yuzu.fairy

18 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Kenji no Heya w/Yuzuru Hanyu Episode 2, for those of you who want it. Feel free to quietly share but kindly do not upload onto streaming sites. Thanks very much!

With special thanks to @kiches and @yuzu.fairy for their willingness to help :)

Thank you so much!  The subtitles are really appreciated.  I will enjoy watching parts 1 and 2 many times. 

I've mentioned it briefly in the general chat, but there's a full translation of the Future of Tohoku documentary (~40+ minutes) featuring 16 year-old Yuzu.

http://yuzuru-hanyu-translations.weebly.com/2010-2011.html

The video has to be downloaded in order to watch it. I can also upload it on google drive and share, but I'm not sure if it's allowed or not.

The website also features other Yuzu-related translations from his first senior season to the 2015/2016 season. It's not comprehensive, but really helpful for revisiting Yuzu's earlier seasons, especially for new fans like me.

• 2 weeks later...

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 3 (New!)

Past episodes:

Episode 2

Episode 1

*Episode 2 has been slightly revised. Line at 24:36 mark reworked as the original didn’t work as well as initially thought.

As always, feel free to discreetly share but kindly do not upload onto streaming sites. Thanks a bunch!

11/26/17: Subs for all episodes have undegone minor revision and reuploaded

02/04/18: Reuploaded to another file hosting site because Google feels violated

03/04/18: Reuploaded to another file hosting site

25 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 1

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 2

*Episode 2 has been slightly revised. Line at 24:36 mark reworked as the original didn’t work as well as initially thought.

As always, feel free to discreetly share but kindly do not upload onto streaming sites. Thanks a bunch!

Thank you very much!!! :bow:

12 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 1

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 2

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 3 (New!) <--Whoops! Just found a small part that needs a bit of fixing. Tweaking currently in progress. (This note will be removed once tweaking is completed. This version you can see now will be replaced.)

:thanks::goe:

17 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 1

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 2

THANK YOU :7938863:

18 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 1

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 2

Thank you! I love how you've managed to convey Kenji's Kansai-ben ossan vibes through the English and all the expression nuances : D 

• 1 month later...

Happy October!

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 4 *new*

Note: Lots of fast talking here so if you are a subtitle reader, you might need to pause at certain points to allow yourself time to process.

Past episodes:

Episode 3

Episode 2

Episode 1

Feel free to discreetly share but kindly do not upload onto streaming sites. Thanks a bunch!

11/26/17: Subs for all episodes have undegone minor revision and reuploaded

02/04/18: Reuploaded to another file hosting site cos Google has ruled Hanyu unsafe for public consumption and :banned2-smiley-face: his ass

03/04/18: Reuploaded to another file hosting site

On 02/10/2017 at 11:58 AM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Happy October!

Note: Lots of fast talking here so if you are a subtitle reader, you might need to pause at certain points to allow yourself time to process.

Past episodes:

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 3

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 2

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 1

Feel free to discreetly share but kindly do not upload onto streaming sites. Thanks a bunch!

I was looking forward to this! Thank you very much: it's been really moving and interesting to hear what he had to say about his crash at the cup of china. The part about Hana ni nare also got my interest: I ended up watching both programmes again with another perspective. How many episodes are there by the way? I thought the fourth was the last one but I am under the impression that there is more to come. 

10 hours ago, Terrapin said:

How many episodes are there by the way? I thought the fourth was the last one but I am under the impression that there is more to come. 

I think there are five episodes in total, so only the last one is missing :smiley-sad021: (I need more:cry::59227c768286a__s:)

On 2/10/2017 at 11:58 AM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Happy October!

Past episodes:

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 3

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 2

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 1

Thank you @¯\_(ツ)_/¯ for bringing the 4th episode!:thanks:

(I had to pause it so many times to read all the subs, he talks soooo fast... and then I had to replay a lot of parts some more just to enjoy Yuzu's gestures and tone of voice or just be mesmerized by his laugher)

Wow, there were so many parts that made me LOL, and sometimes laugh and wince at the same time, like when Yuzuru talks about the CoC collision or the tale about the delayed 2A-"Let's make it a 3A instead"... really, this guy :facepalm:

And he said he used to be bad at jumping (Axel being somehow the exception, tho:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:) who would have though that:xD:

Maybe he just needed to find his rhythm for the jumps. Amazing how now he can jump so beautifully:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

I need to quote this gem around 15 minutes mark:

-Do you make a point to check out other skaters' performances?-

-Like.A.Hawk.-

:peekapooh:

Watching Yuzuru talking is so entertainig, he has a very animated and nuanced way to express his thoughts, and I like that this translation tries to convey all of this. And yay, so many onomatopoeias:10814716:

I loved the talk about Chopin 1.0 too, and about spins and the different "impression" they leave (wow Miyamoto made Yuzuru even more fastidious about spins:worship:).

What struck me the most, though, is how much Yuzuru laughed and seemed to relax and have fun during the show. It's really a joy to watch.:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

On 10/2/2017 at 12:58 PM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Happy October!

Past episodes:

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 3

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 2

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 1

Thank  you!You're  such a blessing to those  who don't understand Japanese .  :thanks::thanks:

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the wait, for any of you who have been waiting:

Mod EDIT:

(original mega links are broken, please use the link above!)

Kenji no Heya w/YH Ep 5 (fin)

With special thanks to: @kiches, @yuzu.fairy, & @sweetwater

Past episodes

Episode 4

Episode 3

Episode 2

Episode 1

Feel free to discreetly share but kindly do not upload onto streaming sites unless agreement is given. Thanks a bunch!

Aaaand that's all folks! That's all of 'em. S'been a true pleasure. =D

02/04/18: Reuploaded to another file hosting site cos Google

03/04/18: Reuploaded to yet another file hosting site

12/18/18: Agreement given to Skating Portal to upload on their Bilibili channel

08/23/22: Agreement given to Planet Hanyu to upload on their YouTube channel (but no reuploading if they get taken down)

Ahhh thank youuuu <3  (I need Yuzu to do more fun interviews like this with people he's familiar with my children are dying)

Interesting that it seems like Yuzu's natural self was a highly emotional, mostly optimistic kid, more prone to overconfidence than anything else -- the key difference being he was wholeheartedly open to, and fortunate to have people like Abe-sensei tempering down those natural tendencies and redirecting it into a fierce determination to also work hard and stay humble. さすが天才. 

(his ossan comment makes me crack up as hard as he does every time. I also lowkey love his dynamic with Kenji, who can't help but be impressed/charmed by yuzu like everyone else but also remains his gruff ossan self w/ a poker face)