General Yuzuru Chat

Exclusive interview with The Asahi Shimbun (Final Part)

Spoiler

Q: You’re still in the planning stage, but what would you like to express (on this ice show)?

Y: If I say too much, it’d be a spoiler *laughs*

Q: (Please) just answer as far as you can tell.

Y: Now I’m in the process of creating a story, I’m still connecting the dots. I’ve got all kinds of thoughts, all kinds of stories that come to (my) mind, and I write them down, then I try to make them into actual stories. And, I try to insert them on my program. But in the process, I’m thinking again about how selfish I am. *laughs* But while I think that is who I am, I also think it will give everyone an opportunity to think that Hanyu Yuzuru is an ordinary human being. If (people) want to (see it that way,) Hanyu Yuzuru’s life can be summed up in a nicely way such as『Winning a competition after getting injured』*laughs*『Looking back on the past, things went pretty well. (People) tend to perceive it that way, but even people who appear to be successful go through lots of emotions and feelings, just like all of us. What should I say? Anyway, as I felt at the time of the earthquake, as I felt when I was practicing during the time Corona was spreading, I realized people cannot live alone. However, sometimes (people) end up being alone, and I'm sure there are times when I think it's better to be alone. But at such times if feeling that being alone is okay, (then) it is okay to be alone. (You) will see that (my) programs are there if (you) look inside (your) heart, and that (you will) never be alone. (So,) when (you) want to be alone, it’s okay to be alone. Also, when (you) feel like opening the door, the door to (your) heart, I’d like to deliver a gift that will make (you) think that it’s okay (to be alone) because my programs are there (for you.)

Q: The way to showcase the (ice) show is also very creative and it demands a lot of originality, doesn’t it? One person in such a large space.

Y: I’ve got a lot of images in my mind, but to be honest, there are people that I can trust more than anyone else when it comes to staging and direction of expressions. This time, I hope that my world will reach various spaces. Even if it’s just a bit, I would like to skate in such a way, not only within Hanyu Yuzuru, but also on the ice, around the ice, and in the hearts of the spectators.

Q: Thank you very much.

Y: Thank you so much.

source https://digital.asahi.com/sp/articles/ASQD84RWYQCKUTQP00C.html?ptoken=01GNWYQV0CY30PETE6VC7DKP8B

translation : @sweetyuzu 

49 minutes ago, ccy said:

Exclusive interview with The Asahi Shimbun (Final Part)

Hide contents

Q: You’re still in the planning stage, but what would you like to express (on this ice show)?

Y: If I say too much, it’d be a spoiler *laughs*

Q: (Please) just answer as far as you can tell.

Y: Now I’m in the process of creating a story, I’m still connecting the dots. I’ve got all kinds of thoughts, all kinds of stories that come to (my) mind, and I write them down, then I try to make them into actual stories. And, I try to insert them on my program. But in the process, I’m thinking again about how selfish I am. *laughs* But while I think that is who I am, I also think it will give everyone an opportunity to think that Hanyu Yuzuru is an ordinary human being. If (people) want to (see it that way,) Hanyu Yuzuru’s life can be summed up in a nicely way such as『Winning a competition after getting injured』*laughs*『Looking back on the past, things went pretty well. (People) tend to perceive it that way, but even people who appear to be successful go through lots of emotions and feelings, just like all of us. What should I say? Anyway,as I felt at the time of the earthquake, as I felt when I was practicing during the time Corona was spreading, I realized people cannot live alone. However, sometimes (people) end up being alone, and I'm sure there are times when I think it's better to be alone. But at such times if feeling that being alone is okay, (then) it is okay to be alone. (You) will see that (my) programs are there if (you) look inside (your) heart, and that (you will) never be alone. (So,) when (you) want to be alone, it’s okay to be alone. Also, when (you) feel like opening the door, the door to (your) heart, I’d like to deliver a gift that will make (you) think that it’s okay (to be alone) because my programs are there (for you.)I realized people cannot live alone. However, sometimes (people) end up being alone, and I'm sure there are times when I think it's better to be alone. But at such times if feeling that being alone is okay, (then) it is okay to be alone. (You) will see that (my) programs are there if (you) look inside (your) heart, and that (you will) never be alone. (So,) when (you) want to be alone, it’s okay to be alone. Also, when (you) feel like opening the door, the door to (your) heart, I’d like to deliver a gift that will make (you) think that it’s okay (to be alone) because my programs are there (for you.)I realized people cannot live alone. However, sometimes (people) end up being alone, and I'm sure there are times when I think it's better to be alone. But at such times if feeling that being alone is okay, (then) it is okay to be alone. (You) will see that (my) programs are there if (you) look inside (your) heart, and that (you will) never be alone. (So,) when (you) want to be alone, it’s okay to be alone. Also, when (you) feel like opening the door, the door to (your) heart, I’d like to deliver a gift that will make (you) think that it’s okay (to be alone) because my programs are there (for you.) (You) will see that (my) programs are there if (you) look inside (your) heart, and that (you will) never be alone. (So,) when (you) want to be alone, it’s okay to be alone. Also, when (you) feel like opening the door, the door to (your) heart, I’d like to deliver a gift that will make (you) think that it’s okay (to be alone) because my programs are there (for you.) (You) will see that (my) programs are there if (you) look inside (your) heart, and that (you will) never be alone. (So,) when (you) want to be alone, it’s okay to be alone. Also, when (you) feel like opening the door, the door to (your) heart, I’d like to deliver a gift that will make (you) think that it’s okay (to be alone) because my programs are there (for you.)

