General Yuzuru Chat

https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/news/news-fsk/14178-leaving-a-legacy-yuzuru-hanyu-retires-from-competing?templateParam=15

ISU have posted an article about Yuzu. Summary for those who prefer not to visit ISU site

They have actually had the good grace/sense to include his long list of achievements: medals and record scores, the article is very complimentary, as it should be. Included are some snippets from the press con and some nice photos and some background Bio, which satellites know very well

What folly to write lovely truths about the Emperor now rather than having shown appreciation when he was an active competitor

With regards to the Grand Prix - Event 4 still TBA and Entries: coming soon

( I didn't snigger, promise )

33 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/news/news-fsk/14178-leaving-a-legacy-yuzuru-hanyu-retires-from-competing?templateParam=15

ISU have posted an article about Yuzu. Summary for those who prefer not to visit ISU site

They have actually had the good grace/sense to include his long list of achievements: medals and record scores, the article is very complimentary, as it should be. Included are some snippets from the press con and some nice photos and some background Bio, which satellites know very well

What folly to write lovely truths about the Emperor now rather than having shown appreciation when he was an active competitor

With regards to the Grand Prix - Event 4 still TBA and Entries: coming soon

( I didn't snigger, promise )

looks like Sheffield may have run off after the clash in venue. Good for them 

2 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I concur with the hypothesis that Yuzu might return to competition, but for now let's just settle in the new situation and wait and see what he's going to announce next :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

It happens alot in other sports. Michael Phelps retired after London but then unretired for Rio one last time. The legends do unretire but only once, and then they leave the sport for good. I think Yuzu might do WTT and Japan Open, but I doubt he will return for singles. I can't imagine Yuzu coming back after all this sensational retirement buzz. 

To me I feel like it seems final. This wasn’t an overnight decision and one that he has been mulling over and over. But with Yuzu, we just never know. Still, I’d like to find acceptance and be excited about his plans. His big sponsors are still with him, his legal team was made known and there seems to be some sort of new Yuzuru Hanyu branding? There’s big things about to happen. This man surely knows how to keep us all on our toes. 

27 minutes ago, Newprogramsplease said:

It happens alot in other sports. Michael Phelps retired after London but then unretired for Rio one last time. The legends do unretire but only once, and then they leave the sport for good. I think Yuzu might do WTT and Japan Open, but I doubt he will return for singles. I can't imagine Yuzu coming back after all this sensational retirement buzz. 

to be honest, i can't help but i want to see CIONTU very soon. Like on February or March or April? I wish it is April since it's my birthday month lol

Edit: Last time when Yuzu confirmed to join FAOI, it was right after my birthday, i felt so blessed to had a nice birthday present lol