The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

Found a list of all the nominees

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620737wpp/2023-mama-awards-announces-nominees-pre-voting-begins

I can't remember if this is an award that's largely dependent on votes or panel.

Hoping Army - and V stans especially - plays it smart. Throw support to V in the Best Vocal Performance Solo, to Jungkook for Best Male Artist (since he's most likely to win of the 3), to Jimin for Best Dance Performance male solo (to divide up the awards and he's a stronger dancer). I know V stans are feeling like victims because V's album "only" did the 2nd best out of the group ( I know Jimin's singles charted higher but Layover had more sales and streams than Face)

I think @ralucutzagyis right that Seven will probably take "Song of the Year" but I guess BTS can win as a group for "Take Two" in Best Vocal Performance Group. I don't recognize the other nominees in that category so it seems like a strong possibility. And The Planet can take Best OST. Weird - Jisoo's in Worldwide Fan Choice but not Jungkook or Jimin - I guess that makes it easier for the fandom to unite

Seven will probably get Best Collab

ETA: I guess this isn't a full list. Album of the year isn't on here. Not sure what else.

ETA 2: 

4 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I'm disappointed but not surprised that RM got shut out. I guess he's not a strong enough vocalist to be put into a lot of the other categories and Indigo isn't really rap or hip hop, but still. I wish he got a Best collab nom at least. 

I'm thinking Suga will take this  because he's more popular

From what I can gather, a big part of the MAMA nominations is sales numbers, and Indigo hasn't done the numbers. Weirdly, but still.

And I find it unbelievable that Haegum didn't get a nom for Best MV. It's a cinematic masterpiece

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yep, Army definitely needs to coordinate so that everyone gets one Daesang🙈

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

From what I can gather, a big part of the MAMA nominations is sales numbers, and Indigo hasn't done the numbers. Weirdly, but still.

And I find it unbelievable that Haegum didn't get a nom for Best MV. It's a cinematic masterpiece

Agree, don't get it.

Also don't understand why Ateez isn't nominated in any category other then Fan choice. They are in a similar range as TXT and Stray Kids, their last album was really successful (and thats not me saying it as a fan). But their little brothers (xikers), they debuted this year, are already nominated for group of the year🤔.....strange.

And: that Gravitys by Jongho isn't nominated as best Ost is also strange. The song was used as background in quite a lot of shows...

Just watched the MV for JK's new song - I like it with the exception of the CentralCee parts (most that I can barely understand).  Would have liked it a lot more if it was just the two singing.  If you want to buy it, this is advice.   Followed by three tweets about how to get the MAMA votes going -

It's ok. To me, it sounds more like a B side song. The hook isn't very strong and I don't get the appeal of Central Cee. To me, he is the weakest of the rappers that JK has worked. But JK's voice blends really well with Kid Laroi. I'm not a fan of the video - mostly because I just hate the ghetto aesthetic and Kid Laroi and Central Cee reminds me of those suburban kids trying to imitate gangsta rappers