30 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Okay, but, why is nobody talking about this- Chopins are discussing their third brother looks, meanwhile Princes are playing rock-paper-scissors in the background, Phantoms are planning on taking over the world with masks and wine, and Parisienne Walkways are chilling with ice-cream. Meanwhile the eternal Pooh costume drinks his honey and wonder when will it's turn come (don't come, plis xD).

I think the corset thingy came from waist sash evolution...doesn't mean I support it though. I'm sucker for elaborate sleeves with wrist cuffs, or flowing sleeves with bell-like/kimono finishes, so anything that has one of this is automatically liked by me- I have such low standards:headdesk:

Well... we never know if he will skate in a pooh costume one day because he likes to do the unexpected :winky:

I mean.. look at Plushenko... his idol is skating wearing a muscle suit with a gold underwear and yuzu seems to adore it... :10636614:

On 10.06.2017 at 14:04, MrPudding said:

Well... we never know if he will skate in a pooh costume one day because he likes to do the unexpected :winky:

I mean.. look at Plushenko... his idol is skating wearing a muscle suit with a gold underwear and yuzu seems to adore it... :10636614:

Don't jinx it, or we'll get a Pooh/sexbomb collab ex one day,.. knowing Plushenko's other exes, it's possible...

Off topic a bit, but I recently bought a summer dress in a really bright color, which I usually try to avoid, and only now it enlightened me why I adore it despite my not so good relationship with said color:

It has Chopin sleeves. And is red. Red Chopin...:Poohgaveup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, so Etude is my favourite thing in the world ever and I thought whoever designed it is a complete genius. Well, maybe everyone but me knows this, but according to this program (guests include Ogi Mama, Midori Ito and Takeshi Honda) Johnny Weir is the designer?!  I love him even more, now.

Editty McEditface: sallycinnamon did the program's job for them #notbyjohnny. Still a good program with lots of footage of historic moments in Japanese figure skating and speculation about Hanyu's chances in Sochi.

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Okay, so Etude is my favourite thing in the world ever and I thought whoever designed it is a complete genius. Well, maybe everyone but me knows this, but according to this program (guests include Ogi Mama, Midori Ito and Takeshi Honda) Johnny Weir is the designer?!  I love him even more, now.

The Etude costume was inspired a lot by Johnny's style but it was designed by Shizuko Orihara of Mu costume design.

I love it so much, too, it's just gorgeous.:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

10 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Dang TV and their dang faulty research, consarnit.

I think some people think it was designed by Johnny because of the similarities and unique style. Etude reminds me of Johnny's FS costume from the 2005/2006 season (the asymmetry and the blue colours, even though the shades of the colour and the colour of the pants are different).

By the way, I love your ava a lot! :tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6:

11 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I think some people think it was designed by Johnny because of the similarities and unique style. Etude reminds me of Johnny's FS costume from the 2005/2006 season (the asymmetry and the blue colours, even though the shades of the colour and the colour of the pants are different).

By the way, I love your ava a lot! :tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6:

(I love my ava so much I'm going to supanova. I also love your ava a lot.)

The costume that keeps on giving, worn again by Sota Yamamoto:

Sota+Yamamoto+83rd+Japan+Figure+Skating+

Anyway, it'd be pretty cushy if you could get royalty checks for just inspiring design! Did he officially design NDP or was that another inspiration from his NDP/Ave Maria? I think I'm the only person who loves that pink, sparkly abomination. By golly, I love it. I want a Barbie doll of it.

7 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Anyway, it'd be pretty cushy if you could get royalty checks for just inspiring design! Did he officially design NDP or was that another inspiration from his NDP/Ave Maria? I think I'm the only person who loves that pink, sparkly abomination. By golly, I love it. I want a Barbie doll of it.

I'm betting my money on inspiration, since Jonny was so enraged by not enough sparkles enamored with it that he went and designed R&J 2. Don't worry, NDP is still higer on my list than Zigeunerweisen, so that might mean I like it, too! (Not really, even trashy bagpants are better than Zigeunerweisen, but hey, NDP has beautiful sleeves and differently colored gloves, so I MIGHT like it...)

4 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

I'm betting my money on inspiration, since Jonny was so enraged by not enough sparkles enamored with it that he went and designed R&J 2. Don't worry, NDP is still higer on my list than Zigeunerweisen, so that might mean I like it, too! (Not really, even trashy bagpants are better than Zigeunerweisen, but hey, NDP has beautiful sleeves and differently colored gloves, so I MIGHT like it...)

I've been watching a lot of Johnny this week and it's been fun playing Spot the Hanyu origins. Aside from the skating style and music choices, (they even breathe the same before beginning, it's really eerie), almost every costume is accounted for. Thank god he didn't go for the swan hand puppet for Notte Stellata!

etick_weir03_412.jpg

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

I've been watching a lot of Johnny this week and it's been fun playing Spot the Hanyu origins. Aside from the skating style and music choices, (they even breathe the same before beginning, it's really eerie), almost every costume is accounted for. Thank god he didn't go for the swan hand puppet for Notte Stellata!

etick_weir03_412.jpg

This been haunting me ever since I first heard Johnny was the one to use dying swan before Yuzu and I checked it... Thanks god he didn't go for it indeed.

I wonder where sea lettuce and angry seaweed come from... though maybe I don't want to know xD

12 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

This been haunting me ever since I first heard Johnny was the one to use dying swan before Yuzu and I checked it... Thanks god he didn't go for it indeed.

I wonder where sea lettuce and angry seaweed come from... though maybe I don't want to know xD

Notte looks more like his City of Angels costume which reminds me of a distressing dream I had about a bird a long time ago (which makes me like it in a nostalgic, terrified sort of way.)

Haven't found where those two come from, you know, except from the sea. I shall keep looking, though!

img%5D

WOT no purple pants??!!!! (love the white one though....)  I still love POTO costume..........and Swan of course (who doesn't love swan??!) :snonegai: