Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

5 hours ago, ShiroKJ said:

Omg. My sister, who is a quadrennial FS fan just got into YOI.....

A few years ago she was really into Yuzu as a casual fan because of me but I think now she's a FS fan in the making....:smiley-transport012: 

You can show her plenty of great programs + other videos, and answer her all her questions. And when the time will come you two can cheer together for Yuzuru too!

That'll be fun! :smile:

1 hour ago, Emzie said:

So my DNA test came back...

Apparently I'm mostly Sicilian, Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian mix and a lil'bit of Turkish, Hungarian, Spanish, British, Belarusian and Ukrainian mix

You're Sicilian! Best genes ever, I tell you. Also, wow, I've met a group of Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian people last March and they're the bomb as well, so you're basically the most hardcore combination ever :rofl: Fits your avatar description as well :rofl:

On another note: anyone know any home remedies to upset stomach caused by date anxiety? I have to go out in an hour with a guy and I wouldn't want to spend the whole date in a bathroom because I'm too nervous because I'm happy but also NERVOUS. pls help.

8 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

On another note: anyone know any home remedies to upset stomach caused by date anxiety? I have to go out in an hour with a guy and I wouldn't want to spend the whole date in a bathroom because I'm too nervous because I'm happy but also NERVOUS. pls help.

Warm drinks always work for me... try some hot honey water or mint tea. 

8 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

Warm drinks always work for me... try some hot honey water or mint tea. 

But I already went a couple of hours ago so I don't think it's real, like, food in my belly wanting to go out... (tmi muriel tmi) I mean I did eat lunch just twenty minutes ago but I had the anxiety even before. I wonder if I should do some jumping jacks or something, I'm not having panic but it's really bothering me... 

9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

But I already went a couple of hours ago so I don't think it's real, like, food in my belly wanting to go out... (tmi muriel tmi) I mean I did eat lunch just twenty minutes ago but I had the anxiety even before. I wonder if I should do some jumping jacks or something, I'm not having panic but it's really bothering me... 

I don't know if it's a good idea to do exercise especially since you just had lunch. Although I suffer quite often from the stomach (from a medical condition, not anxiety), I feel that doing exercise does not help that much, except for walking. Walking always helps me to calm down and to settle my stomach. 

I hope someone here can have a better solution. But try to relax :2thumbsup:

Just now, Puniyo said:

I don't know if it's a good idea to do exercise especially since you just had lunch. Although I suffer quite often from the stomach (from a medical condition, not anxiety), I feel that doing exercise does not help that much, except for walking. Walking always helps me to calm down and to settle my stomach. 

I hope someone here can have a better solution. But try to relax :2thumbsup:

I'm gonna have to walk to go out, so I hope that will help. I will listen to music, too (Yuzuru's competition music playlist, thankyouverymuch). 

I do have stomach issues unrelated to anxiety too - when I was little I had colitis and painful evenings more than once a week - so that combination might be a factor. But I've been doing a bit better the past year.

I'm gonna try and think of relaxing things, breathe in, breathe out, and stuff xD Thanks for the help :winky:

@Murieleirum Thanks, someone has to be the devil here:devil3: Funny thing is I've never been in any of this countries, except Croatia and GB.

Don't know if you already left or not but for me taking deep breaths or/and squeezing something helps, as for more hardcore medication very warm gasless Coca Cola

@Murieleirum

I think you’ve already left, but for future reference, when I have a stomachache, I would warm my stomach with something like hot water bottle or portable warm pad when I have to go out. I also massage this pressure point. It’s called Ura-naitei. You can find your Ura-naitei by drawing a dot on the highest point of your index finger of your foot and folding the finger. Uranaitei is where the dot is transferred. (Here you can see how to do it but the pictures are not so beautiful…) But when you have a stomachache you’ll know where it is without doing it because it hurts when you push it. In my case both of these work very quickly. Although the effect is mild, massaging Goukoku also helps to relax.

7 hours ago, Emzie said:

@Murieleirum Thanks, someone has to be the devil here:devil3: Funny thing is I've never been in any of this countries, except Croatia and GB.

Don't know if you already left or not but for me taking deep breaths or/and squeezing something helps, as for more hardcore medication very warm gasless Coca Cola

I did already leave, and as soon as I got out of the house I somehow felt better (felt also that I digested my lunch lol) and had no issues after that. Must have been a psychological pain xD

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

@Murieleirum

I think you’ve already left, but for future reference, when I have a stomachache, I would warm my stomach with something like hot water bottle or portable warm pad when I have to go out. I also massage this pressure point. It’s called Ura-naitei. You can find your Ura-naitei by drawing a dot on the highest point of your index finger of your foot and folding the finger. Uranaitei is where the dot is transferred. (Here you can see how to do it but the pictures are not so beautiful…) But when you have a stomachache you’ll know where it is without doing it because it hurts when you push it. In my case both of these work very quickly. Although the effect is mild, massaging Goukoku also helps to relax.

Ah, I've tried using pressure points before, but I had never seen something like this. Thank you very much for the information, I'll definitely use it in the future! :winky:

36 minutes ago, kitsune said:

Today was my last test of this semester and I'm a little worried :sadPooh::Poohgaveup:. But for the positive side, I'm on vacation :space:.

Yay! You can indulge in Hanyu overdoses now :winky::7938863:

ETA: I am officially trashbag pants :rofl: