General Yuzuru Chat

28 minutes ago, Terrapin said:

Here is the interview the pictures are taken from  :mischief: :tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg:  (God I had forgotten how insisting the interviewer had been about trying to have Yuzu promote Beijing for the next winter games, no wonder he made so many weird facial expressions! Poor Yuzu ! :crazyshit2:)

Thanks for the proof! he really was speaking English! cool!😻👏

:satellite:FELLOW SATELLITES:satellite:

The 1994th satellite @Pina has joined us in our orbit around Planet Hanyu!

1994番目の人工衛星はPlanet Hanyuの軌道に到着しました!

To commemorate this special occasion we award Pina with this special badge/signature.
特別な行事なんですから、特別なバッジはPinaに贈ります。

kcmQt9Y.gif

We want to use this occasion to extend a warm welcome and big thanks to all new and existing satellites.

You were part of the process of forming our planet and turning it into the wondeful place it is now. Let's use our planet to support our boy in this Olympic season but also give each other the emotional support we will most probably need.:7938863:

メンバーの皆さん、ありがとうございます。 一緒に羽生選手を応援続けましょう:7938863:

6 hours ago, Terrapin said:

I feel exactly the same as you, and I've never watched Boston FS. I'm not sure I will ever... I felt devastated enough just to know what happened, so watching it would be too much, even though it's been a year and he won his title back.

I tried resisting but my curiosity overcame. It was so heartbreaking to see how disappointed Yuzu was. And it makes me mad that people use these instances as examples of Yuzu not being able to withstand pressure. 

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't understand why people expect Yuzu to be perfect at ALL times...Zhenya's type of consistency is probably one in a million. And why is it that some people treat Yuzu as a failure or think that he's becoming irrelevant when he gets less than gold? 

Looking at his Boston FS score - 184.61, that is still higher than all but SEVEN personal best scores for FS. When Yuzu screws up, he's still better than all but 6 people at their best (1 of the 7 is himself) in the world!  Out of curiosity, I looked up the personal best total scores of all skaters. Assuming Yuzu got 0 points for his SP, his latest WR FS still puts him at 71st place for total personal best score!

Yuzu is by far his greatest critic; he doesn't need anymore criticism from people who can't appreciate what he has accomplished thus far. :smiley-angry020:

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

HAPPY 2017-18 FIGURE SKATING & OLYMPIC SEASON! WIN GOLD, YUZU!:0006:

ALSO, HAPPY 150TH BIRTHDAY, CANADA! :colorful-banana-smiley-emoticon::pepper::Chilli::IrishDancingBanana::Bananeyessss::party2::banana-in-suit-smiley-emoticon::Bananezorro:

WISHING EVERYBODY IN CANADA A SAFE AND HAPPY CANADA DAY! :dancinghotdog:

Happy Canada Day to all of you - I attended a party when I was quite young thrown by a Canadian my dad was working with - best party memory of my childhood! 

3 hours ago, meoima said:

"It is an entirely different story to be the defending Olympic champion, the defending World champion and current world record holder for all parts of the men’s event (SP, LP, Total)."

It just hit me that this is where Yuzu is at omg. I'm so proud of this kid but this is truly an unprecedented level of expectation. Only maybe Yuna in 2014 was facing something close, right? In the end, we can only hope he will be happy with his skate, healthy and fairly scored ; u ;

3 hours ago, liha said:

:satellite:FELLOW SATELLITES:satellite:

The 1994th satellite @Pina has joined us in our orbit around Planet Hanyu!

1994番目の人工衛星はPlanet Hanyuの軌道に到着しました!

To commemorate this special occasion we award Pina with this special badge/signature.
特別な行事なんですから、特別なバッジはPinaに贈ります。

kcmQt9Y.gif

We want to use this occasion to extend a warm welcome and big thanks to all new and existing satellites.

You were part of the process of forming our planet and turning it into the wondeful place it is now. Let's use our planet to support our boy in this Olympic season but also give each other the emotional support we will most probably need.:7938863:

メンバーの皆さん、ありがとうございます。 一緒に羽生選手を応援続けましょう:7938863:

Yay! It's exciting!! 👏🙏🌎

2 hours ago, kaerb said:

"It is an entirely different story to be the defending Olympic champion, the defending World champion and current world record holder for all parts of the men’s event (SP, LP, Total)."

It just hit me that this is where Yuzu is at omg. I'm so proud of this kid but this is truly an unprecedented level of expectation. Only maybe Yuna in 2014 was facing something close, right? In the end, we can only hope he will be happy with his skate, healthy and fairly scored ; u ;

"To soar"

"Towards the ideal and beyond"

We'll pray that you'll be able to jump onto that olympic podium unlike the last time where you felt scared to do so..:mischief:

:rofl::clap::0006::grouphug: