadn’t landed the 4T there successfully, the entire structure of the program would have collapsed.

StSq

Y: I was thinking here that I must get a Lvl 4 in my Step Sequence. If I didn’t, it would become hard to surpass my scores at the NHK as all my scores (GOEs?) were high in the previous performance. I was thinking ‘I must get Lvl 4’ while controlling my stamina/body and breathing, I was thinking about it all.

Narration: But at the end of the performance, there was no explosion of feeling (like at the NHK Trophy). Why was that?

Y: I did have a sense of 'the world' ((either the world record or the 'world' of Onmyouji. Based on what he says after this, I'm going to go with the latter. It gets very spiritual and interesting)). After my performance, I closed my hands (in the sealing gesture). I probably only did it at this competition. 

(BEAUTIFUL SHOT OF HIM SEALING THE HANDS)

For why he did it.......stay tuned for next time when I am better able to translate his words :xD:

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I didn't shout too loud because he was like... Right in front of me. I could have been leaning more and I could have been able to brush the costume with my hands. 

If he remembers me he might freak out if he hears my voice lol 

Maybe he will remember me because I was the only non-asian in the section where I was squished. And those who met me prbably noticed that I'm like 90% eyes and 10% face. Maybe that'll help him remember me next time I see him. Tracy definitely recognizes me, as I said earlier, she said hi to me and kept smiling at me 💔 

I feel like karma from a past life must have been finally balanced out something idk, so many people plan out their ideal situations and that rarely works out as you imagine it. This was better.

My imagination was like a knockoff Sharknado movie compared to what happened over these days. 

You are almost as cute as our overlord himself, from all of your updates. You deserve every bit of the joy you got, and he deserves every bit of the love and support you poured out there.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

We were talking about giving Brian pooh gloves, the type where there's a pooh head type of mitten, so he can fold it over his hands when he shakes Yuzu's hand before Yuzu skates to the center. Automatically allows Yuzu to squish Pooh's head. :laughing:

I stick by my Pooh hoodie idea for Brian. Yuzu could just squish his head. Might even keep Brian's hair on.

About Japan critics. I don't think many Japanese dislike him? I used to read some comments in Japanese said bad thing about him but they're the minority. When I talked about Yuzu with my Japanese friends and teachers everyone seems to love him and is very proud of him even though they are not FS fans.

5 hours ago, Blt said:

The gold belt is shiny-er (now he's making me invent new words lol), the green and purple swirls are gone. I really like the new costume, I hope he keeps it. I am hoping for some Yuzuvier moments. They are so adorable on the podium ❤️ And yes definitely Welcome back, Seimei! 

I love the new costume too though I hope it gets a little more refinement (I'm sure it will!) And ”shinier" is a real word. ^_^

2 hours ago, kamotejojo said:

:ninja::ninja::ninja:, this Pino...

Thanks for sharing! This is an interesting program about SEIMEI 

A couple points:

1) I like how they documented the events leading up to the GPF record-breaking record breaking performance and Yuzu being honest about how much pressure he had during those two weeks after his NHK clean one.

2)We have heard him said this before but it's really cool to hear him say how he took control of the atmosphere with the beautiful look-at-me 3A after the Javi call haha (the cut from warm up area to where he enter the rink with roaring crowd is very interesting too, it it really shows you what he is up against...Home crowd who went wild for their local hero...Such big pressure to add on top!)

3) He talked about how the quad toe combo really was the only flaw and what made him nervous about whether he can break his own record...Combining that with his hidden list franc injury.. there is no wonder he let out and cried in relief after he heard the score

4)GPF was totally calculated performance in order to be perfect and one up his own clean performance at NHK..While the NHK one he entered the zone and felt like he was absorbed by the performance, at GPF it was total control of how he wants to perform.

5) that's why he did the closing gesture (lol at three camera angle on this) ..Because he literally casted a spell on the rink and let out his shigami and he felt like he has to bring them back and close the enchanted boundary he set ahhah...It's soooo EXTRA! 

6) I love and admire and adore this guy. He is chosen by the Skating God as his human embodiment on Earth is basically what this program is telling us . So just you wait, mere mortals, SEIMEI 2.0 the perfection and miracle is coming for you all.The End .:bow:

Reading his interview, It's indeed a good move of Orser to stop Yuzuru from doing 4lz and 4lo for this competition. 

Knowing Yuzuru, I am afraid had Orser not been there, Yuzuru might have jumped 4lz and 4lo in the beginning and won this competition with a bang. The media hype will be much much bigger and it's no good for the long run.

He might push himself too much and it might affect his knee. 

No one wants a bad free skate, of course everyone prefers that he wins but after all this is just a senior B, this messy skate also means it delays his peak then I am all good. 

He will bring 4lz and 4Lo to CoR because that's what he is!!