Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

I went to ULTA today and i found this. I giggled because i am a mature adult and then i found THIS. STRAWBERRY MUSHROOM, WHAT ARE THE ODDS.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

IT WAS NEXT TO THIS

Sad life of a fanyu, you can't even go and buy makeup without bumping into something reminiscent of the Overlord Trollzuru

Oh us fools for thinking we could escape the trollZuru Overlord by running into real life.

:muahaha:

So I'm torn. Next year I'm going to Japan, and I plan on saving up the whole summer for it. The fact that I'm going is already decided, but I'm torn about where to. Meaning: I could go to Saitama, and hope that somehow I might get accepted as a volunteer for Worlds (chances: very slim), and while working as a volunteer, I'd also be working to pay for home/food. OR, I could go to Sendai, which is considered one of the most beautiful cities in Japan, forget about Worlds, and enjoy Yuzuru's hometown. 

I'm not sure. Chances of getting to see Worlds, or working there as volunteer, seem so slim. Also, Saitama is very urban, while Sendai is closer to the countryside and would be less chaotic to live there (I presume). 

Heeeelp. 

8 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

So I'm torn. Next year I'm going to Japan, and I plan on saving up the whole summer for it. The fact that I'm going is already decided, but I'm torn about where to. Meaning: I could go to Saitama, and hope that somehow I might get accepted as a volunteer for Worlds (chances: very slim), and while working as a volunteer, I'd also be working to pay for home/food. OR, I could go to Sendai, which is considered one of the most beautiful cities in Japan, forget about Worlds, and enjoy Yuzuru's hometown. 

I'm not sure. Chances of getting to see Worlds, or working there as volunteer, seem so slim. Also, Saitama is very urban, while Sendai is closer to the countryside and would be less chaotic to live there (I presume). 

Heeeelp. 

Hello I've never been to Sendai before so I have no idea about there (but I really want to visit Sendai since it's yuzu's hometown)

but I used to go to Saitama. It's not that urban for me since I stayed near Minami-Urawa station (4 stops to Saitama-Shintoshin Station

which Saitama Super Arena, WC 2019 holding, located near by). It is very peaceful and tranquil town yet safe for solo traveler like me

who is like to wander and back to the residence around 10-11 pm. The expenditure for food or transportation is in budget

plus it's only 30 minutes to access Ikebukuro Station (Tokyo urban district) by railroad, very accessible and simple to stay.

Hope this help Ci

ps. I would choose WC 2019 if I could :sadPooh: since it might be the only chance I can see yuzu in real life (I live in Asia and am still a student so related to the budget, Japan is the best choice (if we forget how bloody it could be to grab the event ticket in Japan))

15 hours ago, 94yuha said:

Hello I've never been to Sendai before so I have no idea about there (but I really want to visit Sendai since it's yuzu's hometown)

but I used to go to Saitama. It's not that urban for me since I stayed near Minami-Urawa station (4 stops to Saitama-Shintoshin Station

which Saitama Super Arena, WC 2019 holding, located near by). It is very peaceful and tranquil town yet safe for solo traveler like me

who is like to wander and back to the residence around 10-11 pm. The expenditure for food or transportation is in budget

plus it's only 30 minutes to access Ikebukuro Station (Tokyo urban district) by railroad, very accessible and simple to stay.

Hope this help Ci

ps. I would choose WC 2019 if I could :sadPooh: since it might be the only chance I can see yuzu in real life (I live in Asia and am still a student so related to the budget, Japan is the best choice (if we forget how bloody it could be to grab the event ticket in Japan))

Thank you!! I will try my luck in Saitama then c: I feared the expense would be too high because of the proximity to Tokyo. 

On 5/3/2018 at 4:24 PM, Murieleirum said:

Heeeelp. 

You're going to Japan?! Congrats!

To study, travel or work/intern? Will you still make a sojorn to skate at Ice Rink Sendai?

Also, good luck at Saitama! Considering you've already volunteered at Milan, maybe it'll be easier than versus first time volunteers!  Plus, you speak multiple languages!

39 minutes ago, Xen said:

You're going to Japan?! Congrats!

To study, travel or work/intern? Will you still make a sojorn to skate at Ice Rink Sendai?

Also, good luck at Saitama! Considering you've already volunteered at Milan, maybe it'll be easier than versus first time volunteers!  Plus, you speak multiple languages!

