The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

2 hours ago, Luminous said:

https://weverse.io/bts/notice/15307?hl=en

SUGA will be beginning his required service on September 22.

*sigh* 

:tumblr_inline_n2pjd2atId1qdlkyg:

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

:cry::cry::cry:

So JK can't be there to send him off?????? no way ... :curse:

Sept. 22 in Korea is Sept. 21 in NYC, so in theory he still could.

57 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

F6NLyoHXoAA17b8?format=webp&name=small

This most likely means that instead of doing his service as active duty (like Jin & Hoseok), he will do his service as non-active or "public service".

https://x.com/dalbitbangtan/status/1703288418845749423?s=20

Armys on X are speculating that Yoongi won't go on active service but public service! 

Some of the translation accounts are saying the original Korean says "alternative service".

I wonder if that's where Yoongi has been for the past little bit, getting his physical exam and waiting for the military to decide whether he's fit enough for active duty? 

53 minutes ago, barbara said:

He can leave the 22nd and still be in NYC on the 22nd.

cutting it close, but yes.

51 minutes ago, barbara said:

What does this mean for his time serving? Didn't we used to think that not having to do regular military meant longer time in....I am confused.

Edit: I don't understand why they think he isn't fit for regular service.  He had his shoulder surgery.  Did they not see his dancing in Busan?

The alternative service is longer - 21 months, according to Twitter ARMY.  So it sucks.

40 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Our new k-pup star:giggle: to bright our day!

F6NHGOQbMAALy5Z?format=webp&name=small

Allure magazine on debut of first kpup idol Kim Yeontan “The world's most famous dog, Yeontan, appears on a music show?

https://x.com/naver_taehyung/status/1703283562274083293?s=20

"K-pup idol"? I love it!

:cry::cry::cry:

So JK can't be there to send him off?????? no way ... :curse:

There will be no send of party to begin with :shrug:

There will not be any official events taking place on the day he starts his service or on the day he enters the training camp. 

He's just going to wake up, have breakfast and go to the office like a 9-5 job. I thought we all knew by now that he wouldn't do normal military service. He's had the surgery, but even so it leaves you with a weak shoulder. One thing is dancing and another thing is carrying a 20kg backpack for an entire night while running -- there is no way he's fit for active service.

On 9/16/2023 at 2:29 AM, barbara said:

Yeah - but what's up with these cancellations?  Does someone know another pandemic is on its way? Or are the management teams for these groups just dropping the ball?

On the website of kpop lux london is a statement that, to me at least, says nothing and all at once...so it just left me confused😅.

It sounds like the organization wasn't done probably and/or groups they planned with couldn't come and/or it was too pricy.....

On 9/16/2023 at 6:29 AM, barbara said:

Jin's message for September - it doesn't have subs on Weverse yet but it does on YouTube - and I had the weirdest thought watching it.  I half wonder if he shot this since he has been in the military.  He says he has no makeup on (and doesn't seem to) but I have this sneaky suspicion that he's wearing a wig.  They have great wigs at Hybe.  It still was shot a while ago, because Tae's hair says a lot.  JK doesn't poke his head in but that would have made it easier to nail down the time.

I don't know.  Maybe I'm being too suspicious...  thoughts?

Pretty sure it's all pre recorded, pre-military enlistment time. He said he wanted to present himself with different looks.

And he shouldn't use his precious free days from service to work.

20 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I have so much to catch up on. The last 3 weeks have been pure craziness for me and I just got back from a 4 day business trip in Stockholm :headdesk: I just want to sit on the sofa and be a potato now.

I feel you...are you done or still things to unpack/organize?

20 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

And I think the Purple Ribbon Project needs to make a come back, asap.

Agree....

18 hours ago, Luminous said:

People just need to stay home. What a crazy idea - stalking an idol at airport

And also agree!

