General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, xeyra said:

Edit unrelated to the comparison above: I noticed that between the 4T3T in the broadcast version and the 4T3T in the clean version, he threw down his arms on cue after he landed the 3T (love that), which he probably didn't do in the broadcast version because he landed a bit less securely. 

My data isn't fast enough to rewatch both versions rn but iirc in the broadcast version he jumped a tact later so that the landing note of the 3T was the same as the note he did the arm movement on in the clean version so I assumed he thought of that detail later? I will check it later, again, tho. I'm not completely sure. 

And me too, I love that detail so much! 

2 minutes ago, liha said:

My data isn't fast enough to rewatch both versions rn but iirc in the broadcast version he jumped a tact later so that the landing note of the 3T was the same as the note he did the arm movement on in the clean version so I assumed he thought of that detail later? I will check it later, again, tho. I'm not completely sure. 

And me too, I love that detail so much! 

Or probably because he jumped it later he didn't get to do the arm movement that he did in the clean version. 

I actually really love all the arm movements to the notes he does in Chopin, both in the old and new versions. His spin arm movements are always on point as well, even in the first spin that I'm still not sold on the timing for. But that movement after the 3T in the clean version is just so powerful it's probably going to become my favorite thing (well, the whole 4T3T will). 

20 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Or probably because he jumped it later he didn't get to do the arm movement that he did in the clean version. 

I actually really love all the arm movements to the notes he does in Chopin, both in the old and new versions. His spin arm movements are always on point as well, even in the first spin that I'm still not sold on the timing for. But that movement after the 3T in the clean version is just so powerful it's probably going to become my favorite thing (well, the whole 4T3T will). 

I think the best possible combination would be 3T+arm movement right on the chord ("note"), it would be hard to balance but it would pay off!

I think the arm movement in the clean version wasn't even planned, but was an improv "born" from the success of having landed all 3 jumping passes c:

3 hours ago, b138oo said:

He looks like he's about to act in a Naruto live action movie  :rofl:

The turtleneck underneath the shirt is okay for me bc I've seen a lot of Korean actors wore it last winter, so it might have been a fashion thing. But the pants, the showing socks, and the shoes are such a terrible combination  :furious:

the shirt looks like its 6 sizes too big

6 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I think the best possible combination would be 3T+arm movement right on the chord ("note"), it would be hard to balance but it would pay off!

I think the arm movement in the clean version wasn't even planned, but was an improv "born" from the success of having landed all 3 jumping passes c:

That sounds difficult and I think it would also bury the arm movement and have less impact! I really like how everything fell into place in the clean version, planned or not :smiley-love017:

26 minutes ago, liha said:

That sounds difficult and I think it would also bury the arm movement and have less impact! I really like how everything fell into place in the clean version, planned or not :smiley-love017:

Except the first spin. He really needs to work on when to go into that, because right now I think he enters it either too soon or too late. 

32 minutes ago, liha said:

I don't want to pick between the arm movement version and the first version with both jumps perfectly synched with the piano rhythm because they're both so beautiful... I guess, though, it will change from performance to performance, because during that piano crescendo I think it's really hard for Yuzuru to distinguish to the second the moment he needs to jump. It all depends on how much his set up will take, so I think we'll see how it'll all work out.

I am in serious need of the next show of Faoi. 9 days are way too many. Way too many. 

8 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I don't want to pick between the arm movement version and the first version with both jumps perfectly synched with the piano rhythm because they're both so beautiful... I guess, though, it will change from performance to performance, because during that piano crescendo I think it's really hard for Yuzuru to distinguish to the second the moment he needs to jump. It all depends on how much his set up will take, so I think we'll see how it'll all work out.

I am in serious need of the next show of Faoi. 9 days are way too many. Way too many. 

Wait, I thought the version with the arm movement (the clean one) already had the 4T3T perfectly synched with the piano rhythm? That's why the arm movement worked so well for me. Actually, I think both versions were both perfectly well timed, just the broadcast one he seemed to come out of the jump more of in a hurry. 

25 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Except the first spin. He really needs to work on when to go into that, because right now I think he enters it either too soon or too late. 

I was only referring to the combo!

The entire program is definitely not complete, yet, but there's still lots of time to do the fine-tuning. 

17 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Hmm it's funny you say that bc in the broadcasted version I found the timing of the combo to be a little off and perfect in the clean version. But you might be right that he is getting confused (but he also has time to perfect that)

I have to say, even though Chopin is a masterpiece I had hope we'd get to see two new programs of Yuzu or even a different music and choreography.. :sadPooh: Though I have no doubt, that skated clean at the Olympics, this Chopin sp will be legendary for decades!

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Wait, I thought the version with the arm movement (the clean one) already had the 4T3T perfectly synched with the piano rhythm? That's why the arm movement worked so well for me. Actually, I think both versions were both perfectly well timed, just the broadcast one he seemed to come out of the jump more of in a hurry. 

Sorry, I didn't remember correctly which version was which!

In the broadcast version he was late, so actually he landed 3T when the Chord had already played. I think he tried to hurry the 3T when he realized he was a tiny-bit late but his landing on the 4T wasn't perfect, so he lost time. 

The clean version is pretty well synched, it's just a different synch than the one from day 1, which we got a snipped of. 

This is the dailymotion video of day 1, now that I see it, he actually does the arm movement together with the landing. The difference in timing is subtle, but it's there, and I prefer this one because BOTH landings AND takeoffs are on accented piano chords, so it's just perfection for me.