General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, hamaguri said:

I have been away from skating world and yuzu for the past months.  And back to here finally!  So exciting.:knc_yuzu2:

I also want to know the detail of his announcement.  Is the day of it already decided?

About his LP... you see the respectively high possibility of Seimei 2? 

LP or EX will be SEIMEI or I'll eat my hat.

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Height talk! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: I am now firmly in the 172-173 cm camp (well, I already was before since I trust Keiji not to lie unlike Javi /cough cough/). CJH is listed as 174cm and we can already see in their interactions during GPF'16 that he was slightly taller than Yuzu. Vincent is listed as 168cm so he either had a growth spurt :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: or is wearing skates+guards because he definitely looks taller than Yuzu in that pic. Drew Meekins is listed as 178cm... so... 172-173 cms it is! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp: By the way,  I seriously blame Javi for all the confusion in Yuzu's height over the years! :14289753:

If 172 is real, I highly believe the idea that God manipulated his height for olympics...:facepalm: and it is sad about Javi's real height LOL When was the last time we see Javi was taller than Yuzu? just went to check CJH's hug with Yuzu in GPF 16.:smiley-love017: 

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Height talk! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: I am now firmly in the 172-173 cm camp (well, I already was before since I trust Keiji not to lie unlike Javi /cough cough/). CJH is listed as 174cm and we can already see in their interactions during GPF'16 that he was slightly taller than Yuzu. Vincent is listed as 168cm so he either had a growth spurt :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: or is wearing skates+guards because he definitely looks taller than Yuzu in that pic. Drew Meekins is listed as 178cm... so... 172-173 cms it is! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp: By the way,  I seriously blame Javi for all the confusion in Yuzu's height over the years! :14289753:

Did another round of checking. If 172 is true and 171 was true, then Javi is at most 171:facepalm: Now I start questioning Patrick's height...give up now...:sleep-034: (Seimei Yuzu is definitely 175. I love how he set his hair.:13877886:

9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

A Seimei themed EX would literally kill me. Oh God yes. 

Then he'd been playing with us the whole off season only to show seimei 2.0 ex. GOSH! :knc_tracy2:

But then the possibility of his FS could be R&J 3.0, POTO 2.0.... :mischief:

I am torn about the possibility of his bringing back seimei. On one hand, I worry it would be viewed super unfavourably for him to recycle two programs from a recent season, and it may be held against him and possibly be used to Yuna him. But on the other hand, it's totally understandable why he would and it's a great program that i feel still has potential, even in the transition choreography, to be built upon and improved considering, considering how complex hope and legacy was. I mean, Chopin is coming back for a third round and we haven't seen the finished product but it already has added touches that elevate it from the hand gestures in the spins to the ina bauer moment in the step sequence... after seeing the H&L at Worlds I watched the NHK/GPF seimei again and it is astonishing how much he increased the complexity of his programs in such a short space of time on the back of a foot injury??? imagine Seimei with an upgraded jump layout and a smattering of extra touches in the transitions (tho tbh he doesn't need much added there) step sequence (cuz you know he's gonna still be salty about the level 3s) and maybe the choreographic sequence or some added flare to the spins?? Not even if he took it to the kind of complexity H&L had just smoothing it out so it flowed even more seamlessly from element to element...the confidence and comfort the program could give him plus any additional touches that would just be there because he has grown a lot as a skater over the past season... gosh. especially finishing last season injury free with improved physical condition and a keener interest in avoiding injury and getting fitter. That program with him at his best ever fitness? um yes please.

I do kind of hope for new music but I would be unhappy with seimei 2.0

I would maybe worry that, especially if he did skate 2 clean programs at olympics which I really, really want for him, he'd maybe feel like that's it - the best he can produce, he can't surpass it in competitions. and that would be tragic because I personally do think he does have more to give because...he's sorta reaching his peak and isn't close to a decline yet imo. I'd love to see him for 2 more seasons or so experimenting with different styles, maybe taking Chiddy's post-Sochi attitude of wanting to compete for personal satisfaction/a good performance and not really focusing much of winning titles (though....Yuzu...is a dragon and likes his gold)

4 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

On one hand, I worry it would be viewed super unfavourably for him to recycle two programs from a recent season, and it may be held against him and possibly be used to Yuna him. 