Q: The way to showcase the (ice) show is also very creative and it demands a lot of originality, doesn’t it? One person in such a large space.

Y: I’ve got a lot of images in my mind, but to be honest, there are people that I can trust more than anyone else when it comes to staging and direction of expressions. This time, I hope that my world will reach various spaces. Even if it’s just a bit, I would like to skate in such a way, not only within Hanyu Yuzuru, but also on the ice, around the ice, and in the hearts of the spectators.

Q: Thank you very much.

Y: Thank you so much.

source https://digital.asahi.com/sp/articles/ASQD84RWYQCKUTQP00C.html?ptoken=01GNWYQV0CY30PETE6VC7DKP8B

translation : @sweetyuzu 

"Even if it’s just a bit, I would like to skate in such a way, not only within Hanyu Yuzuru, but also on the ice, around the ice, and in the hearts of the spectators.":tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Here is also the last interview video

:68271262:

[NEWS]

@LiaRy Would it be possible if you could upload this again to our video section. Many thanks in advance.:smiley-angelic001:

1 hour ago, Anni said:

"Even if it’s just a bit, I would like to skate in such a way, not only within Hanyu Yuzuru, but also on the ice, around the ice, and in the hearts of the spectators.":tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Here is also the last interview video

:68271262:

[NEWS]

@LiaRy Would it be possible if you could upload this again to our video section. Many thanks in advance.:smiley-angelic001:

Hello! Already up

19 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Much has occurred during the past few months and many of Palace Hanyu's inhabitants have been incapacitated after the whirlwind of engagements.

Ahah I definitely felt this:laughing: and I'm not even a Palace inhabitant :P

so many things and do little time, thank you to all satellites who upload the broadcasts and all Yuzu snippets, or I would have missed so much (I still have to start the new year program😅) and how is it already time for the music talk special?:drama:

Gotta say I'm really looking forward to the chat with Kyozuka san, hopefully it won't be shamelessly cut like the talk with Uchimura (but we're getting the whole talk there too, so yay for us! Fuji plz stop inserting unrequited side dishes!🙏)

11 hours ago, Anni said:

News from Ajinomoto 

Flm3YxgagAQnaGJ?format=jpg&name=small

Source x

[NEWS]

Ok but why can he look this good with the plainest piece of clothing ever?

Anyway thanks to Yuzu's obsession with gyozas, I made gyozas for the first time (kinda, the shape was...um, rather creative:tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:), they were quite good for first try, I'm a proud satellite:tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:

3 hours ago, Anni said:

Shinya posted this :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

FlowFuiaEAAcauU?format=jpg&name=360x360

[NEWS]

OMG they're so precious:tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:

Btw, thank you for reorganizing the video section! who would have thought we'd be so flooded with Yuzu appearances despite 0 comps?:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Translation for the first teaser for Notte Stellata ;; u ;; Excited to see more about what it is. 

"The stars were beautiful. On the day of the disaster: the starry night sky on 3.11."

Caption: March 11, 2011. Within the complete darkness of the blackout...

"It was completely dark, so the stars were truly beautiful. The light of hope - that was the feeling."

Notte Stellata

This post has been tagged by Yuzu_legend as [NEWS].

"Today's #ClassicTV broadcast is!「#YuzuruHanyu, Figure Skating and Music.」
It was a very, very quick time 😌Mr. Hanyu is the same age as me. I've always wanted to hear him speak someday, so I was happy to see it happen sooner than I imagined ⛸️💎. It was a precious time to hear a lot of musical stories. Please check it out!" - deepL translation. 

edit: the recording was on his birthday??

5 hours ago, axelsandwich said:

Translation for the first teaser for Notte Stellata ;; u ;; Excited to see more about what it is. 

"The stars were beautiful. On the day of the disaster: the starry night sky on 3.11."

"It was completely dark, so the stars were truly beautiful. The light of hope - that was the feeling."

Starry Night

Thank you for the translation. I'm really curious about more details.🤔0:)

The Yuzu effect :wink_star:

[NEWS]

4 hours ago, axelsandwich said:

Notte Stellata

Thanks for the translation! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Is it too soon to start speculation? :hihi: