General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

I love his same nature photos. :rofl:

He NEEDS to have another real photoshoot like anan. Maybe after Olympics

Oh I'd love more photoshoots for Yuzuru... I want more Photos of him in traditional clothes. He looks damn good in hakama etc...wish he would do sth with a Kimono Brand...yeah I know that's wishful thinking but let me dream..

25 minutes ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

I'm wondering, if we put one of his death glare picture in that app will he still be a girl? :confused:. I'll be amused if he still is. :smiley-laughing021:

Someone needs to try that out with his Chopin Angry face...if he's still a girl, man his complex will explode.

Speaking of which, seeing him live at ACI, I really wonder if his waist is even bigger than 26 inches/65 cm? His waistline is tiiinnnyy...

I kind of wish Yuzuru had kept his Let's go crazy SP out of two reasons: 

1. Just went to see Kingsman the golden Circle and !minor spoiler in white!: the opening fight scene went with that music, which guarantees casual fans to love the Let's go crazy SP

2. He makes a minor mistake in the SP and therefore ends up going completely clean in the FS, winning gold. With Chopin, I feel Yuzuru just feels too comfortable, which results in a great SP, but then at the FS he'll be going into as the lead and we all know he's better when placed in the underdog situation

I've been thinking of this too-comfortable-after-good-SP-botches-FS phenomenon - it might happen at the GP but I don't think it'll happen at the Olympics. The stakes are just too high and Yuzu will have in mind his messy FS from Sochi and at the same time he will have in mind how much more competetive his rival are now. There's no way he'll be too relaxed. (He might, howver, end up too tense for the very same reasons... ::slinkaway:)

4 minutes ago, Eclair said:

2. He makes a minor mistake in the SP and therefore ends up going completely clean in the FS, winning gold. With Chopin, I feel Yuzuru just feels too comfortable, which results in a great SP, but then at the FS he'll be going into as the lead and we all know he's better when placed in the underdog situation

Actually, he's gone clean in the FS even after a great SP, GPF 2015 being a prime example-clean both ways and WR taken. He was also 1st in the SP for Sochi 14, though not a clean FS, he made the least costly mistakes perhaps to seal the deal.

I also don't think Yuzu is not in an underdog position. If we shift focus to the TES score and just pure BV, he is actually slightly an underdog, as his layout's BV is definitely not the highest amongst the guys now (that's Nate's). He does rely only his GOE and PCS scores to boost him past the higher BVs. Those are his strengths yes, but it's also a part of skating that is more subjective than BVs. Heading into the season, if you follow J-media and Ice Network, you would think that Nate and Shoma are stronger than him; the latest ACI FS pop concert probably does not help (though media is more psoitive than I thought it would be), so it remains to be seen what will happen rest of the season.

22 minutes ago, Eclair said:

I don't think it's a good strategy. With the monster BV of Nathan, Boyang, and Shoma for the free everyone needs to have a clean-ish short to be a podium contender. The short is sort of an even playing field what with it just having 7 elements. They can backload but there's a maximum limit to what score they could get. And as we've seen with LGC, a minor mistake can get him into trouble with that program as it's able to disrupt the flow (apart from maybe gpf'16). And we know that the SP performance can affect the Free skate score sometimes. At this point it's too much of a risk. He needs to be at least in the top 3 post SP. Worlds'17 was a bit of an anomaly and I think if Javi had been clean-ish he would've won.

3 hours ago, katonice said:

Thanks so much @gladi for all your hard work on the subtitled video! :thanks:

Fascinating to get a glimpse of what was happening behind the scenes, and the emotions and thoughts that brought about and resulted from this performance.

As always, it has brought renewed awe and respect for what these athletes, and esp. Yuzu, are able to do out there on the ice, amidst all the pressure and expectations surrounding them. I guess that's why their triumphs can bring us to unprecedented highs with them, knowing what they had to go through to achieve them.

ETA: I hadn't realised that I'd captured that moment when Yuzu jumped a 3A in order to recapture the attention of the crowd. Here it is uploaded on Youtube: 

they should have asked you for the footage XD XD

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Someone needs to try that out with his Chopin Angry face...if he's still a girl, man his complex will explode.

Speaking of which, seeing him live at ACI, I really wonder if his waist is even bigger than 26 inches/65 cm? His waistline is tiiinnnyy...

Yup chopin devil face will be perfect!! :2thumbsup:. If his waistline is or lower than 26 I'm gonna punch him in the face!! :animated-smileys-angry-035:Kidding!! I won't even try. I'll lose if he fights back. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

NYbJCM6.jpg

Edit by me