F6NLyoHXoAA17b8?format=webp&name=small

This most likely means that instead of doing his service as active duty (like Jin & Hoseok), he will do his service as non-active or "public service".

https://x.com/dalbitbangtan/status/1703288418845749423?s=20

Armys on X are speculating that Yoongi won't go on active service but public service! 

The statement is worded differently from the others, so pretty sure alternate service it is (like we thought it might me).

And JK can still send him off with the others. Send him off in the morning, get on a flight early afternoon. But these round trips are kind of crazy😵💫

59 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

One thing is dancing and another thing is carrying a 20kg backpack for an entire night while running -- there is no way he's fit for active service.

At the time of his surgery, he said in one of his lives that the goal was to be able to be fully fit for service, and  he's been moving so freely since he recovered, that it was easy to assume he achieved that. I didn't even think of the backpack thing. Yoongi might be fit enough to carry a gun but he probably couldn't carry all the other stuff.

Jimin also had shoulder issues during the Love Yourself tour, according to what they showed in Break The Silence.  I wonder if he's also going to end up in alternative service because of that? 

Yoongi still has to do basic training - does that mean he shows up at a camp on Friday?  Snd I don't really have a clue what is meant by "civil service".  Does he get to live at home?  Does he show up at an office or post and head out for civil unrest or help when there is a disaster?  They can't use him for traffic or crowd control because he attracts his own crowd.

Time to read up on what is involved.

His hair looks great yet I fear, since he has to do basic training, it'll still be shaved off.  But maybe he can have some hair while he's serving.  Of course, I missed the love as I was asleep so couldn't say a proper goodbye. :weeping:

I don't like this at all.....

17 minutes ago, barbara said:

Yoongi still has to do basic training - does that mean he shows up at a camp on Friday?  Snd I don't really have a clue what is meant by "civil service".  Does he get to live at home?  Does he show up at an office or post and head out for civil unrest or help when there is a disaster?  They can't use him for traffic or crowd control because he attracts his own crowd.

Time to read up on what is involved.

His hair looks great yet I fear, since he has to do basic training, it'll still be shaved off.  But maybe he can have some hair while he's serving.  Of course, I missed the love as I was asleep so couldn't say a proper goodbye. :weeping:

I don't like this at all.....

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221213000640#:~:text=In the case,and subway stations. 

I don't think there are plans of sending him off to a training camp like Jin and Hobi. It wouldn't make sense since this is almost more like an office job rather than active physical work. His learnings would be based on theory, hence an event like the previous too would not make any sense. It will most likely be like when you start a new job. Report early at the office and go from there. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for the sons of important businessmen and politicians in Korea to basically falsify their information so that they could get a spot in alternative service rather than active duty. The thought of being locked up in one single place for at least 6 weeks would probably be one of the things they are trying to avoid.

27 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221213000640#:~:text=In the case,and subway stations. 

I don't think there are plans of sending him off to a training camp like Jin and Hobi. It wouldn't make sense since this is almost more like an office job rather than active physical work. His learnings would be based on theory, hence an event like the previous too would not make any sense. It will most likely be like when you start a new job. Report early at the office and go from there. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for the sons of important businessmen and politicians in Korea to basically falsify their information so that they could get a spot in alternative service rather than active duty. The thought of being locked up in one single place for at least 6 weeks would probably be one of the things they are trying to avoid.

But he does have to get 3 weeks of basic military training at some point, according to K-Army on Twitter. It just won't be right now.

Near as I can figure, the alternative service option is trested as a kind of military reserves/ public works labour supply  - they get similar training.

Turned my stomach to read that conscientious objectors who do alternative service are required to spend 3 years as prison guards. (As opposed to being jailed for 18 months for refusing to serve). SK might be a democracy in name but there's still plenty of traces of the pre-1980s military dictatorship thinking lurking there.

Anyway, the supplemental service covers a lot of ground- everything from municipal government clerks to public sanitation, subway station staff to caring for severly disabled kids in long term care, from what I can tell. It also includes the intelligence service. Just imagine Yoongi as a spy! 😄