General Yuzuru Chat

16 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

This makes me wonder.

Yuzuru Hanyu has declared reasons not to come back to train in Toronto (being alone to train for frequent run-throughs). They are certainly true, he never lies. But Canadian borders control may be another, and he may have avoided evoking them not to embarrass Canada in their border control policy (there is a political politeness at stake for a country who welcomed him for so long, and probably also the consideration that a good border control has been one of the most efficient policies to this date, though of course we cannot speak for him). Given that, I now wonder which reason weighs more, and what he would do if border control would permit him to enter (and should there be no danger for Canada or himself and his mother). Well, this is somehow casuistics, just a bit relevant because of Brian Orser's interview. He says his student doesn't come because of border control, while this student has publicly declared he wasn't coming because of ice time organisation, and Brian Orser may be right though.

Toronto is the current hot spot of Canada's third wave. Yuzu is far better off in Japan at the moment, although things may change by July, which is when TCC normally reconvenes for the new season, I believe.

So Yuzu doesn't have to make a decision right away.

Still though, considering the way some of Brian's past students have left with little warning, the uncertainty must be painful for him, I think he genuinely regards Yuzu with great affection and misses him.

11 hours ago, Ladysci said:

I would totally wear the new one.  Love large watches and the red minute markers and and the black case, which would go with most of my clothes. Unfortunately, there is no way to get one :sad4:

I would get the new one too, even though I really like the design of the first one (It is just so elegant and classy and I adore that shade of blue). Three reasons:

- My eyesight is strange and wild poor (even my optometrists are frustrated with it LOL) so I need the digits and hands to be easy to see; 

- I also adore that red and black combo; and 

- I'm a sucker for anything that looks athletic :) 

(Duality in characteristics, but what can I say LOL)

12 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Sendai does not have anywhere near the kind of diverse professional support that he can get at TCC.   Also, Canadian sports medicine is superb (I am benefiting from them myself after decades of unresolved physical issues) and he would need them badly as he intensifies his training on 4A, which is quite risky and should be done with experienced professionals close at hand.  I am very impressed by TCC's management philosophy which emphasizes a very respectful and team-oriented approach toward their athletes.  Unfortunately, this is such a rare and precious phenomenon in high-level sports clubs, and especially in FS. 

Hide contents

I am saddened by the cynical attitudes taken by some fans towards the TCC coaches - why? because they seem earnest and sincere?  

Totally agree with you there.

(I don't know how to hide contents :sadPooh:): Regarding the attitude towards TCC coaches, I have to say they may not be well spoken all the time (who is???), but Yuzu would not have stayed with TCC for so long had TCC truly been a bad club. And I genuinely believe the fond feelings are mutual. 

12 hours ago, Fay said:

Excuse me, I’d like to remind you about the rules. No mud-throwing is allowed. 

and frankly there's no mud to throw in this case. Brian has stated on several occasions that he follows Yuzu's lead. If Yuzu wants more from Brian, he only has to ask directly.

Hi Peeps

I hope this is not offensive to anyone because it is not intended to be - it's just a statement of what i am thinking. I am Australian and we pretty much speak our minds  - we get told that we are pretty blunt when we say stuff so please do not be offended because i do not know how other cultures might read this.

I am wondering why there is a discussion at all about Yuzu's choice and Brian's comments.... From this side of the fence it's pretty simple. Yuzu does Yuzu. It is his life and his right to choose what he wants to do with it - whether it be staying in Sendai or going back to Toronto;  trying to beat the quads out of Nathan or accepting a bronze and plodding along to earn 3 Olympic spots for his country. End of story.

We are only fans. We have no rights with regard to the decisions made by The Overlord and no ability to influence the outcome.

Our only job as Fanyus and Satellites is to have faith in Yuzuru Hanyu. Unquestionable faith. As in "I don't know what he is going to do but i am going to sit back, be patient and wait to find out". The Covenant of the unspoken agreement between Hanyu and Fanyu is "believe that the Purple Pants of Sin Wearer knows what he is doing and will make the best decision for himself".

The only thing us Fanys can really influence is the way we cry, scream, yell, clap, cheer, laugh, love, support, throw Pooh-bears, create banners, invent another sexy name for for the next hormone-inducing pair of pants, create videos that pluck our feelings out of obscurity and thrust them into the face of everyone else feeling the same way, make funny gifs (and desperately avoid in-depth discussion on the topic of how absolutely HOT! and drop-dead sexily gorgeous this man is otherwise our ovaries might explode), etc etc. 

