General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

:8788161:

11 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Well, they did have to work extra hard with the Pooh rain, it's only fair.

9 minutes ago, Anya said:

This is what they deserve after some of them being hit on the head by Pooh bears :laughing:

2 minutes ago, robin said:

Aww he probably feels sorry because 90% of their work consists of picking up his Poohs in a hurry 

Your reactions are all along the same line:smiley-laughing021:

18 minutes ago, robin said:

Aww he probably feels sorry because 90% of their work consists of picking up his Poohs in a hurry 

25 minutes ago, Anya said:

This is what they deserve after some of them being hit on the head by Pooh bears :laughing:

They were the proud few survivors of the "pick up pooh bears" skating skills exercise from hell

Or you know, they could just be adorable....

59 minutes ago, eagle said:

Any Japanese speaker can translate what Yuzuru said at the end before cameras were off. On the tv version can hear him say "Oshi, Oshi' 

not a jpn speaker, but I thought I heard him say "Yoshi!", which means something like "Alright!!" 

EDIT also the "i" is silent 

Ci

48 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

MAYBE????BEIJING ???? Is this new?

Sounds like recycled news to me? He was def asked abt Beijing in the days after his win and he replied something like that if my memory isn't failing me (I mean.. what else is he supposed to say)

1 hour ago, turquoiseblue said:

My favourite part of this interview was actually:

"It’s such a cool feeling when you stand by the board surrounded by a large number of people and realize that all these people  look at what Yuzu and Javi do rather then at their own athletes"

I always wondered whether that was precisely what was happening at the rinks, and it's nice to have it confirmed! Makes me proud to have my boys held in such regard! 

Man of integrity, Mr Brian Orser.

Would you like the International Skating Union (ISU) to raise the age of eligibility for figure skaters to perform in senior competitions?

– No. I am quite satisfied with the current state of affairs. Despite the fact that Yuzuru Hanyu, skating in my group, won two Olympics in a row, and before that Yuna Kim, medals have never been a paramount task for me. I put all my knowledge in each of these athletes, but first of all I tried to keep them healthy people, that figure skating gave them pleasure. Only then a person can love training. In the same way, I consider my coaching responsibility all that happens to my athlete after he left sport. So that he does not leave the ice completely devastated, with the thought that all the invested efforts went to dust, if suddenly it was not possible to win this or that medal.