General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo

"I should cherish myself as much as all who cherish me" :crybaby:Yes, finally <3 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Hi all, so I was really busy the other day and just had time to watch Yuzu’s 719 presscon. I cried when I saw the news that day but feel healed after watching his interviews. Pro Athlete. New concept ice shows. I’m really looking forward to his next stage. Yuzu has been and will always be an outlier. So the word “retire” doesn’t fit in his case. I prefer words like“change” or “evolve” or “grow.” I love Yuzu’s skating and surely I will see him skate more and better in days to come. So I don’t think I have lost anything. 🤩 BTW I think if Yuzu were to compete next WC in Japan’s Saitama, JSF wouldn’t let him win gold. So now is the good time to make such decision. I fully support him! New programs and costumes! Black UA and Pooh-San! Here we go!🤩

(Of course I’ll never forget what he has been through these years, how JSF and ISU have been tramping on his pride and ideal. I mourn for the sport.)

5 hours ago, Muffinator said:

Yuzu went to the JSF and JOC, but I didn't see that he went to the ISU. Interesting. I can't blame him. He is amazing to reach out to any of them.

ISU office in Switzerland, not in Japan.  Also, he represented Japan in international competitions,  so it would make sense for him to thank his own federation and the national olympic committee.  

I found this tweet (in Japanese) which very precisely articulates what I, and many of us on the Planet, have felt about the ISU judging system over the last quad, especially since GPF 2019.  It's a long thread but worth translating. I will try to do so later unless someone else beats me to it.  I'm afraid Google translate does not work well here - it's ends up with word mash that makes no sense at all.  

@Umebachi Yeah, that was a pretty stupid post I wrote. I plead temporary insanity. I really should have said something like "contacted the ISU" not "went to the ISU." Of course, it would be difficult to know if he did contact the ISU.

Thanks for the information you posted! I am somewhat aware of the ISU judging problems, and founded the letter campaign called ICE, International Correspondence Event, with Anabel and several others. We have a thread under General Chat called "ISU Letter Action" where we developed this campaign if you care to look. There hasn't been much action on there lately, because we formed a core group of six people, including three figure skating and technology experts, who are using private chat to write the letter and build the website. We are working behind the scenes. However, since the announcement, we are taking time to decide whether we want to continue the campaign. We will decide on Sunday or Monday.

6 hours ago, Newprogramsplease said:

Alot of Fanyus said they will leave the sport once Yuzu retires, and I think I will too. I don't care who wins Worlds or GPF in men's anymore now that Yuzu is gone. My passion for men's figure skating died when Yuzu retired.. 

I am a fan of Yuzuru Hanyu, but not particularly a fan of figure skating, so agree with you that I have absolutely no interest in following figure skating devoid of Yuzu. I will continue to follow and support Yuzu in whatever he chooses to do and hope that the Planet will do so as well.

For all Beijing fanyus, I thought what this fan shared was really sweet, a very romantic, complex way of looking into this journey:

I know this doesn’t completely manage to trump what many are going through, especially the fans who have feelings of regret for not meeting / knowing Yuzu sooner. But may this baby cfanyu feelings also reach you, you are all now fans since the very beginning. So many new memories are about to be created! 

Let’s all continue to share in this journey 

55 minutes ago, Muffinator said:

@Umebachi Yeah, that was a pretty stupid post I wrote. I plead temporary insanity. I really should have said something like "contacted the ISU" not "went to the ISU." Of course, it would be difficult to know if he did contact the ISU.

Yuzu is supposed to inform JSF(his national federation/country's federation). Then JSF will in turn inform ISU(the International Federation).

It's the standard procedure for athletes in sports, the other sports  it's same procedure.

Just slight difference is athlete inform national federation, national federation inform national Olympic committee (JOC in Japan's case).

Everything goes through the national federation.