General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I know, I hit pause and laughed for a while, too. His expression - fed up, resigned to losing the rest of his hair, proud of his boys, and yet also unable to just not think of how incredible it would be if (when) he did it.

I want that perfect expression 'ung on me wall.

22 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

My favourite moment of this whole season, more than Olympics SEIMEI choreo sequence of extreme joy, is Borser nearly spitting his coffee when he heard "quad axel."

Wait, he almost spit his coffee!? Where can I find this video? :muahaha:

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

(I would actually kill for Yuzu to skate to this.)

Oh man...this could be a super fun EX. The other one I was thinking of was "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"- would be amazing if we could get an EX where BOrser and his team of TCC boys skated to it together. Think about it.  Ci

@WinForPooh: Actually speaking of 4A's...wait-is that our Prime Minister Pooh doing 4A's? I guess PM Pooh is doing the pre-course training and then will be transfering his knowledge to Yuzu, a la Naruto mode with the shadow clones? o_O

Also, it's great to hear he's kind of back on ice getting the feel for stuff- guess in Sendai though since he's probably still in Japan? Though I hope he really did not go jump happy.

(I would actually kill for Yuzu to skate to this.)

This is it, now all we need is that Yuzu + Pooh pair skate and all in life will be right again

He just can't not be optimistic and i love it :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: Let's heal fast

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

"He's smart," says Orser.

*Flashback Olympic gala practice 5 jump combo*

Well he might not join the first 2 GPs IMO under the new system, since he might want to see how the new rules pan out. Right now, stamina build up first=more efficiency for his jumps, since I don't think he'd agree to sacrificing transitions or steps or choreography for jumps. Of the guys, he might be the only one to go 3//4 with 7 jumps, I think the other guys will likely go 4//3.

And actually Yuzu was smart- he didn't do anything at the practices that would give people an idea of how injured he was. He went for his cleanest jumps and nicest jumps in practice, so nothing he did appeared different than a fully healed Yuzu practice. Icing etc are all normal routine work for skaters and competitive athletes. Sure, people could hypothesize that he was still not fully healed due to that, but maybe about 70-80% back (which was our guess), when in reality he was what less than half back?  It was a superb demonstration of mental chess. Staged to perfection.

11 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

"He's smart," says Orser.

*Flashback Olympic gala practice 5 jump combo*

A master at concealing his true motives :glasses:

(I seriously hope he didn't turn into a cow just released into pasture, but i'd give him some happy but calculated and careful, skipping i guess. It must be excrutiating to wait and wait).

23 minutes ago, Xen said:

Oh man...this could be a super fun EX. The other one I was thinking of was "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"- would be amazing if we could get an EX where BOrser and his team of TCC boys skated to it together. Think about it.  Ci

@WinForPooh: Actually speaking of 4A's...wait-is that our Prime Minister Pooh doing 4A's? I guess PM Pooh is doing the pre-course training and then will be transfering his knowledge to Yuzu, a la Naruto mode with the shadow clones? o_O

Also, it's great to hear he's kind of back on ice getting the feel for stuff- guess in Sendai though since he's probably still in Japan? Though I hope he really did not go jump happy.

I hope he found more things to poke his head through. The space kitty, he might have fun for hours if somebody put a bunch of big cardboard boxes on the ice. :laughing: 

1 minute ago, tafattsbarn said:

A master at concealing his true motives :glasses:

(I seriously hope he didn't turn into a cow just released into pasture, but i'd give him some happy but calculated and careful, skipping i guess. It must be excrutiating to wait and wait).

Stroking exercises...baby steps to get stamina up and get a feel for the ice.

I'm terrified and excited by how good his edge control could be, in case he really just does nothing but those TCC SS exercises as part of his "recovery". :knc_tracy1:

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Stroking exercises...baby steps to get stamina up and get a feel for the ice.

I'm terrified and excited by how good his edge control could be, in case he really just does nothing but those TCC SS exercises as part of his "recovery". :knc_tracy1:

Here's to him having the comeback of the century :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I wouldn't expect any less than him trying to fix and improve all these small knick knacks that might've been left untended while busy with competition. Soon he will be the true edge lord *cringe, i'm sorry lmao*

16 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Here's to him having the comeback of the century :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I wouldn't expect any less than him trying to fix and improve all these small knick knacks that might've been left untended while busy with competition. Soon he will be the true edge lord *cringe, i'm sorry lmao*

High speed StSq4's incoming. *drool*

19 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

Bad puns! YES! Post often with bad puns!