General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I hope fans will not buy into gala tickets until we know exactly what is offered. If nobody buys gala tickets when they have their sh**show, that will send a message. 

As for myself, I have no plans to ever buy another overpriced, mystery package all event ticket ever again!  I will vote with my $$$.  :angry_party:.   And the rumour that the organizer was saying the votes were all for a certain American jumper....:sick:

What?  What organizer would hint such a ridiculous vote count?  How could Yuzu, with the number of fans he has internationally, NOT be the winner of that.  (He's also the GOAT, so there's that...)

2 minutes ago, barbara said:

What?  What organizer would hint such a ridiculous vote count?  How could Yuzu, with the number of fans he has internationally, NOT be the winner of that.  (He's also the GOAT, so there's that...)

EXACTLY!!  that would be the ultimate betrayal :mad0066:  from the organizer Ari somebody or other

5 minutes ago, barbara said:

Well, that's so unfair! NBC had actually blocked off about 20 hours or more for figure skating starting on Thursday through tomorrow and now they are showing something called "Monster Jam".  I'm not even going to look at what that is.  They could've shown the Olympics. They're even the network that has rights to the Olympics.  But, nooooooo.  No skating for me.

Get a VPN for Canada and then you can watch everything online. CBC is streaming this online right now. 

26 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I hope fans will not buy into gala tickets until we know exactly what is offered. If nobody buys gala tickets when they have their sh**show, that will send a message. 

As for myself, I have no plans to ever buy another overpriced, mystery package all event ticket ever again! 

Same. Never going to buy an all-event sight unseen again. I will wait until all the information is released before buying, or else get single day tickets, and the gala is what I'll purchase last. 

26 minutes ago, barbara said:

This is extra ridiculous. According to ISU's own definition MVS it's literally the only award that can be measured and justified by numbers at all. Biggest fanbase, most klicks, likes and views on SM and YT, highest search score, endorsements... yeah pretty much everything that ESPN puts into account when they create their 100 rankings. And I don't see any other figure skater in that list except Yuzu.

I'm really curious how they wanted to explain/justify that decision (if it's true)...

54 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Just watching the CBC re-broadcadt of Pyeongchang...and THEY AIRED THE YUZU INTERVIEW IN IT'S ENTIRETY!!!!!

WOO!!!:dancinghotdog::studsmatta:

It's just so exciting to get to see him properly on TV! 

Also, watching the ice dance again made me realize how much I miss the Shibutanis. :cry:

So they aired Yuzu's interview, and the ice dance, women's, and pairs final flights. But did not air the men's skating. What the heck! 

Here I thought they were doing so well...:noshake:

7 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So they aired Yuzu's interview, and the ice dance, women's, and pairs final flights. But did not air the men's skating. What the heck! 

Here I thought they were doing so well...:noshake:

Are they keeping that off until tomorrow or is it because there were no Canadian medalists among men? 
Or indeed among top six! 

24 minutes ago, Fay said:

Are they keeping that off until tomorrow or is it because there were no Canadian medalists among men? 
Or indeed among top six! 

I think it's the latter. So that's probably why they gave the interview the air time...because at least Yuzu still.has a Canadian connection. 

I wanted to watch Olympic Seimei again...:tumblr_inline_n2pjd2atId1qdlkyg:

But they must have had an editing error, because right before the interview they said they would air the men's competition. So now I'm pouting. 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think it's the latter. So that's probably why they gave the interview the air time...because at least Yuzu still.has a Canadian connection. 

But they must have had an editing error, because right before the interview they said they would air the competition. So now I'm pouting. 

I watched to the beginning of pairs and then stopped.....no men? Very strange. I thought at least they would show Patrick, especially since they even took the time to show Gabby's disaster skate, which seemed a bit cruel. :( 

9 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

I watched to the beginning of pairs and then stopped.....no men? Very strange. I thought at least they would show Patrick, especially since they even took the time to show Gabby's disaster skate, which seemed a bit cruel. :( 

I know. And they showed all the ice dancers. Not sure what happened but :(

17 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know. And they showed all the ice dancers. Not sure what happened but :(

Maybe it was a last-minute edit based on the engagement and numbers on their Yuzu interview. Make the men's replay an EVENT. Separate day, Hanyu-heavy advertising, throw in a Sochi replay with dramatic Patrick vs. Yuzu showdown feat. shady Chiddy interview soundbites, include all the short programs for good measure, re-run every CBC post-skate interview Yuzu has ever done, and get Tracy on video chat for an exclusive. /wishfulthinking

37 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But they must have had an editing error, because right before the interview they said they would air the men's competition. So now I'm pouting. 

I did suggest we watch it together, didn’t I? If we could set up KAST or Zoom, I have CBC men on my hard disk... :P 

mind you, what with working from home, I have considerably less free time, though

17 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Maybe it was a last-minute edit based on the engagement and numbers on their Yuzu interview. Make the men's replay an EVENT. Separate day, Hanyu-heavy advertising, throw in a Sochi replay with dramatic Patrick vs. Yuzu showdown feat. shady Chiddy interview soundbites, include all the short programs for good measure, re-run every CBC post-skate interview Yuzu has ever done, and get Tracy on video chat for an exclusive. /wishfulthinking

If they haven't planned it yet, maybe they will now! :nod2: