General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, MajaHled said:

I was watching parts of the gala on the TV on Eurosport today. My step sister came in and watched with me for a while (she doesn't know anything about FS) and when Yuzu appeared, she was like: is that a guy or a girl...? She's like that age gender app thingy that keeps saying yuzu is an 18 year old girl :rofl:And then she went on and said his movements are very female-like. So I wanted to show her something manlier. I thought Seimei and LGC would do the trick. They didn't, she still said it was girly :facepalm:

The fact that Yuzu has an androgynous face is not something most of us haven't noticed, but I think you might have chosen a better example, PW from Sochi, the SP version, not the team version.  LGC might have worked but the costume there is not overly masculine.  The bright blue shirt and Yuzu's own mannerisms in the PW performance I think are overwhelmingly masculine, what I have termed to others when discussing the performance and choreography - a young buck strutting his stuff.  If it wasn't impractical because of stiffness and weight, a black leather biker's jacket,  partially zipped, would have really clinched the argument.  I did note in an earlier post that Yuzu has an almost archetypical anime face, with the inverted triangle for the shape, which is fairly androgynous.  The thing is that Yuzu has those particular kinds of male features that are 'beautiful' rather than 'handsome'.  Compare him to Takahashi and you can see what I mean.  It is, in fact, those features he possesses which will have people thinking he's barely out of his teens when he's entering his forties.  He'll be greatly envied then.

25 minutes ago, MajaHled said:

I was watching parts of the gala on the TV on Eurosport today. My step sister came in and watched with me for a while (she doesn't know anything about FS) and when Yuzu appeared, she was like: is that a guy or a girl...? She's like that age gender app thingy that keeps saying yuzu is an 18 year old girl :rofl:And then she went on and said his movements are very female-like. So I wanted to show her something manlier. I thought Seimei and LGC would do the trick. They didn't, she still said it was girly :facepalm:

Yuzu is the only person I know to be very pretty and handsome at the same time! Here are some photos and gifs...if she's not convinced then there's nothing you can do. =P

yir-anan-3.jpg098624abec10adafae0ea091fab78fdb.jpgb470dccfa9b774f7c8b745ce195d122d.jpg

giphy.giftenor.giftumblr_n0xsw5BD6M1tszb8po2_500.gif

And...Seimei starring as a Jedi :laughing:

skatewars.gif

49 minutes ago, MajaHled said:

Perhaps your sibling is just trying to annoy you?

You should show her that photo of him surrounded by all those gorgeous female skaters. 

55 分ぐらい, MajaHledさんが言いました:

SEIMEI didn't work? I'm beginning to think her idea of girly is non-traditionally masculine aka Fernandez, Chan etc. I don't think her mind can be changed unless she sits down and gets to know his character. I mean, I only really found him to be just as manly as others, more so in fact, after I realized what his character is like. But I'm guessing her sitting down and studying the character of some guy with a girly face and a slender figure to match doing a sport that isn't reputed to be the most testosterone-fueled isn't something that's going to happen. Take one more shot with COC 14 FS and see what she says? If she still stubbornly refuses to see it, then let her wallow in her blindness and ignorance, I say. >_<

Yeah, I don't think I'll convince her :rofl:She is knows a thing or two about dancing, and she said his movements (rather than his face really) are very feminine, especially this arm movements. So that's why I thought Seimei would work, since the movements there are kinda sharper and less, how to put it, flowy? But she still sees it there no matter what :smiley-laughing021: And  yeah, LGC probably wasn't the best choice, since PPOS do make his hips look very wide, even more so compared to his not so wide shoulders, she especially pointed it out on the final spin position. And the other skaters she saw were mostly guys from pairs, so I think she might have a different idea than me about what an average skater looks like. Well, whatever, I'll leave her to her opinion :shrug::laughing:

ETA: No point in arguing really, but she did start it when she was laughing all throughout Notte Stellata :animated-smileys-angry-033:

This might sound off and I promise I'm not being racist or stereotypical, but @MajaHled are you (and hence your sister) by any chance caucasian/european?

As an Asian living in the UK, I've realised from conversations with local friends that many male Asian features just look much more distinctly feminine then an Asian might see it being. Probably due to the marked difference in facial bone structure for the general causcasian/european male (or female really!) just being MUCH more angled than the much smoother and rounder facial features that are can be commonly found in Japanese/Korean/Chinese etc Asians. Like there are SO MANY male asian celebrities that I would NEVER in a million years think looked feminine but local friends just genuinely got really confused! :tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:

But this is just my tiny opinion from life experience, and I have no idea whether this is true or not! :peekapooh:

7 分ぐらい, MajaHledさんが言いました:

Yeah, I don't think I'll convince her :rofl:She is knows a thing or two about dancing, and she said his movements (rather than his face really) are very feminine, especially this arm movements. So that's why I thought Seimei would work, since the movements there are kinda sharper and less, how to put it, flowy? But she still sees it there no matter what :smiley-laughing021: And  yeah, LGC probably wasn't the best choice, since PPOS do make his hips look very wide, even more so compared to his not so wide shoulders, she especially pointed it out on the final spin position. And the other skaters she saw were mostly guys from pairs, so I think she might have a different idea than me about what an average skater looks like. Well, whatever, I'll leave her to her opinion :shrug::laughing:

Oh. In that case, I think we can take it as a compliment. :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

This might sound off and I promise I'm not being racist or stereotypical, but @MajaHled are you (and hence your sister) by any chance caucasian/european?

As an Asian living in the UK, I've realised from conversations with local friends that many male Asian features just look much more distinctly feminine then an Asian might see it being. Probably due to the marked difference in facial bone structure for the general causcasian/european male (or female really!) just being MUCH more angled than the much smoother and rounder facial features that are can be commonly found in Japanese/Korean/Chinese etc Asians. Like there are SO MANY male asian celebrities that I would NEVER in a million years think looked feminine but local friends just genuinely got really confused! :tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:

But this is just my tiny opinion from life experience, and I have no idea whether this is true or not! :peekapooh:

Yeah, you might have a point there, we're both european. But I never really viewed Yuzu as feminine, so I guess we just have a differet idea about what masculinity looks like :laughing:

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh. In that case, I think we can take it as a compliment. :biggrin:

True that, minus the fact she somehow found it really funny and wouldn't stop laughing :shrug:

3 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I'm an Asian living in the US. My mom saw me watching Yuzu skate on my phone. She asked me if he was a girl ... I said No. Then she asked if he was gay...I said No. :slinkaway:

5 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I'm an Asian living in the US. My mom saw me watching Yuzu skate on my phone. She asked me if he was a girl ... I said No. Then she asked if he was gay...I said No. :slinkaway:

. . . . I have no idea then lol. :smiley-laughing021:

Lol I wish there was some way to poll us satellites on PH haha. Now I'm curious! How many of us, the very first time we saw Yuzu, thought he was a girl??