[2022] Junior Grand Prix Series

10 hours ago, airi said:

Wow, Mrazkova/Mrazek broke a junior world record for RD ;0 and have to say, they were absolutely awesome

I had my doubts about the length of her dress before the start, but it worked so well for the choreo :heart:

Once they move to seniors it might be exciting to have them compete with Taschlerova/Taschler, they already look to be about on par with them on they still have some years to grow in juniors. Maybe CZE will again have at least one discipline with more than one entry placing in top 10 in a couple of years?  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::laughing:

I just watched Mao Shimada... and I'm impressed. Everything was really good and she has so much charm. And, that spiral.... how many years has it been since spirals were actually held or given such importance ? Since before Daniil thrust his choreo upon the world and we met 2 second spirals that never met a musical highlight. I know many do skaters include them, but not like during the years of Kwan and Cohen. It's nice to see it used effectively. 

Hope she continues to develop at her own pace with injuries kept at bay.  Spins, charm, musicality... and I think her jump technique is good... you hate to be enthusiastic about a junior who then has troubles later because of technique (Marin Honda comes to mind), but if she continues like this, she's star material, for sure. 

On 9/4/2022 at 6:38 PM, liv said:

I just watched Mao Shimada... and I'm impressed. Everything was really good and she has so much charm. And, that spiral.... how many years has it been since spirals were actually held or given such importance ? Since before Daniil thrust his choreo upon the world and we met 2 second spirals that never met a musical highlight. I know many do skaters include them, but not like during the years of Kwan and Cohen. It's nice to see it used effectively. 

Hope she continues to develop at her own pace with injuries kept at bay.  Spins, charm, musicality... and I think her jump technique is good... you hate to be enthusiastic about a junior who then has troubles later because of technique (Marin Honda comes to mind), but if she continues like this, she's star material, for sure. 

She is very impressive, that's for sure. I adore that spiral covering pretty much half the rink. She has only one problem and that is excessive prerotation on her F and Lz but I hope she can fix it. She still has a lot of time. 

PS: For the love of god Hamada, let her grow at her own pace. Stop letting this child do quads and 3A too soon. 

So I dropped by to watch some junior ladies today (have not had time to watch the men yet) and this is what I saw (from the top 4).

Can you guess the jump and the GOEs they received? 😐 Changing the rules to give more room to punish edge and rotation issues eh... 

PS: In this house we don't talk about the commentators. 

PPS: No offense to Ami. She is one hella charming kid. 

FcI_MgOaQAE_WR-?format=jpg&name=large

FcI_MgBaIAAWWjl?format=jpg&name=large

FcI_MgMaQAIOmZj?format=jpg&name=large

FcI_MfyacAATpwF?format=jpg&name=large