As soon as I get my first paycheck, I'm going to try and start organising things concretely (buying the plane ticket, contacting potential hosts). Right now, the only thing I'm sure of is that I *have* to go, not only for Worlds 2019 but because my Japanese needs practice, and I want to throw myself in the jungle. 

I think I will go there to work/volunteer at one of those programs who give you a place to sleep and give you food, and in exchange you work for them part-time. There are various places and types of work, so really there is a lot of different volunteer work to choose from (it's called WWOOF and you can do it worldwide). Mostly it's organic, bio farms, but also restaurants and such. Usually hosts don't demand that you perfectly know the language, or that you are a professional, considering that it's volunteering. It's one of those experiences I've always wanted to do, and it's only *casual* that I've decided to make it fit with my plans to go to Saitama and see my third World Championships. 

If I have a day off, and I can afford it, I would love to do a day trip to Sendai c: I've seen videos of people saying that it's the most beautiful cities they've ever seen. 

I'm not sure how long I want to stay outside - anything more than one month, but less than two months would be cool. I still have uni stuff to do, but if I manage to finish this year's exams in September, and maybe do a couple of second year exams next winter session in december, there will be nothing holding me back from going and doing the trip of my life. I already feel excited about it. 

I've decided since I've checked on plane cheap prices to Saitama and saw that you can actually get away with 750 euros for a 30 hours long flight, so my usual flight time xDDD 

Random but I saw a Brian Orser lookalike in my skating lesson yesterday. It was such an uncanny resemblance that I spent a lot of time flat out staring :13877886: Everything from his haircut to his build looked like Brian. Definitely  wasn't the real deal though because there's no reason for Brian to be in Australia at a random ice rink :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

18 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

My mom is warning me how I look very much like falling in love when I watch him :13877886::tumblr_inline_np9uqfRAN81qid2nw_75sq::14066882:

It's no use warning mom...

Ao3Vg_f-maxage-0.gif

:consoling2:

At least there are no pictures online where you can be seen longingly looking at him

:13877886:

My life is a mess...

Trying to study but a weekend of FS coaching speculations -> more FS news on Monday -> definitely a twitter explosion Tuesday -> but need to study cause finals is on Wednesday -> then CiONTU broadcast until Sunday -> you'd expect everything to be over then I'm not stupid I know the CiONTU aftermath will have lots of fluff so that will last a whole 2 weeks -> but my last final exam is on the upcoming Tuesday -> which leads to studying struggles -> hence me possibly failing *dramatic* -> making me feel I need to take a break from twitter and the planet -> but again, I'm not stupid and I know that aint happening cause I got not self control so here's me predicting my cold/hard/sleepless future when I know the easy way is just to take a break for a while....

:squishedPooh:

It is the first properly warm day - sitting in a deckchair watching the blossom drift slowly off next doors cherry tree, listening to Debussy.

For most of my 20s I got very down every May - eventually stopped when I was 30 or so - result of many years of spring meaning increasingly harder and more important exams and revision.  I feel for those of you still stuck with that - all I can say is that it will eventually pass.

https://imgur.com/a/fNRgnGM

On 5/2/2018 at 3:30 AM, Hydroblade said:

Sad life of a fanyu, you can't even go and buy makeup without bumping into something reminiscent of the Overlord Trollzuru

...or even walk down the street!  There's a Golden Swan Garden in New York, and I walked past it right before the Olympics and couldn't help but see it as a good sign.  Our swan is very golden indeed.  :embSwan: 

image1.jpg

🤧😭 so much for my afternoons in the garden this unusually beautiful bank holiday - pollen count has soared, the neighbours have all mowed their lawns and I’m inside streaming....

Small rant that ends in appreciating note for this magical place:

Recently I've been struggling with some illness relapse, and that plus the fact that I began a new work that occupies me 6 days out of 7 made me super stressed, isolated from my irl friends, my uni studies, and so on. I'm working hard to try and live through this period without being too controlling on myself, trying to reach out to people and taking care of my body, and this place has been a magical island of distractions, laughs, kind people and genuine interest for the wonderful thing that is figure skating, and the wonderful person that is Yuzuru Hanyu. Every time I think I can't pull through, I think about the fact that he did, he went through so much and won over himself, and I will do the same. 絶対に勝ってやる!