General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

Second part- There is a folder for the video/prescons etc already 

I mean a further subfolder.

currently the subforlder is just "2022 media appearances", and is gonna have every non-competition non-summericeshows media appearance form January to december 2022.

but IMO there could be a dedicated "media appearances about Yuzuru announcing to go pro-athlete" subfoder too. I don't see such a folder yet? Am I missing somehting? I'm working on little sleeep here XD

So there are more shows later. Do we actually know if he appears in these or it’s just repackaged shows that are tributes to him? I was so sleepy when they sired the last show at 11:55pm JST, that was 1am my time and it only shared a few clips of Yuzu’s past Olys. I felt baited lol 

A grand total of 43 companies either sponsored (18 companies) or shooed their commercials (25 companies) in TV Asahi's special 2-hr Yuzu program yesterday :pudding:

Additionally, it seems Yuzu receives calls from corporations on a monthly basis. And some fellows have the GUTS to say he can't make money :sipping:

14 minutes ago, Skrimblo_iced said:

found this fancam of otonal, and he was smiling so brightly at the end! i don't think i've seen this expression on him after the skate ever since, correct me if im wrong...it's just been looks of determination etc. or the face of one who has consigned himself to failure

I would say he did look quite happy after the last JNats, though he was utterly exhausted as well:

(6:20 onwards)

3 hours ago, Melodie said:

I don't think he meant levelling off with the rest of the field but the way his scores got lower despite him getting better. Of course, this is just on the surface. I do believe there were factors behind the scene that led him to think this way as well.

PS: interesting he did not flat out state how wacked certain skaters' scores compared to what they put out on the ice. I'd be damned if that did not affect him.

I saw this tweet that I found informative. The chart shows how Yuzu's scores didn't go up in spite of performing more complex programs and he getting better and better. And as you say @Melodiewe don't know much of the politics of JSF, but for what I have read they have not been very subtle. Won't go deeper into that as it might be a topic more suitable for the Salt Mines

Right, so of Yuzu's known sponsors, the ones that have already announced they would continue to sponsor him are: ANA, KOSE, CITIZEN, Ajinomoto, Nishikawa, and Phiten.

The ones that have not said anything publicly yet are: Lotte, Towa Pharmaceutical, and P&G. 

I added the most recent translations of the interviews of Yuzu with Asahi TV and TV Tokyo, Of course, this are not exhaustive translation, but they help to keep us in the loop until we get the most important interviews and press conference translations from Axel with Wings.

Also, there is my folder where I have been saving subbed videos and written translations, as well as some press coverage in English. @Henni147, I some of the press coverage might be useful to update Yuzu's Wikipedia page (e.g. Yes, he is the GOAT) or give more references to support the milder statement that I know you had to use for several reasons.

I think it's a wonderful opportunity time for Yuzu and us to develop new interests outside of competitive figure skating as a whole. I found it cute that Yuzu was now into dancing and pop dance and I bet his interests in games and animal farm and such will have more time and space to be explored in deeper detail. I hope Yuzu finds even more interests outside of figure skating and has time to travel once Covid is over, eat whatever he wants and meet whom ever he wants and just have fun. Now that Yuzu is is gone from competition, I am also starting a new chapter in my life from a FS fan (I got into him when I was at school) to exploring new interests and fandom outside the FS community. Maybe I should also try animal farm like Yuzu? Lol

31 minutes ago, Newprogramsplease said:

I think it's a wonderful opportunity time for Yuzu and us to develop new interests outside of competitive figure skating as a whole. I found it cute that Yuzu was now into dancing and pop dance and I bet his interests in games and animal farm and such will have more time and space to be explored in deeper detail. I hope Yuzu finds even more interests outside of figure skating and has time to travel once Covid is over, eat whatever he wants and meet whom ever he wants and just have fun. Now that Yuzu is is gone from competition, I am also starting a new chapter in my life from a FS fan (I got into him when I was at school) to exploring new interests and fandom outside the FS community. Maybe I should also try animal farm like Yuzu? Lol

I agree. We’ll I’ve been mostly on a break from watching him when Covid started in 2020 since we couldn’t see much of him. But I think I also want to limit my time obsessing on Yuzu’s future, like it’s a mixture of excitement and sadness but I realize that’s not a healthy mindset. I’d like to fill in my time with other things while waiting for Yuzu’s next step. I’m planning to limit my social media usage once we get full translations of all his interviews, cry once last time (or maybe more lol) and then move on and do other stuff while waiting. 

36 minutes ago, shina07 said:

I agree. We’ll I’ve been mostly on a break from watching him when Covid started in 2020 since we couldn’t see much of him. But I think I also want to limit my time obsessing on Yuzu’s future, like it’s a mixture of excitement and sadness but I realize that’s not a healthy mindset. I’d like to fill in my time with other things while waiting for Yuzu’s next step. I’m planning to limit my social media usage once we get full translations of all his interviews, cry once last time (or maybe more lol) and then move on and do other stuff while waiting. 

Same! Like learning yoga (like how yuzu said he was getting into stretching exercises I want to become more flexible), learning Japanese, being more active outside and developing other interests besides competitive figure skating actually sounds so much more exciting now that I don't have any figure skating competitions to look forward to. It's a bright new chapter for everyone.