General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Quick! Don't cry just think:

Which is your favourite SEIMEI ending face?

Super happy NHK with arm punch and bonus squiggy "I'm #1!" finger to the camera 

OR

Sneery side-eyes GPF face of "Beat that, humans!"

Choose wisely, my friend. The wrong answer will see you tossed on the ice with all the other Poohs. :hachimaki:

haha, that's a hard one :acceptable: ... you know, I don't think I can choose.... I will just take both bc both are epic ... first was Yuzu unable to realize what he's just achieved and second was Yuzu I want to see at 2018 Olympics, aware that his performance was the best ever and that he won again ... is my answer good enough ... if not I'm okay with going to the ice with the rest of the Poohs ... :xD:

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

haha, that's a hard one :acceptable: ... you know, I don't think I can choose.... I will just take both bc both are epic ... first was Yuzu unable to realize what he's just achieved and second was Yuzu I want to see at 2018 Olympics, aware that his performance was the best ever and that he won again ... is my answer good enough ... if not I'm okay with going to the ice with the rest of the Poohs ... :xD:

I asked you a question I can't answer myself but I'm safe because I've just become Pooh, Lord of the Boards! so I can look down upon you lesser, icy Poohs and laugh! :darklordyuzu: 

More translations - to this video.

NTV Sukkiri (Seimei Shrine special, 4T3T rippon, comments from Aya Kawai, FS commentator + Nagano ID representative)

8/10 8:00 (cr. yuzu_pino@twi)

04:21 - 
4T3T rippon \o/ (yuzu_pino@twi also clipped it out here)

04:29 - 
Hanyu visited Seimei Shrine on 6/04 and left an ema: “May I bring performances as I’d envisioned, and, may happiness come to everyone, through my performances. 2017.6.4. Hanyu Yuzuru” (04:29 in video)

04:30 - 
The production team visited Seimei Shrine on 8/09. According to Chief Priest Yamaguchi, Hanyu visited to give thanks as he had used Abe no Seimei as theme in his performances the season before the last, to express gratitude that he was able to do it. Thinking back, Yamaguchi thought he might already have held the thoughts of using the music of Seimei in his chest, and had come before the altar to report these thoughts to the gods. (04:30)

05:53 - 
When Hanyu visited two years ago in July, he had gone to see the portrait of Abe no Seimei (usually made open to the public once a year in September). Yamaguchi recounted that for around ten minutes, Hanyu was silently looking at the portrait, in seiza (kneeling with tops of feet flat on floor and sitting on the soles) with his back very straight, tauter than the usual. Seemed to have many thoughts. Yamaguchi thought perhaps Hanyu had at that point been practicing with the image of “Hanyu” and wondered if, seeing the portrait, that image had become something new. (05:53)

07:21 - 
Many fans came to wish for his health and a gold medal in Pyeongchang Olympics. The production team interviewed a (male) fan: “He is really amazing, isn’t he? I hadn’t watched much figure skating, but when I saw his performance, I began to find figure skating interesting. So I hope he’ll be in perfect condition in face of the Pyeongchang Olympics.” 

10:32 - 
Aya Kawai (Nagano Olympics Ice Dance representative, FS commentator): Because the sense of novelty is lost when music is reused, it makes it hard to impress the viewer. He got many 10s in his components two years ago, but there’s the possibility that 10s won’t come so easily. So in order to get 10s, he must put out an amazing performance, clearly superior to the last time.

11:07 - (Narrator/caption: About bringing 5 quads into the program this season)
Isn’t it exactly Hanyu’s figure skating that always evolves and goes beyond the current limits?

11:21 - (Narrator/caption: The evolution seen in the practice footage is…)
The opening Loop gives off such an increased sense of stability. It’s the newest quad to him and the most difficult. But for a second, I thought it was a triple––it looked that secure. It was such a good jump that, if I were a judge, I would want to give him all the GOEs.

12:10
Reporter at media day: What’s your goal at the Olympics?
Hanyu: First… first… I have to be chosen as Olympic representative…*laughs* I think *laughs more*

Reporter prompting: And beyond that?
Hanyu: Well. If I’m chosen as representative, the gold medal… of course I want to aim for it. *giggles* I [made the quote] difficult [for you] to use >”<

source

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

Seimei opening pose is so strong and in character ... but I take R&J1 op as my second best ... :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

Oh yes, it's too sweet and gorgeous. :embSwan: I can't even.

(Our good friend Enrique Coma recorded the GPF SEIMEI pose preparation and I've decided that once again I can't decide!)

33 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Which is your favourite SEIMEI ending face?

Super happy NHK with arm punch and bonus squiggy "I'm #1!" finger to the camera 

OR

Sneery side-eyes GPF face of "Beat that, humans!"

I'll take that sneery side eyes :10742290: the smug face saying "Let's see ya beat that! I'm the best" kills me everytime :20111123175639e73:

he also did the smug face after FS at worlds 2017 and I died whilst crying and shouting at the same time :dpooh: aah happy times