General Yuzuru Chat

There are 3 recognised take off techniques for Axel jumps with a nice little demo video to accompany this.

The twitter thread  points out how clean the ice marks are for Yuzu's 3A, referencing Yuzu's second video on the Hanyu Yuzuru channel. Axel a la Yuzu is take off 1 = super clean Axel, one of Yuzu's signature jumps. Yuzu was instructed by Tzusuki sensei that the Axel is the King of jumps. If Yuzu's 3A has >90% success rate throughout his senior competitive career, in my humble view, surely this equates to Yuzu being the King of Axel Jumping.:free-random-smileys-830:

1 hour ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Eh YES  :clapclap4:  :wink_star: and here he is again in his sharepractice with subtitles and we feel very well that he is out of breath and makes you laugh too..... 

I think this video is from a fake account re-uploading Yuzu's videos without his permission. Personally I don't like people re-uploading Yuzuru's videos without permissions so I will report it. 

18 minutes ago, JanMary said:

I think this video is from a fake account re-uploading Yuzu's videos without his permission. Personally, I don't like people uploading Yuzuru's videos without permission, so I'll report it. 

Oupppsss and  :sorry2: and didn't see and didn't pay attention that it's "fake Yuzu account" and do what you have to do ..... and thought you did well by posting it 

Yuzu has mentioned that he is studying dance from videos, because his presence at a dance class might be disruptive.

The Ballet dancer Yamakai has made tributes to Yuzu, inspired by Yuzu's programmes - Rondo and Parisienne Walkways so far.

Imagine if the next SharePractice was a collaboration of Yuzu taking a dance lesson under the tutelage of Yamakai. They are both supremely talented, athletic and committed to the continued evolution of their respective performance pursuits, it would be really fun and also productive

When Yuzu starts a fan communication page and there is some provision for fan requests, this will be one of my suggestions. :nod2:

6 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Yuzu has mentioned that he is studying dance from videos, because his presence at a dance class might be disruptive.

The Ballet dancer Yamakai has made tributes to Yuzu, inspired by Yuzu's programmes - Rondo and Parisienne Walkways so far.

Imagine if the next SharePractice was a collaboration of Yuzu taking a dance lesson under the tutelage of Yamakai. They are both supremely talented, athletic and committed to the continued evolution of their respective performance pursuits, it would be really fun and also productive

When Yuzu starts a fan communication page and there is some provision for fan requests, this will be one of my suggestions. :nod2:

Yamakai's currently in the US right now. Perhaps when he's back in Japan for a visit they could collaborate or have a lesson, but I doubt it'll become a regular thing even if it does happen. I'm sure Yuzu could take private dance classes from other qualified individuals but I think vetting them would be the tougher part (as in, make sure they wouldn't leak anything about him, gossip about him, or use him for attention). Even things got out of TCC before. 

I'm eagerly waiting for Yuzu's next YT video. I think we'll be surprised by what it is - either another announcement or maybe a new program/practice, maybe more jumping on our faces...

My friends IRL even asked me what's happened since I don't talk about Yuzu anymore with them. The reason is because I now know that we'll see him soon(er than usual). And that I'll get a notification when there's new stuff from him. It feels surreal, truly. 

The SharePractice was awesome, but I'm in love with that second video with the jumps so close up. I would love to see more of those. Or even videos of "Figure skating for dummies" in which he explained the different elements and how to differentiate them (I still have problems with the jumps... I don't even try with the steps...)

11 minutes ago, Anabel said:

The SharePractice was awesome, but I'm in love with that second video with the jumps so close up. I would love to see more of those. Or even videos of "Figure skating for dummies" in which he explained the different elements and how to differentiate them (I still have problems with the jumps... I don't even try with the steps...)

Can you imagine 'Learn to Skate, with Yuzu" there will be lots of onamatopoeia for the jump techniques descriptions.

Yuzu will be saying "cross roll, one, two, twizzle, lean in then shuuu, pull your body around arms tight, arms out and pah, land, into spread eagle...."

Looks around at camera, smiles "Ok, again"

Everyone else, lying on the ice and either gazing at the ice or the ceiling.:dpooh::Poohgaveup:

23 minutes ago, Anabel said:

I also keep returning to the 2nd video. The SharePractice is amazing, too, of course - but it's quite long, so I can't really spare that much time daily to rewatch it in full (at least the on ice part). 

The 2nd video, on the other hand, is on my daily playlist.

22 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

The 2nd video, on the other hand, is on my daily playlist.

Mine too, but I keep returning to the SharePractice video and leaving it up on my other screen as I'm doing something else. The "on ice" parts make good ambient sounds. At least, I find it relaxing, especially at a lower volume than I'd usually watch a video at. :67638860:

1 minute ago, Elly said:

The "on ice" parts make good ambient sounds.

The best kind of background relaxing music that's not music. One of the things I was sad about in competitions is that we can't hear clearly the sounds the blades make on the ice not even when the skaters go closely by the camera.

Yuzu's videos will most likely have this sound quite clear - especially those that will feature practices.