General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Ulrinis said:

Hm ... I listened to the video twice but didn't hear him say that Yuzu didn't complete the 4A. At least not in the clip above. Maybe it was only a typo? He said in the beginning that, unfortunately, the 4S didn't happen/work (не получился) in Yuzu's SP this time but Yuzu wanted to show us the beautiful skating he is capable of. (Roughly summarized.) I haven't scrolled to the last page here, so this might already have been discussed meanwhile. In this case: Sorry for the repetition!

I watched the video again. I can also hear him say Salchow. But it says 4A in the Chinese subs. I think the OP translated from the Chinese subs. That's what sometimes happens when you translate from one language to another to another. :grin:

But Plush's message of support for Yuzu comes through. :2thumbsup:

@tsubasanoyume There was in season 2019-2020 while skating in Russia preparing for a show (to do with Rostelecom Perhaps?) where Yuzuru and Alina Sagitova and perhaps also that Polish skater..I'm trying to find the memory clearly, they were asked to speak a message into camera-video..I think you should see that one. I'm sorry, I don't know how to direct you to that video, it must be somewhere on youtube. In my memory it goes like this:

He says 'hello and so, we are doing fine here' and looks into the camera and says: "Please do your homework. We HERE (he and all the other skaters) are ALSO doing our best. Hope to see you soon (again).. ". And he puts his thumb up saying: "So, Good Luck"!   Then he starts to wave and giggling a bit and the one with the camera is skating backwards distancing again.

You will be fine ok? I'm sharing love from him to you, from my heart, please

3 hours ago, Yuzuismyoneandonly said:

.😭😭😭

😭  

also as an aside, not sure if this was mentioned, but during the flower ceremony lol that was such an awkward podium with the three winners vs in 2018 when yuzuru was 1st and everybody looked a lot more tight and friendly (not sure if this was due to pandemic related rules, but I also noticed in the winners lounge the second and third place winners didn’t really know what to say to nc lmao) wishful thinking me was thinking “haha they know who the true king here is and it ain’t nc”

On this point ,  I think it'd mainly cos Shoma & Yuma speak very little English. Shoma somewhat improved his English ever since he went to train under Lambiel but still very long way to go compared to Yuzu's English.

Back in his teens, Yuzu didn't even understand media questions in Eng. One hilarious incident was he nodded like he understood the question, then go straight to his senior Takahashi to ask what in the world did the person say. 

Brian Orser also mentioned that language barrier was a problem. He asked to do a 3A, Yuzu went & jump a quad or something, lol.

Yuzu only speak English in public more I think 2018 onwards, after 6 years in Canada.

9 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Oh I didn’t notice that. Simply Yuzuru Hanyu, such commitment to his performance.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Wow! I didn't notice it, either. But now it's so obvious. Yuzu is so committed to his performance. I was in an acting workshop many years ago and I remember the teacher saying that as an actor, you have to get into character before going on the stage and remain in character until after your exit. Yuzu's level of artistry and professionalism is in a whole league of his own. He's incredible. :bow:

5 hours ago, Yuzuismyoneandonly said:

Hi everyone! I’m a freshly new fan of Yuzu! I literally just discovered him—I must be living underneath a rock—I actually was following pre Olympic updates of NC/seeing if ShibSibs are going—then I discovered Yuzuru! And it was over for me then. My productivity, time, heart, won over by him. Ummmm guess who spent a full night not sleeping but researching Yuzu and figure skating terms instead???? That was just the most beautiful program—like seriously there’s such a new level of artistry in Yuzus skating....this is bad but honestly I couldn’t support the winner anymore since all I could see was a nonstop jumping machine that’s either in the middle of a jump or preparing for one so obvious that you forget you’re not watching gymnastics or cheerleading instead lol. Anyways, rant aside, can anyone kindly point me to any merch or anything that Yuzu owns/wears/looked at that I can purchase? 😣😭😭 sorry if this is out of place, if this is not the place to introduce myself or if I’ve said something wrong pls let me know!!

Your story is so relatable. When I first saw the light (a.k.a. fell into the Yuzu rabbit hole), I also spent sleepless nights surfing on the internet trying to find every morsel about him. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

That's what Yuzu does to you. He shows things that no one has done before. When I first saw him, I couldn't believe my eyes. I had never seen someone move like that before and never imagined a human could move like that. He draws you in right away. And then you never want to leave. :grin:

7 hours ago, Yuzuismyoneandonly said:

Hi everyone! I’m a freshly new fan of Yuzu! I literally just discovered him—I must be living underneath a rock—I actually was following pre Olympic updates of NC/seeing if ShibSibs are going—then I discovered Yuzuru! And it was over for me then. My productivity, time, heart, won over by him. Ummmm guess who spent a full night not sleeping but researching Yuzu and figure skating terms instead???? That was just the most beautiful program—like seriously there’s such a new level of artistry in Yuzus skating....this is bad but honestly I couldn’t support the winner anymore since all I could see was a nonstop jumping machine that’s either in the middle of a jump or preparing for one so obvious that you forget you’re not watching gymnastics or cheerleading instead lol. Anyways, rant aside, can anyone kindly point me to any merch or anything that Yuzu owns/wears/looked at that I can purchase? 😣😭😭 sorry if this is out of place, if this is not the place to introduce myself or if I’ve said something wrong pls let me know!!

Oh my god sameeee haha I watched PW because it popped up in my recommended and just wooshed straight onto the Yuzu fan train lol Managed to rope my mom into it too but I spent weeks frantically scouring every corner of the internet for information about him and the more I found, the more my love and admiration grew <33 I've only been a fan for a few months but already feel so attached I can't imagine what it's been like for people who've been following for years and years. I'm just a bit sad I didn't get to know him sooner but what's important is that I know him now and I get to give him all my love and support!

1 hour ago, Mary_kyo said:

Did I say I hate JSF today?

Why though? Why do they do that? I honestly want to know why. Did I miss something?  Same with ISU. Did they feel Yuzu is a has been? That his time had passed? Is Yuzu in private is actually an asshole to them? Or is Yuzu a problematic athlete? By all reasons and logic, clinging to Yuzu, holding on to him like their life depended on him is the best strategy of all. 

I noticed right away that he didn't get much applause from the J group. Only Kaori stood, her coaches didn't and neither did Wakaba. I don't know the big cheeses in the JSF enough to identify them, but they certainly weren't overly supportive. He certainly deserved a standing O as a show of support  from his compatriots, even if  just in recognition of what he has done, even if that particular performance wasn't his dream performance. 

It certainly makes you wonder how much jealousy some might feel. Or resentment of his universal appeal and the attention he gets. It's a real emotion that sometimes can't be helped. 

7 hours ago, Hanmgse said:

I'm not comparing Patrick to the skaters you named, I'm just saying that Yuzu won in 2014 despite his falls beacuse Patrick also didn't skate clean and Yuzu also broke the WR in the short. However that situation is different from this time, Yuzuru didn't perform clean (He chose to challenge the 4A despite knowing the risks of not medalling and I commend him for his bravery, he has always been a skater critized for doing this or that yet he follows his instinct) BUT Nathan and Yuma had solid skates in general, shoma wasn't clean in the free but he was solid in the short program therefore all three of them got in the podium. 

Sorry but Shoma got away with underrotation, and his skate did not warrant higher PCSs than Yuzu's. Yuzu's score should have been higher than Shoma's.