General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Maybe that will be our next viewing of Pro Athlete Yuzu - on a catwalk. 

Tokyo fashion week has just finished, Yuzu could have really lit up the runway

London fashion week is 18-22 Sept, so not too late for a UK appearance

:kitty:Neko on a Catwalk :clapclap4:

Now I'm thinking about a fashion show on ice! Imagine how absolutely amazing it would be for Yuzu to present haute couture pieces on his beloved Ice-chan! That would also give fashion designers a new, innovative, and dynamic way of presenting their creations. :dancingpooh:

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Are we sure Yuzuru is only the god of figure skating??

Yuzu is obviously also the god of fashion, as he has shown repeatedly with his gorgeous costumes over the years. :2lbkos0:

1 hour ago, Anni said:

The photoshooting was last week in Sendai. Here the post from RedChan_official (staff) on weibo (translation left)

[NEWS]

Am I the absolute minority that couldn't enjoy the work of Mika Ninagawa....? Both shoots from 2018 and 2022 making me chill in an awkward way.. :)  But I do hope they can continue the cooperation so that I can see more drama versions of Yuzu!

27 minutes ago, YuDai said:

What is this? :confused:

Hmm.

Compilation of interview snippets from this year and as always lovely to see Yuzu, with English subtitles a big bonus for many fans.

Forgive my cynicism, it does rather seem that someone is trying to maintain relevance for themselves, by hitching their wagon to someone else's star, so to speak.

This is ironic because didn't Mr Ito stated that Japan should not rely on one star and should instead be building a legacy of many top level skaters, or words to that effect.

It is galling to think that during Yuzu's competitive career some people in the skating community tried continuously to down play the astonishing contributions made by Yuzu. Perhaps people realise now, how much Yuzu gave, how much publicity, interest and funding Yuzu generated to help the various organisations.

These people, they did not choose wisely.

However, JOC were supportive to Yuzu in the past, perhaps they want to celebrate Yuzu's legacy

7 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Another explanation of Yuima Nakazato's haute couture collection here↓

ETA: I thought the arm ruffles were made by the photobook wardrobe team or something (i.e. something made apart from the hc garment itself), but it looks like it was also made by the creator😲 😲

:wave: ALL fanyus, I found an article on Yuima Nakazoto on Paris fashion week and the YT starts at : 4:30 p.m.? and the atmosphere is quite special for a haute couture fashion show and to "love" this genre, everyone has their own tastes (and in haute couture, I don't know anything about it and don't wear it  :shrug: )

https://www.dn-mag.com/news/20220705-yuima-nakazato-autumn-winter-2022-23-haute-couture-show/   and it's clear that Yuzu can very easily wear a high fashion approach as in the AERA photo and he does not choose what he wears too 

2 hours ago, Anabel said:

At first I didn't like it, but then I started to wonder what those sleeves would look like in motion... I hope there will be a video report about the shot :tumblr_inline_mzx8txTRzl1r8msi5:

There is a photographer who I think is based in Thailand. He takes beautiful photos of Siamese fighting fish. The relevance I hear you query?

These fish have incredible long tails which resemble draped silks and the fish appear in many gorgeous colours. As the fishes swim through the water the tails billow and swirl in a very aesthetic manner.

I could easily imagine the sleeves making similar dramatic movement when Yuzu moves his arms expressively. The full effect of the sleeve is probably best seen in a dynamic setting. 

As most fashion concepts are very much exaggerated, it is up to the buyers for various fashion brands to 'buy' the design concept and then adapt the clothing lines to be more appealing and suitable for wear in more mundane settings.

For example: The white pleated tunic with the blue design, alter the sleeves to have a layered ruffle trim or just various blue toned stitching around the cuff. Then the garment retains the concept but is more wearable.