I'd love to see him for 2 more seasons or so experimenting with different styles, maybe taking Chiddy's post-Sochi attitude of wanting to compete for personal satisfaction/a good performance and not really focusing much of winning titles (though....Yuzu...is a dragon and likes his gold)

A different cut should be fine? We need 4Lz, "yuna him" makes me so scared.

Olympic season might not be a good time to experiment and Pyeongchang gold is a major goal. I think gold is as important as two clean performances. Want to see different styles next season though.:snonegai:Yuzu pls stay.

Just now, SSS said:

A different cut should be fine? We need 4Lz, "yuna him" makes me so scared.

Olympic season might not be a good time to experiment and Pyeongchang gold is a major goal. I think gold is as important as two clean performances. Want to see different styles next season though.:snonegai:Yuzu pls stay.

oh definitely olympics is not the time to break out of...whatever his comfort zone is. I can only hope he does see value in hanging around for a while after the olympics...

seimei 2.0 with or without different music cuts is going to be incredible, no doubt, but I worry :/ but anything I worry about is something Yuzu and his team have definitely considered and come up with some kind of solution 

2 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

oh definitely olympics is not the time to break out of...whatever his comfort zone is. I can only hope he does see value in hanging around for a while after the olympics...

seimei 2.0 with or without different music cuts is going to be incredible, no doubt, but I worry :/ but anything I worry about is something Yuzu and his team have definitely considered and come up with some kind of solution 

Yuzu should be fine.:POOH:

If judge system is not "friendly", I wish him to leave after olympics asap...I understand, I worry too.:runaway:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

At this point we should just be excited for his new Ex program.... I wonder what it'll be :mischief:

But if I remember correctly, he turned his meaningful old programs into Exhibitions the last olympic season instead of having one new one? I feel like this might be something he would do this season too...unless he really brings back seimei, then he will might have something new to balance out..

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Eeeh! Too many pics to wake up to!

He's simply adorable in the first one, really, time does not affect him. I wonder if he gets told by people. 

And the haircut got me laughing like... yesterday people were commenting here on his hair and telling him they were flat and casual and he needed a haircut... and today!

Now I have a mental image of mama Hanyu lurking through this thread and reading our comments, and then the morning after being like:

Mama: Yuzu, time for a haircut.

Yuzu: Already? But the bangs aren't growing over my eyes yet.

Mama: The Planet demands it.

Yuzu: ...???

Yuzu: ...Okay, then mushroom. 

The power of the Planet is growing, first we get the cat Yuzu, then the Niigata broadcast, finally we get to control the length of Yuzu's hair lol :smiley-laughing021::rofl:

45 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I'd love to see him for 2 more seasons or so experimenting with different styles, maybe taking Chiddy's post-Sochi attitude of wanting to compete for personal satisfaction/a good performance and not really focusing much of winning titles (though....Yuzu...is a dragon and likes his gold)

He wants 4A - in competition - and he can't get it this season. Also, if H&L was nowhere near his ideal skate, as he said, I don't think he'll r**** before he has it and it won't happen in a season where he has to be a bit more reserved, I think.

(So help me, Yuzu, I will have so many hats to eat if you quit.)

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

He wants 4A - in competition - and he can't get it this season. Also, if H&L was nowhere near his ideal skate, as he said, I don't think he'll r**** before has it and it won't happen in a season where he has to be a bit more reserved, I think.

(So help me, Yuzu, I will have so many hats to eat if you quit.)

oh his recent talk of feeling very motivated and enjoying skating along with his smarter attitude towards his health has me extremely hopeful for the future but with hope comes fear lol

1 minute ago, CupidsBow said:

oh his recent talk of feeling very motivated and enjoying skating along with his smarter attitude towards his health has me extremely hopeful for the future but with hope comes fear lol

Well, I'm not so convinced that he'll stick around to not be selling everything I own to attend as many competitions this season as I can. I also need money for those hats I might be eating. (Is it cheating if they're made of nachos?)