General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

"17cm sounds like a lot but it's really just my hair isn't it?"

:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: If he didn't gain all 17cm extra he's only got like 3 more to go surely. He nearly jumped out of frame...

The Sunday station's jump diagram helped him huh :devilYuzu:. We really need to know whats he's secretly training :rofl:

3 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

People and their generosity in further fueling and stoking the already-out-of-control inferno within Hanyu's defiant spirit FTW. I really, really hope Hanyu sees all this talk for himself so he can use it as fodder to perform in a way where he could in the end rub it in lots of faces. 8D

Re : the bolded note about Yuzu not dressed Olympic gold with recycled programs

i think people said that because they are scared for their faves. Just my reasoning, they think with two powerful programs like that , the OLG is a given for Yuzu. To say that they belittle the most prestigious medal in the field ( however , in my own opinion, Olympic is just another big comp just like WC or GPF, e hem, now how do I make this text smaller so that nobody can read it). Can they really deny the level of difficulty, the beauty, the fierce competition when the best of the best (aka Yuzu ) deliver unquestionable performances cleanly?i don't think so

3 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Re : the bolded note about Yuzu not dressed Olympic gold with recycled programs

i think people said that because they are scared for their faves. Just my reasoning, they think with two powerful programs like that , the OLG is a given for Yuzu. To say that they belittle the most prestigious medal in the field ( however , in my own opinion, Olympic is just another big comp just like WC or GPF, e hem, now how do I make this text smaller so that nobody can read it). Can they really deny the level of difficulty, the beauty, the fierce competition when the best of the best (aka Yuzu ) deliver unquestionable performances cleanly?i don't think so

Given all the things that can go wrong - injury, illness - and having only two days every four years to prove yourself, I think winning other comps consistently is far more impressive than Olympic gold.  I wouldn't count Hanyu's Olympic performance anywhere near the top of his career, though I'm glad the kuyashii has fuelled him going towards 2018.

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Given all the things that can go wrong - injury, illness - and having only two days every four years to prove yourself, I think winning other comps consistently is far more impressive than Olympic gold.  I wouldn't count Hanyu's Olympic performance anywhere near the top of his career, though I'm glad the kuyashii has fuelled him going towards 2018.

Couldn't agree more.

Just now, Sombreuil said:

Couldn't agree more.

Thing is, though, because Yuzu cares so much he is guaranteed to give the performance of his life there, so I care very much about this particular Olympics, but only this Olympics (and maybe 2022 fingers crossed) and only for the amazing performance, not necessarily the medal.

Also, so suspicious of calling people who won medals as part of team events medalists without clarifying. >_>

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

(and maybe 2022 fingers crossed)

Monster Hanyu could bring up in interviews post Pyeongchang gold win "Oh, two Olympic golds were just the minimum for me - now that I am the absolute champion again, I definitely want a third Olympic gold to become the best ever for the next 30 years or so"

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Monster Hanyu could bring up in interviews post Pyeongchang gold win "Oh, two Olympic golds were just the minimum for me - now that I am the absolute champion again, I definitely want a third Olympic gold to become the best ever for the next 300 years or so"

Fixed it for you.

11 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:

How can he manage to look so cute falling down? Like this is a treat for my fans:smiley-love017: I remember, actually not really exactly when) , the time when I was learning ice skating, the first sensation of no balance when I first stepped on the ice, so scary, and after a month or so , I fell on my bottom the first time, it was so terrifying, it was a hard fall, that I quit right then.:sadPooh: (

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Monster Hanyu could bring up in interviews post Pyeongchang gold win "Oh, two Olympic golds were just the minimum for me - now that I am the absolute champion again, I definitely want a third Olympic gold to become the best ever for the next 30 years or so"

Ohh guyss I'm really trying really really hard not to get my hopes up too much re. the longevity of Yuzu's career and focus on the now and the current season but you guys are really not helping me here. Yuzu for 2022 OGM pls

4 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

How can he manage to look so cute falling down? Like this is a treat for my fans:smiley-love017: I remember, actually not really exactly when) , the time when I was learning ice skating, the first sensation of no balance when I first stepped on the ice, so scary, and after a month or so , I fell on my bottom the first time, it was so terrifying, it was a hard fall, that I quit right then.:sadPooh: 

I really want to try but I'm terrified of busting my already busted joints in a fall. Can't they make ice out of special marshmallow fluff that's like that thing with water and cornstarch but opposite. I double dare you to make sense out of anything i just said!

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

Guys, we have jinxed the hell out of this Olympics. How are we all going to cope when he doesn't win because of us?

Well you can't really call it jinxing when Yuzu is being so extremely amazing and confident these past few days, he's basically inviting all this talk. If anyone jinxed him, he did it himself a long time ago :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: