General Yuzuru Chat

38 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

The children's singing made me cry. A little seed that Yuzu had planted with his program has bloomed into so many children's beautiful smiles.

The banner "YUZU Smile for us". I wonder if Yuzu has seen this video.

It's posted on NHK, I'm sure it has reached or will reach him :img_21:

7 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Could someone tell me how to change to the new PH banner?

When I log out, it appears, but once I log in, it returns to the old one (still his birthday banner :confused: )

It's like that for me too. I'm still seeing the old birthday banner. I logged out and signed in again, but it's still the old banner. :think:

17 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Could someone tell me how to change to the new PH banner?

When I log out, it appears, but once I log in, it returns to the old one (still his birthday banner :confused: )

8 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

It's like that for me too. I'm still seeing the old birthday banner. I logged out and signed in again, but it's still the old banner. :think:

try picking the default "Heaven and Earth" banner here:

Fr8yzPc.png

but actually there's an issue with the notification bubble so we are fixing it, sorry!

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

try picking the default "Heaven and Earth" banner here:

Fr8yzPc.png

but actually there's an issue with the notification bubble so we are fixing it, sorry!

It worked! Thank you so much! :thanks:

The new banner is indeed beautiful! I love that you added the quote about him being our light. :softYuzu:

Yuzu is truly the absolute GOAT! :cheer:

And to think that Yuzu did all this despite being constantly underscored! I have the feeling the more often Yuzu gets unfair treatment, the more often Max points out his superhuman achievements. I'm so glad that there are people in this sport like Max who keep supporting Yuzu openly. :2thumbsup:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
31 minutes ago, Melodie said:

Another mystery solved: The cute sideway head movement is not only for being cute (although it is cute as hell), it’s also his new training method :grin:

"In mammals, otoliths are small particles, composed of a combination of a gelatinous matrix and calcium carbonate in the viscous fluid of the saccule and utricle. The inertia of these small particles causes them to stimulate hair cells when the head moves."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otolith#:~:text=In mammals%2C otoliths are small,cells when the head moves.

Is he getting bald? :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Joking aside, seems like it's to prepare his body for quick changes in movement (up and down, left and right). Makes sense. I might try it out next time I get onto a Roller Coaster. Perhaps I can avoid getting nauseous that way :68468287:

3 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

"In mammals, otoliths are small particles, composed of a combination of a gelatinous matrix and calcium carbonate in the viscous fluid of the saccule and utricle. The inertia of these small particles causes them to stimulate hair cells when the head moves."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otolith#:~:text=In mammals%2C otoliths are small,cells when the head moves.

Is he getting bald? :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Joking aside, seems like it's to prepare his body for quick changes in movement (up and down, left and right). Makes sense. I might try it out next time I get onto a Roller Coaster. Perhaps I can avoid getting nauseous that way :68468287:

He's definitely getting his body ready for 4 1/2 rotations. :grin: I think this kind of training probably helps him to keep his balance and sense of orientation as well as avoid getting nauseous when doing so many rotations within such a short amount of time.

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

Can the Japanese satellites tell me what this is about? 

Looks like the English translation is actually not bad. Every sentence made sense but if it's accurate I can't say :68468287:

"The world competition for figure skating has begun. Shoma Uno and Yuzuru Hanyu will appear in the men's short program on the first day. Hanyu will be participating for the first time in two tournaments since the 2017 tournament where Japan won the championship. Therefore, we will publish a special article about Hanyu published in "Sports Graphic Number".

First appearance: "Sports Graphic Number" released on January 21, 2021 <Student Yuzuru Hanyu "Thesis of 30,000 characters reached by exploring issues">
 Yuzuru Hanyu graduated from Waseda University School of Human Sciences last fall. The graduation thesis was taught by Shoji Nishimura, a professor at the Faculty of Human Sciences. How did the student, Hanyu, look in the eyes of the professor?

"My first encounter was an interview on Skype before enrollment. It seems that it was the timing right after the tournament in the fall of 2012. I felt an attitude.

I thought that the sports science department would be better if I wanted to master figure skating, but I had a clear sense of purpose, such as saying that I wanted to know what the physical movements that make up figure skating are. Was. I see, that's why I was told that it was the Faculty of Human Sciences. "

Hanyu won the Japan Championship for the first time in December 2012 © Takuya Sugiyama
Hanyu won the Japan Championship for the first time in December 2012 © Takuya Sugiyama

See all photos (4)
Even though I was busy, I read ten papers
 Hanyu, who enrolled in the Correspondence Course (e-school) of the Faculty of Human Sciences, took a lesson-style lecture for two years. He worked with a strong sense of inquiry and actively posted on the bulletin board for questions and answers that other students could see.

After completing the required credits, students of the Faculty of Human Sciences choose a seminar for their graduation research. Hanyu decided to study under Professor Nishimura.

"At the time of entering the seminar, the outline of the theme of the thesis will be decided through interviews, etc. Mr. Hanyu had a desire to do research to analyze the movement of figure skating."

Previously, under Professor Nishimura, figure skater Haruka Imai was engaged in research using "motion capture" technology that attaches sensors to the body and records movements. At that time, the technology was not as easy to use as it is today, so it was not at a level that could be analyzed. However, due to the evolution of technology, it has become possible for figure skaters to collect data on how they behave.

Guidance was given to Canada-based Hanyu using e-mail and Skype.

Studied under Brian Orser in April 2012.  Moved to Toronto, Canada from summer © Takuya Sugiyama
Studied under Brian Orser in April 2012. Moved to Toronto, Canada from summer © Takuya Sugiyama

"For a while, every week, I was asked to work on the task of having the necessary papers read and reviewed according to the theme. Even though I was busy, I worked on reading the 10 papers properly and took the lead. I spent a lot of time learning about research and analytical methods. "

"It was so complete that I didn't have much to do with it."
 The title of his thesis was "Utilization of motion capture technology in figure skating and future prospects", and he focused on it from spring to summer when he refrained from going out. And at the end of July last year, I finished writing my graduation thesis."