Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Planet Hanyu

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rostelecom Cup 2017 in Moscow, Russia

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Fay said:

 

Yeah, I can see where it is. There's a direct metro line to where it is, btw. From Paveletskaya to Dinamo, if you're really intent on saving. :) And intent on saving your time too - the centre of Moscow can be grid-locked.

 

 

So basically the express train will take me to the central station where I can take subway to the hotel right?:space:

39 minutes ago, nihil said:

There are smartphone apps like Rutaxi with English interface and option "I don't speak Russian" which also gives you up to 25% discount. And you can check in advance how much money will it take to get to your hotel. Gett and Uber are also available.

 

I checked google map and it gave me an estimate cost of 750 RUB for uber from SVO to the hotel which takes 28 mins driving. Not sure about current FX rate but I think 750 RUB would be like $15 which seems too good to be true:xD:

1 minute ago, Elaine said:

 

So basically the express train will take me to the central station where I can take subway to the hotel right?:space:

 

Yep. You'd have to walk around half a km after you emerge from the metro (subway/underground/whatever) then or take a bus or something. I can make up a route for you. Depending on whether you'd like to walk or take a bus.

5 minutes ago, Elaine said:

 

I checked google map and it gave me an estimate cost of 750 RUB for uber from SVO to the hotel which takes 28 mins driving. Not sure about current FX rate but I think 750 RUB would be like $15 which seems too good to be true:xD:

SVO's much closer to where you're staying. DME's on the other side of the city.

still you risk getting into traffic jams as that road is always busy. and you're right, the price is likely to be higher - pretty much useless to expect it to be lower than 1000 roubles. around $20.

Anyway, don't hesitate to PM me if there are any questions about any of the decisions you make.

  • Author
10 hours ago, Lunna said:

It was never a problem to get tickets for me but I always try to buy them from the start of sales cuz we have a lot FS fans, so best rows will be gone maybe not in a few hours but in a few days for sure. Ususally there's one or two official sellers but there're also reselleres who want to make money.

 

The situation may be different this time, because of Yuzuru and the fact that it will be the Olympic season. My concern is that once they start selling the tickets the Japanese fans will buy them all immediately and I can't get one. But if it happens maybe I could get tickets through resellers, too.

Tickets for RC don't seem to be too expensive, and I doubt that the resellers would want to sell them for unaffordable prices.

 

I checked the flight prices and they are really cheap. :smile: I could buy them first once I know it's not impossible to get tickets for the competition. :biggrin:

 

Besides the GP tickets, my other worry is how to get around in Moscow if I'll be there alone. I was told that it's not really safe to be there on my own, so I am not sure what to think about it.

20 minutes ago, Elaine said:

 

I checked google map and it gave me an estimate cost of 750 RUB for uber from SVO to the hotel which takes 28 mins driving. Not sure about current FX rate but I think 750 RUB would be like $15 which seems too good to be true:xD:

It's usually cheaper if you order trough apps and the driver cannot ask for more money, the price you see on the screen is fixed. Well, at least it works this way for Rutaxi, I've never used Uber. But traffic jams could be really awful, you can stuck for several hours (my personal record - 5 hours).

19 hours ago, Lunna said:

Last year it was 2 months before, but yeah, not early.

Anyway, if you have any questions I'll try to help (in terms of transport, view at the arena, etc.). It's just that Moscow is a big city and not that I know every corner even if live here)))

 

Hello,

I am dead set on going to Moscow, even if I could go only for two nights - I hope to get tickets for the men's events, and I have a kind of basic question: what is the homepage/ official homepage where tickets are on sale? 

 

Better, where on the internet will I find tickets in a few months time, when ticket sales begin?

 

Sorry for the  probably stupid question...:facepalm:

 

About flight/ accomodation I am not so panicked. I am sure I will find a bed to sleep in in this big city...somewhere.

 

But the tickets themselves, they got me panicked. Sorry. 

43 minutes ago, nihil said:

It's usually cheaper if you order trough apps and the driver cannot ask for more money, the price you see on the screen is fixed. Well, at least it works this way for Rutaxi, I've never used Uber. But traffic jams could be really awful, you can stuck for several hours (my personal record - 5 hours).

That's why I strongly recommend using the Aeroexpress - it's 35-45 minutes from a centrally situated railway station to any of the three major airports around Moscow. Traffic jams can be horrible here.

3 minutes ago, raebia said:

 

Hello,

I am dead set on going to Moscow, even if I could go only for two nights - I hope to get tickets for the men's events, and I have a kind of basic question: what is the homepage/ official homepage where tickets are on sale? 

 

Better, where on the internet will I find tickets in a few months time, when ticket sales begin?

 

Sorry for the  probably stupid question...:facepalm:

 

 

Er... that's the real problem. Nowhere. The tickets might appear unexpectedly somewhere around 2 months ahead. And the competition for them is going to be huge.

1 minute ago, Fay said:

 

Er... that's the real problem. Nowhere. The tickets might appear unexpectedly somewhere around 2 months ahead. And the competition for them is going to be huge.

 

Er...ok. 

 

Thank you for the reply, I will indulge in a bit of helpless laughter then and hope for the best!! :rofl:

Ok, for the first, ticket agency in Russia usually doesn`t get all seats for the first. Sometimes you can get better tickets later, or not. It seems to me that this year Cup of Russia will be popular not just according to Yuzuru, anyway, you can find tickets not for good places at Megasport arena.
2822.jpg

All 2** sectors are balcony. Prefered B1-D4. A1-A4 for spormens and so on.

15 minutes ago, kutien said:

Ok, for the first, ticket agency in Russia usually doesn`t get all seats for the first. Sometimes you can get better tickets later, or not. It seems to me that this year Cup of Russia will be popular not just according to Yuzuru, anyway, you can find tickets not for good places at Megasport arena.
2822.jpg

All 2** sectors are balcony. Prefered B1-D4. A1-A4 for spormens and so on.

 

 

Thank you!:free-random-smileys-838:

5 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

Well I don't have much hope then.:slinkaway:

 

Never give up.

 

We will meet in Moscow, Megasport arena!!! 

 

:h99:

 

...I did not mean to sound patronizing. The phrase never give up jumped into my mind from a beautiful mad of Yuzu, and I just thought of his fighting spirit :smile:

 

I have not given up hope getting tickets...but I would love for it being easier!!

21 minutes ago, kutien said:

Ok, for the first, ticket agency in Russia usually doesn`t get all seats for the first. Sometimes you can get better tickets later, or not. It seems to me that this year Cup of Russia will be popular not just according to Yuzuru, anyway, you can find tickets not for good places at Megasport arena.
 

All 2** sectors are balcony. Prefered B1-D4. A1-A4 for spormens and so on.

 

THANK YOU!!! :clap:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.