General Yuzuru Chat

NTV's 24hour TV site has a more comprehensive schedule of appearances at:

http://www.ntv.co.jp/24h/sphone/2017/?cid=01

The Yuzu segment is from 20:50 Japan time to 21:00, after which there is a drama episode.

"

26日(土)20:50ごろ
「フィギュア羽生結弦 テレビ初告白 少年と夢のアイスショーwith 郷ひろみ」

2歳の時に小児ぜんそくと診断された羽生結弦選手が、病気を言い訳にせず世界のトップで戦い続ける思いをテレビで初告白。今回、羽生選手は同じぜんそくの少年にスケートを指導。郷ひろみと共に病気に負けないで頑張っている子ども達にエールを送る夢のアイスショーを開催します。"

Just now, kaerb said:

omg apparently 2 weeks before Worlds, Yuzu had an asthma attack. It hurt and he couldn't breathe, but then he still skated that perfect program ; ___ ; 

The day before the SP at WC, there was a post in Russian VK forum that a volunteer saw Yuzuru having trouble with breathing and he had to skip practice that day. So... I am glad he still won. The rest is history.

1 minute ago, meoima said:

The day before the SP at WC, there was a post in Russian VK forum that a volunteer saw Yuzuru having trouble with breathing and he had to skip practice that day. So... I am glad he still won. The rest is history.

I had no idea, wow ))): It's so easy to forget he's living with this disease and that it could strike any time. Imagine how terrifying it would be to have it happen while on the ice.... /TOUCHES ALL THE WOOD IN THE WORLD ))): If there's anything to pray for, it is his health at all times ):

Can I just say it here because I can't hold it in anymore ...

I respect and love Yuzuru Hanyu so much...

after I saw that segment about how Yuzu fights his asthma with such will ( having an attack as recently as just two weeks before his miraculous performance in Helsinki even...)I have even more new found love and respect for this amazing human being.

He never once complain about it, making everyone think that he is an alien with the beauty and perfection on ice he created...but is actually just very very brave and hardworking and persevering.

his performance this time is so touching and beautiful because he is determined to pass down his experience to encourage the skating kid who also has asthma with his own skating...:sadPooh:

10 minutes ago, meoima said:

He really deserve all the respects. And I'm sure he made sure that there was no media coverage on this :sorrow: :sadPooh:

33 minutes ago, kamotejojo said:

The early uploads:

ROUGHLY translating the third video:

Hosts: That was superb/amazing!

Yuzu: Even though I had a lot of hard times, it is really joyful to be able to make such a production with great people. I skated with that thought. 

Host: How was it, to see Hanyu-senshuu jump right in front of your eyes?

Sora: It has become a much harder layout than 3 years ago...

Yuzu: That's right...that's right

Hosts: He's giving critique like a professional!

Yuzu: I thought if I could skate like this in front of Sora, he would be able to have motivation to do the difficult things, and have a good image/example to use when he's facing practice (moving ahead with practice?). 

Host: Sora-kun, have you decided anything based on today's experiences? 

Sora: I want to become an athlete who will challenge difficult things like Hanyu-senshuu

Yuzu: If you rotate two more times, you can jump a quad. It's only two rotations!

The text above the group photo says: I want to jump a quad! (doubles first!)