General Yuzuru Chat

31 minutes ago, Floria said:

Yes, please get Patrick too, to encourage him for 4F:rofl:

...well Patrick got inspired by just watching Nathen train...

My mental theater is acting like this again.

At ACI, Yuzuru still plays it cool, but secretly, he's been training to up the difficulty and stability of his 4Lz, since anything less than a GOE+2.5 (he conceeded to Brian on the +3 to be nicer to himself) would leave him kuyashii desu. So silently, the 4Lz laid in waiting, until Rostelcom cup where he faced a full-on-quad Nathan. Where upon not only did Yuzuru pull out the 4Lz, he felt stable enough to yolo his layout and pull out a 4Lz2T, changing his layout on the go. With a clean program, he stunned the world with a win against a 6 quad FS Nathan.

The commentators were stunned- especially the ones who decided that the season's wins would be decided by the number of quads. However, it was only the first in a string of odd victories. Shortly thereafter, Patrick Chan, another uncle skater, stunned the world by winning against a young quadster, Shoma Uno, by pulling out a clean 4F, a clean second half 4F3T combo, and a second half 4T3T and 4S. Not to be underestimated, against all doubters, Javier Fernandez next also takes a score against a quadster, with a clean 4 quad FS. The doubters were silenced, and everyone started rechecking their podium bets. The only quadster who had scored against an uncle was the elusive Boyang Jin, so under the radar, no radar detected him.

In December, much to everyone's surprise, Evgeni Plushenko decides that he will come out of r****ment (again) to represent Russia against the quadsters. And egged on by his rival, Alexei Yagudin even makes an attempt. In Japan, Nobunari Oda decided that he felt inspired by Yuzuru enough (plus he was receiving private training tips) to also come out of r****ment, since he had a 4T-L-3S anyways.

And so PC became the battle of the hardened Uncles against the stunned quadsters. What will be the results? We can only find out in February.

(Yes, some of this is fantasy, but I would like to see Yuzu win Rostelcom against a quadster, and much more...an all uncle podium would be seriously interesting and make people re-evaluate figure skating)

We still have today's training, btw. Maybe today he will attempt some Lutzes? :winky:

I'm siding with the team "taking out a 3A for another 4T is not very Hanyu like", especially because we heard it from him. Even if he were to add 4A, he would still like to keep two 3A. So, really, knowing now how good Yuzu is at keeping the real plans a secret, I really expect him to train his 4Lz and try to put it in the layout. This little devil! 

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

...well Patrick got inspired by just watching Nathen train...

My mental theater is acting like this again.

At ACI, Yuzuru still plays it cool, but secretly, he's been training to up the difficulty and stability of his 4Lz, since anything less than a GOE+2.5 (he conceeded to Brian on the +3 to be nicer to himself) would leave him kuyashii desu. So silently, the 4Lz laid in waiting, until Rostelcom cup where he faced a full-on-quad Nathan. Where upon not only did Yuzuru pull out the 4Lz, he felt stable enough to yolo his layout and pull out a 4Lz2T, changing his layout on the go. With a clean program, he stunned the world with a win against a 6 quad FS Nathan.

The commentators were stunned- especially the ones who decided that the season's wins would be decided by the number of quads. However, it was only the first in a string of odd victories. Shortly thereafter, Patrick Chan, another uncle skater, stunned the world by winning against a young quadster, Shoma Uno, by pulling out a clean 4F, a clean second half 4F3T combo, and a second half 4T3T and 4S. Not to be underestimated, against all doubters, Javier Fernandez next also takes a score against a quadster, with a clean 4 quad FS. The doubters were silenced, and everyone started rechecking their podium bets. The only quadster who had scored against an uncle was the elusive Boyang Jin, so under the radar, no radar detected him.

In December, much to everyone's surprise, Evgeni Plushenko decides that he will come out of r****ment (again) to represent Russia against the quadsters. And egged on by his rival, Alexei Yagudin even makes an attempt. In Japan, Nobunari Oda decided that he felt inspired by Yuzuru enough (plus he was receiving private training tips) to also come out of r****ment, since he had a 4T-L-3S anyways.

And so PC became the battle of the hardened Uncles against the stunned quadsters. What will be the results? We can only find out in February.

that gave me a good laugh. I love your mental theatre. 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

We still have today's training, btw. Maybe today he will attempt some Lutzes? :winky:

I'm siding with the team "taking out a 3A for another 4T is not very Hanyu like", especially because we heard it from him. Even if he were to add 4A, he would still like to keep two 3A. So, really, knowing now how good Yuzu is at keeping the real plans a secret, I really expect him to train his 4Lz and try to put it in the layout. This little devil! 

