General Yuzuru Chat

What a wasted opportunity- you get an interview with Hanyu and instead of using an interpreter and asking some good questions about skating and jumps and transitions and getting a flood of rapid fire answers translated you a) ask the same old tired questions you must have heard the answers to 100 times and b) make him speak English which must cut the length of the response by at least half and render it devoid of any nuance he might use speaking Japanese.  Idiot English interviewer.  I suppose he did garner a variation on the Pooh answer but still.....waste :dry:

Podcast.

https://youtu.be/faSJEm6Hjgk

6 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

What a wasted opportunity- you get an interview with Hanyu and instead of using an interpreter and asking some good questions about skating and jumps and transitions and getting a flood of rapid fire answers translated you a) ask the same old tired questions you must have heard the answers to 100 times and b) make him speak English which must cut the length of the response by at least half and render it devoid of any nuance he might use speaking Japanese.  Idiot English interviewer.  I suppose he did garner a variation on the Pooh answer but still.....waste :dry:

Podcast.

https://youtu.be/faSJEm6Hjgk

When they will stop asking him about Pooh? They should know the answer by now

1 hour ago, Bilge said:

I'm new to figure skating so, is this true?

Yeah I think they mean only men's skater to win:

Jr Worlds

Jr GPF

Olympics

Worlds

GPF

4CC or Europeans

?

Plushenko won the lot except for Jr GPF because it had not be created yet. Yuna Kim has also won it all, as have Tessa and Scott.

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah I think they mean only men's skater to win:

Jr Worlds

Jr GPF

Olympics

Worlds

GPF

4CC or Europeans

?

Plushenko won the lot except for Jr GPF because it had not be created yet. Yuna Kim has also won it all, as have Tessa and Scott.

Oh man if only Yuzu knew this. He will go to 4CC to get gold before he retires lol. 4CC 3 silver curse come on break!!! 

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Haha he probalby knows! :biggrin: 

My perfect scenario for Yuzus retirement.

* land 4A in competition

* win 4CC gold

* win at least 1 more world title (3 world titles hooray!)

*win skate canada gold after having 3 silver glass medals

*win 1 more Japanese nationals (5 time national champion) 

As for Beijing, thats too greedy fan wish, so I wont wish for 3 straight title. 

Just now, cinemacoconut said:

* land 4A in competition

* win 4CC gold

I'm greedy. I want Beijing:peek:

4 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

* land 4A in competition

* win 4CC gold

I'm not above being greedy, so i'll ask for beijing :muahaha:

27 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Oh man if only Yuzu knew this. He will go to 4CC to get gold before he retires lol. 4CC 3 silver curse come on break!!!

You can be sure he knows it.  Remember, this is the guy who strategizes on a level qualitatively higher than his competition.  He's a chess player, not a checkers player.  As for my ideal season for him, the way to exit in full glory - A sweep.  Gold everywhere - Skate America (Nathan's home turf), Skate Canada (even IF Patrick is skating), GPF, Japanese nationals, 4CC and Worlds.  Looking, instead, at a four year trek to Beijing, don't have to do everything in one season, but during the course I'd like him to win gold in all six different GP events and in every GPF, getting back to old habits there.  Then 4CC, and multiple times, getting gold for every silver from there he now has.  Setting a new set of records (in FS) to take into account the new parameters there.  Of course he'll need to make a Japanese nationals gold an annual event for him.  All in all, I'd like to see him dominate these next four seasons (if he goes the distance) even more thoroughly than he has these last four.  If he finishes with that record even the doubters (except for a very few who doubt on principle) will proclaim him GOAT.  Does Yuzu himself want to be GOAT?  Perhaps, but I think for him it's more important just to be perfect.

PS - A 4A also, and maybe the first quint.