General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzu said there were pros and cons to training by himself in Sendai.

Pros: 

• He has the whole rink to himself for training 4A. You need space to train that monster and it will be harder to do that at TCC where he is sharing the rink with other skaters. I recall someone (Jun, Jason, Joseph?) saying they had to be careful not to kill each other when practicing their quads.
  • He can play his music whenever he wants to and practice his run-throughs.
  • He has the freedom to plan his practice any way he wants.

Cons:

• Lack of physiotherapy help after practice. This is probably because he practices at midnight, so he can't get help during those hours. This part worries me because he needs this if he's training 4A.
  • There's no one to give him feedback when he wants some. Having a second pair of eyes and a different perspective can be a huge help sometimes. I'm sure he would like to get Ghislain's advice on 4A.
  • He didn't like practicing all by himself sometimes. There are good days and bad days, and when practice isn't going well, you need someone to give you some support and a nice pep talk. No one has mentioned Tracy, but I see so many times when she is such a warm presence, and she was there backstage comforting Yuzu when he had a bad skate.

He said he was thinking about all this and hasn't made a decision. When the borders reopen, maybe he might want to return to Toronto, but not full time. I can see him returning to Canada and training there for a while if he gets assigned to SCI, or if he wants to do ACI, and then returning to Japan if he gets NHK. 

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

Comparison between the latest release and the previous one :) 

Wow. That's quite a size difference!

1 minute ago, 180267 said:

Same question for you.

I was in no was speculating, my friend, I was speaking about his past injuries - how on earth did you turn them into something present? 
Don’t try to read into my words something I never intended. As simple as that. 
And don’t grow too aggressive, please, a moderator’s warning. 

2 минуты назад, JanMary сказал:

He may not return to Toronto after the pandemic, but he also may. We can just wait for his decision and not judge for him which training base is the best for him.

Well, Yuzu named many advantages of Sendai as his training base. And not a single advantage of TCC.

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

No, he stayed in Toronto after his left foot injury was revealed in 2016. He stayed off the ice for good three and half months then. The same with the ligament injuries, he stayed around ten days in Japan after the first one happened, then went to Toronto. The same with the second injury on the same foot in 2018. 
It seems that he stayed in Japan for his rehabilitation after the Olympics, but this is Yuzu, no knowing where he was exactly. 

I remember Brian talking about seeing Yuzu happily practising his old programs for CWW, so I thought it was in Toronto. But you are right, there are so many unknowns around, it is almost impossible to be certain. 

1 минуту назад, Fay сказал:

And don’t grow too aggressive, please, a moderator’s warning. 

OMG, where did you see too aggression in my words? A different point of view from yours? Well, don’t grow too aggressive, please.

This is what I remember about 2016 injury.

It really started to bother him after JN 2015. He went to see doctors in Japan but they only offered him painkillers. He skated some shows in January with painkillers and after that just waited the pain to go away. It didn´t and eventually he had to get back to Toronto to prepare for the Worlds. In Toronto he went to a doctor who gave him the right diagnose and began the treatment. Of course the Worlds was too close for treatment to really help, but after the Worlds Yuzu returned to Toronto very quickly to continue the treatment.

About after the Olympics 2018: he went back to Toronto sometime in March because I remember Brian telling how special it was to see Yuzu practicing his old programs for Continues with Wings.

10 minutes ago, 180267 said:

OMG, where did you see too aggression in my words? A different point of view from yours? Well, don’t grow too aggressive, please.

No, but it’s you who have difficulty admitting people can have different points of view from yours. You carry on repeating the same message for around dozens of times without the bother of listening to anyone who objected to your point of view. Who’s being aggressive? 

5 minutes ago, 180267 said:

And not a single advantage of TCC.

I think it is because he was assumed to return to TCC after the pandemic, and he was saying "maybe not". He did mention the cons of returning to Toronto, if not TCC.

I mean, you should also see the "maybe" in his lines. It's not for us to make the conclusion.

3 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

This is what I remember about 2016 injury.

It really started to bother him after JN 2015. He went to see doctors in Japan but they only offered him painkillers. He skated some shows in January with painkillers and after that just waited the pain to go away. It didn´t and eventually he had to get back to Toronto to prepare for the Worlds. In Toronto he went to a doctor who gave him the right diagnose and began the treatment. Of course the Worlds was too close for treatment to really help, but after the Worlds Yuzu returned to Toronto very quickly to continue the treatment.

About after the Olympics 2018: he went back to Toronto sometime in March because I remember Brian telling how special it was to see Yuzu practicing his old programs for Continues with Wings.

Exactly, they injected some steroids into him in January 2016, but that didn’t help. Hope it taught Yuzu a lesson not to disregard pain... 

The bottom line is that it doesn't matter what we fans think of Brian Orser. The only thing that matters is how Yuzu feels about him. We always credit Yuzu for being so smart and astute. Doesn't the fact that he has remained with Brian since May 2012 speak for itself? If he felt unsupported or done wrong by him, he had the option to leave. No one was holding a gun to his head or holding Pooh-san hostage. The only reason he became stranded in Sendai is due to the pandemic. If the pandemic had not happened, he would have continued practicing in 2020 until the season ended and then he would have returned for the 2020-21 season. He had some very low moments practicing on his own this past year, but also discovered some good things as well. He cannot return to Canada even if he wanted to right now or in the near future. Everything is up in the air and he is trying to figure things out while dealing with the WTT, SOI and his other myriad commitments and obligations. Everything will work itself out in the end. If Yuzu decides not to return to the TCC, it will not be because of any ill feeling between him and Brian.

10 минут назад, Fay сказал:

You carry on repeating the same message for around dozens of times

Give me an example please. I have only 15 messages about different things.

As a moderator you should be neutral and not impose your point of view on me, shouldn't you?

18 minutes ago, 180267 said:

Give me an example please. I have only 15 messages about different things.

As a moderator you should be neutral and not impose your point of view on me, shouldn't you?

And your criticism should be constructive  when it comes to coaches and skaters, as a matter of fact. Is it with you? 
It’s funny you should feel imposed on, whereas in fact you are the one who keeps repeating the same message over and over, as I said without the bother of listening to anyone. I am not trying to impose on you, but you are clearly not interested to know there might be different points of views from yours.