I don't think it is our place to speculate on Yuzu's relationship with his coaches. Despite his cute appearance, he is an adult man who can skate by himself at this point. If he found no value in the relationship with TCC, he wouldn't waste money on that.

Like every other relationship in the world, they may have their ups and downs, some misunderstandings and miscommunications occasionally, and Brian isn't always the best at PR. However, even during this pandemic, Yuzu still keeps his ties with Brian and co, so I believe in them.

Regarding the question if Yuzu could succeed without Brian, nobody knows. We are shaped by all the people around us and you can't just take away some of them to ask what would have happened. Yuzu might have met another great coach or he might not. The only important thing is that TCC has contributed a lot to Yuzu's success for the past 8 years and Yuzu is still naming them as his coaches.

P.S. I am pleased to read Brian's nice words about Yuzu.

11 hours ago, 180267 said:

I always believe in Yuzu no matter what Orser said. And I trust Yuzu, not Orser. Orser is like Johnny Weir to me.

No doubt. His talent, his nature, his jumping technique and other skills are not the merit of Orser.

And do you think Yuzu would appreciate you disrespecting his coach this way? No matter what you may think of Orser, he is the coach that Yuzu himself personally chose. Yuzu could have any coach in the world that he wants - or all of them at once - but he has stuck with Brian all this time. Year after year, Yuzu chooses of his own free will to return to Brian and TCC. It is his own decision

Therefore it is wrong of any of Yuzu's fans to disrespect Brian. If you disrespect Brian, it's the same as disrepecting Yuzu and criticizing his decisions and choices. It's not supporting Yuzu at all.

1 hour ago, CaroSkate said:

I don't think it is our place to speculate on Yuzu's relationship with his coaches. Despite his cute appearance, he is an adult man who can skate by himself at this point. If he found no value in the relationship with TCC, he wouldn't waste money on that.

Like every other relationship in the world, they may have their ups and downs, some misunderstandings and miscommunications occationally, and Brian isn't always the best at PR. However, even during this pandemic, Yuzu still keeps his ties with Brian and co, so I believe in them.

Regarding the question if Yuzu could succeed without Brian, nobody knows. We are shaped by all the people around us and you can't just take away some of them to ask what would have happened. Yuzu might have met another great coach or he might not. The only important thing is that TCC has contributed a lot to Yuzu's success for the past 8 years and Yuzu is still naming them as his coaches.

P.S. I am pleasant to read Brian's nice words about Yuzu.

Yup! I agree with you too.

Also, I guess this will be my last post regarding this matter:

To be fair, Yuzu is still working with his coaching team throughout the pandemic. The difference is that the team is not physically there. Clearly there are ongoing constraints and they are doing the best they can, all of them, Yuzu, his coaching team, also his family, his choreographers, his supporting staff. They are being very adaptive and as both Yuzu and Brian have said, it is, to a certain level, working very well. 

And yes, if there are no more reasons for collaboration, they would part ways. If and when it comes, let's embrace it as it is. We, as outsiders, have no say in whatever they choose to do, because what do we really know? 

54 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Sendai does not have anywhere near the kind of diverse professional support that he can get at TCC.   Also, Canadian sports medicine is superb (I am benefiting from them myself after decades of unresolved physical issues) and he would need them badly as he intensifies his training on 4A, which is quite risky and should be done with experienced professionals close at hand.  I am very impressed by TCC's management philosophy which emphasizes a very respectful and team-oriented approach toward their athletes.  Unfortunately, this is such a rare and precious phenomenon in high-level sports clubs, and especially in FS. 

Reveal hidden contents

I am saddened by the cynical attitudes taken by some fans towards the TCC coaches - why? because they seem earnest and sincere?  

I think that's exactly it.

Spoiler

Sadly, there seem to be a lot of people in this world who are immediately suspicious of those who are honest and kind, and go looking for ulterior motives.

3 minutes ago, 180267 said:

Supporting Yuzu does not mean supporting Orser.   

You misunderstood what I said entirely.

I see no point in continuing to talk to you. You are simply here to say hurtful things about someone you don't even know. I'm putting you on 'ignore'.