General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Veveco said:

The only "chill" he cares about is the chill of his ever beloved ice-chan :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

Ice-chan: Whatever, I don't care if you skate on me. Do whatever you want. Everybody skates on me, you're not special.

Yuzu: *skates*

Ice-chan: 

Yuzu: *hydroblade, kissu*

Ice-chan: *melts a little bit*

Ice-chan: I-I mean, nothing! Shut up! B-baka! It's not like I like you or anything!! ___(>///<)___

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

Yuri on ice eros 

:peekapooh:

he already did tchaikovsky swan lake. i dont think he suits russian music thattt much, tbh. if he is going to do something new id say go with japanese music

Well, there's lots of inspiration to be had from Japanese sources as well. He could try doing something with shamisen. 

1 hour ago, SuperMin said:

@SparkleSalad

He’s a little too old for rj1.0 , I want a mature “ I rule this sport” program.  I’m not  even sure what that will look like. :yznotimpressed:

I kinda feel like that's what he did with Origin, tbh. 

If he does go with new programs next year, I hope he goes in a totally fresh direction that no one could expect or predict: Bossa Nova. :pouty:

Or he could go for maximum Trollzuru and do covers of his vanquished opponents' old programs, but make them way better. Although he might think that would be too mean-spirited to do. 

32 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Ice-chan: Whatever, I don't care if you skate on me. Do whatever you want. Everybody skates on me, you're not special.

Yuzu: *skates*

Ice-chan: 

Yuzu: *hydroblade, kissu*

Ice-chan: *melts a little bit*

Ice-chan: I-I mean, nothing! Shut up! B-baka! It's not like I like you or anything!! ___(>///<)___

I agree, Ice-chan is absolutely a tsundere.

11 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

So Carmen it is, then?

8 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

ROXANNEEEEEE :rock:

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh god yes! 

Ooooh Yuzu doing Lady Marmalade. How about that? 

No! No Carmen! Knowing Yuzu's luck, the curse of Carmen would strike him down at ACI. 

But Roxanne, now there's a possibility... I think Lady Marmalade would be great too. 

Or, ultimate troll level:

Hallelujah. 

22 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No! No Carmen! Knowing Yuzu's luck, the curse of Carmen would strike him down at ACI. 

But Roxanne, now there's a possibility... I think Lady Marmalade would be great too. 

Or, ultimate troll level:

Hallelujah. 

Only if he does the Handel Hallelujah chorus. 

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Only if he does the Handel Hallelujah chorus. 

Nah, I was thinking the Jeff Buckley version. 

Actually, while we're on that topic, I think an ice show where the skaters swap programs and do each other's pieces would be really interesting.

I think by now this talk should go in the music predictions thread, but until then, personally I kind of wish he'd do something contemporary. I've seen some people saying that Nathan is just as good as Yuzu, just his style is very different, I guess influenced by the fact that Yuzu skates fairly classical programs, while Nathan has more contemporary ones (obviously, these people haven't seen LGC, but whatever). SO it'd be fun to prove how he can do that better, too :P

More seriously, though, if he really plans to quad it out next season, old programs make more sense. However, there would need to be fairly big choreo changes to accommodate the quads, and I'm not sure if that wouldn't actually be more complicated than just doing a new program (he'd have to overwrite muscle memory). Origin was clearly created with the possibility to do 4A and 4Lo as opening jumps, so there's plenty of space between them, but for the rest...

And then there's also stamina to consider. Personally, I'm not sure Yuzu would go for 6 different quads in his FS, he's more likely to spread them across two programs and make the best of them like that. But however he does it, it's possible he won't choose very lively songs when that time comes, in order to save the energy for the jumps and not spend it on lively step sequences or choreo sequences (unless they happen after all the jumps are done, then I guess he could do it).

That being said, I want a lively, energetic, fun SP again (especially since it seems judges now do appreciate them, while LGC wasn't THAT appreciated) and some new but still epic for the FS. He is the king and I'd like him to keep acting like it in his FS :winky:

54 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Nah, I was thinking the Jeff Buckley version. 

Actually, while we're on that topic, I think an ice show where the skaters swap programs and do each other's pieces would be really interesting.

An ice show when any currently competing skater tries to do any of Yuzu's step sequences would be really interesting. /snark