General Yuzuru Chat

I'm Japanese (and not so young haha). Do I use 命を懸けるa lot? Actually, I've never used the phrase in my whole life except when I was at school.

We used to play like "それ本当? 命懸ける?""嘘だよ、でもほら!", writing 命 on the paper. 懸ける and 書ける(can write) have the same pronunciation.

Sorry, :offtopic:

Anyway, I've never used it because I have never challenged something so hard in my life... and I feel like the words have certain weight though of course it shouldn't be taken literally.

I believe Yuzu said it as metaphor, to show how determined he is. I just feel nervous as his words were literal in 2014, but Yuzu has grown and learned many things since. He will be fine.

6 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

I'm Japanese (and not so young haha). Do I use 命を懸けるa lot? Actually, I've never used the phrase in my whole life except when I was at school.

We used to play like "それ本当? 命懸ける?""嘘だよ、でもほら!", writing 命 on the paper. 懸ける and 書ける(can write) have the same pronunciation.

Sorry, :offtopic:

Anyway, I've never used it because I have never challenged something so hard in my life... and I feel like the words have certain weight though of course it shouldn't be taken literally.

I believe Yuzu said it as metaphor, to show how determined he is. I just feel nervous as his words were literal in 2014, but Yuzu has grown and learned many things since. He will be fine.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like it's used a lot a lot. ^_^; I just meant it's not that unusual a phrase, although admittedly, it was mostly in dramas and movies that I saw it used, so in more dramatic circumstances. It still has weight, and not to be said lightly, but it's not really, literally do or die.

Also, I think the 命を懸ける part was part play on words and part detailing 一生懸命 because of the use of the same words/kanji. He often does these kind of puns or plays on words, and I think it's another proof that he didn't mean it literally. Since 一生懸命 is more commonly used - although not to e used/taken lightly either. I think, at least ^_^;

5 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

Well, was it more coincedence though? The event in CoC wasn't exactly as he intended, but I think the entire "die or die trying" really only came into play 2015/2016, which is a season after. But he's learned after risking his career, and I think his idea that he's not even at 100% of his full potential will hopefully prevent him from going too hard on his body. 

He's still young, and other than Plushenko, Todd Eldredge  was still competing in the olympics past age 30  (he competed at 2002 when he was already age 31) and placed Sixth!  So if Yuzu lurks here, hopefully this is food for thought for him.

42 minutes ago, Floria said:

:smiley-laughing021:Yes, I guess we shouldn't worry too much.

But I still prefer "Beyond the light" UA t-shirt inscription to "win gold or die" thing.

See, if this tweet had been brought here instead, no one would be angsting over the translation:

Just now, xeyra said:

My favorite part about this photo is Javi's obliviousness. He's just happily smiling away. 

Oh he definitely felt the laser glare directed towards him (or his medal rather). He's received it twice already, he knows what it feels like.

hace 20 minutos , xeyra said:

See, if this tweet had been brought here instead, no one would be angsting over the translation:

There is only 10 days left until Rostelecom. I guess we will overreact to every bit of news, good or bad, the next two weeks.

Ahora, Smultron said:

Only 10 days???? :10636614: 

Woah

I'm not ready to be an emotional mess so soon again :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I can't believe it's next week. And with so many competitions to watch between ACI and Rostelecom time flies really fast.

My biggest problem right know is to figure out how to watch SP live while I'am still at work (13.00). Bathroom again I guess :facepalm: 

46 minutes ago, xeyra said:

My favorite part about this photo is Javi's obliviousness. He's just happily smiling away. 

I think to Javi, Yuzu's glares are a bit like a ferocious yorkie. I think he's learned not to let them get to him lol (Also, he know he's not the main target of them, anyway lol) (His reaction in that drawing/SP protocol video was similar. Yuzu was all intense, and "Must beat record in FP, too!!!" as usual, and Javi's like "LOL you're almost perfect, but not quite" Well, my interpretation of their expressions :P)

4 minutes ago, Floria said:

I can't believe it's next week. And with so many competitions to watch between ACI and Rostelecom time flies really fast.

My biggest problem right know is to figure out how to watch SP live while I'am still at work (13.00). Bathroom again I guess :facepalm: 

Ugh, I might end up missing it, it's right at dinner time for me, and I have to attend a business dinner. :13877886:

Hope for a good result because I don't want to head to saturday skating practice with bad feelings.

hace 1 minuto , Xen said:

Ugh, I might end up missing it, it's right at dinner time for me, and I have to attend a business dinner. :13877886:

Probably it's better for your survival, especially if we about to get SP with 4Lz :laughing:. I know beforehand I will be unable to do anything at all at work on Friday 20.

9 minutes ago, Floria said:

Probably it's better for your survival, especially if we about to get SP with 4Lz :laughing:. I know beforehand I will be unable to do anything at all at work on Friday 20.

Wait where do you live? At what Russian time will there be the SP on friday??