And honestly I feel like even if he doesn't put 4Lz yet, if by chance Cup of Russia goes to Nathan... We can expect the grand welcome of the 4Lz :knc_brian2::knc_tracy2:

Yuzu: You thought I wasn't prepared, well you thought wrong! :devilYuzu:

Also Yuzu: I can YOLO any jumps I want :mischief:

Pooh: All I can say there were many yolos happening during off season training at TCC so he's prepared. :dancingpooh:

50 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Does anyone have any of the videos on Google disk for a download possibility? 

:snonegai:

This is how I save mine:

Spoiler

Have you tried Telechargerunevideo? It's very nifty. Just copy and paste the video link to the url box. Get the download links. Choose what resolution you'd like. This is where the popup ad usually appears. Just close it and proceed to the Generate Download Links. It might take a while to convert. After that you'll be redirected to a Download link ready! page. Just click the download box. 

P.S. Locked YT videos don't work with the one above. Just install a Firefox addon called "Download Youtube Videos as MP4" by ialc.

Hope this helps. :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm with ya on the team :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: honestly, I wonder what media would say if he trains even just a couple of 4Lz in today's practice after releasing the layout with none yesterday.

full out troll zuzu! :mischief:

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

And honestly I feel like even if he doesn't put 4Lz yet, if by chance Cup of Russia goes to Nathan... We can expect the grand welcome of the 4Lz 

Oh yes, no doubt about that! He's gonna play with that layout allright.

Just now, freeyafanfan said:

I'm with ya on the team :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: honestly, I wonder what media would say if he trains even just a couple of 4Lz in today's practice after releasing the layout with none yesterday.

full out troll zuzu! :mischief:

Ahahah he would send most media in a panic! And would say something like "Oh, I just did it because it's fun to train Lutz and Flip! :kitty:"

2 hours ago, kamotejojo said:

News Every for anyone looking (from pino):

Hide contents

And new YzRIKO uploads (ETA: #8 news clip):

Hide contents

so bb actually fell two times in the news:xD:one of news has other people's jumps at the end...:crazyshit:

It is just "current image" + eye ball moves to right, I pray for 4lz:10636614:

hace 25 minutos , Murieleirum said:

Yes, please Yuzu, give us a new jump if we can't have new programs.:sign0009:

And I still wonder what DW is doing there. I need answers ASAP

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

Yes, please Yuzu, give us a new jump if we can't have new programs.:sign0009:

And I still wonder what DW is doing there. I need answers ASAP

perhaps adjusting the step sequence with shae-lynn? :shrug: or he is putting a new spin? nah right... I remember he talked to Nobu about practicing new spins during FaOI...

of all the cuts we get in the news only the step sequence music can't be found anywhere, the beginning and ending sounds the same as the 2015-2016 version, so if they really change a bit of the music I'm assuming the change is at the step sequence part? :smiley-happy085:

I've been very unproductive all day because I spent like 30 seconds looking in the News thread for FS annoucement (thank you so much! @robin), saw Seimei and rushed to work only to find I can't access the planet with the wifi in the office...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:So forgive me if I'm reiterating anyone cuz I haven't got time to track back the thread...

LONG POST ALERT...

I used to prefer warhorses to Seimei 2.0 but was gradually changing my mind when watching programs from DOI and hearing other skaters' annoucements. (Maybe I'm being a bad Chinese but it's just... I HATE Turandot...:13877886:) I've been thinking for a couple of days why people are OK with youngsters doing iconic programs from their seniors but can't help feeling disappointed with repeated programs. I get the "he's capable of much more but he's stuck to the past" kind of talk, but it doesn't make any sense if the expected "progress" can't make you win.

Recently I started to have an feeling that Yuzu's vision is beyond the figure skating world. Frustrated or not, people reacting now are all fs fans, but for those who watches only the Olympics, Seimei will definitely stand out.  I have a few friends who became interested because of Yuri on Ice, however they know of nobody except Yuzu. (not even Tatsuki, the real model.) Of course they can't distinguish jumps or spins or steps, they just have the impression one is good at skating because he doesn't fall. This made me develop a strange routine: I worried about Yuzu's falls because then I won't be able to convince my friends he's the best in the world...:13877886:I'm really happy he's aiming for consistency since now I finally got to understand what a good performance means to casual viewers, it makes you remembered by a whole lot more people than a small fandom of a not-so-popular sport, and he needs supporters, as many as possible.

I'm pretty chill about the layout since it basically matches what he said after WTT. Not a fan of the 4T-lo-3S, but it's more about love for the 3A (please, Yuzu, please). I'm on the 4lz-dependent-on-others'-layout team, after all, he's going against Nathan at Rostelcom, so the judging there will say a lot. Still hopeful it will debut this season though.

At last I just want to say I felt so emotional seeing him healthy and happy this morning... I read a lot of comments about him looking thinner in the 24h TV promotional video elsewhere, and that was not so long ago. I am so relieved today and again realized I just wanted to see him smile... so I guess I'm fine with whatever he decides.:text-line-smiley-049: