General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, xeyra said:

I disagree here. Clean Yuzu will always win the SP even with Nathan going clean, despite lower BV, unless Nathan suddenly starts getting +3 on all his jumping passes and 45-46 PCS. Shoma and Yuzu have too close a BV that if both clean, Yuzu will win. 

Key word here, of course, being going clean. Which Yuzu needs to be a bit more in his SP from now on. :laughing:

Xeyra! I was trying to keep people's expectations down. T_T I think if Yuzu skates every SP clean, it's going to be WR or near WR each time, since the 4Lo has a higher BV than his 4S. 

But I don't disagree with your math-clean Yuzu honestly slays everyone within range on GOEs and PCs. He just needs to skate relatively cleanly and let the math do the work. 

Speaking of which, if you don't mind me asking, given Yuzu's GOEs and PCs scores, if he doesn't get 1st place after SP,  how many points does he need to stay within to let his GOEs and PCs do the work in the long? Assuming he and everyone else has their normal scores on both and go clean? 

@Geo1: but you watched ACI chopin live and he kind of...slayed it there, so no jinx really...

I should probably apologize more likely because I've been letting out more crazy stuff into the universe...like yolo 4Lz2Ts. :slinkaway:

50 minutes ago, kaerb said:

lol congrats on Yuzu's 'eros' jacket removal method going viral on JP twitter, there's at least two versions of the same clip that collectively have over 250k likes & the YOI fandom has claimed it too :xD:

also resulting in the most hilarious headlines

even slow mos are getting like 700+ likes W TF 

Uhh, so smooth, using only one hand . It’s amazing that fans find all the little things he does are soooo adorable ! And against what I have learned to distinguish between facts and opinion , I have no doubt that it’s the undeniable fact that everything Yuzu does is sooooo adorable   :joy:

10 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I... actually like his neat hair in this.

They all look vaguely CGI'd in this especially when moving because I assume the camera was filmed at a very high fps, which is kind of giving me uncanny valley vibes. 

I was also wondering why he looked so different and it's because they put makeup on his eyebrows and he's somehow popped out both his double eyelids lolol :xD:

5 minutes ago, kaerb said:

They all look vaguely CGI'd in this especially when moving because I assume the camera was filmed at a very high fps, which is kind of giving me uncanny valley vibes. 

I was also wondering why he looked so different and it's because they put makeup on his eyebrows and he's somehow popped out both his double eyelids lolol :xD:

Uh, have you ever heard of eyelids tape? 

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Uh, have you ever heard of eyelids tape? 

I'm the breed of Chinese who gets triple/quadruple eyelids when I'm sleepy & makes my eyes super droopy so it's never factored into my personal experience, but that would make....sense if they used it (that being said, it IS possible to pop your eyelids if you're looking up at the right angle apparently). 

Kind of wish they didn't though, he looks kind of weird ;;

Watching all the skating on the Olympic Channel right now (well I missed the mens but the free airs live). The Planet Hanyu banner is in a great spot, I'm seeing it on tv all the time! :smiley-happy085::smiley-happy085: So many banners there for our boy. He is so loved. <3<3 Several were from ACI, I can tell. 

13 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

holy drama :xD:

I know right. So dramatic. :laughing::laughing:

46 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Uhh, so smooth, using only one hand . It’s amazing that fans find all the little things he does are soooo adorable ! And against what I have learned to distinguish between facts and opinion , I have no doubt that it’s the undeniable fact that everything Yuzu does is sooooo adorable   :joy:

It's the Japanese culture of attention to detail. :biggrin: