General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

exactly!  i heard in a sport program that there are guys who tackle the quads for the points and cuz they have to (and don't actually enjoy it), and there are guys who tackle the quads because they LOVE it!

boyang said in an interview that he loves the feeling of doing quads!  that's why he wants to do an all quad program (LOL)

from yuzu's interviews i think he really loves those jumps too!

4Lz and 4F are things of beauty when done right. They should be the jumps with the greatest height and distance. I normally can't directly feel my jump's height or distance, but I recall the first time I did a flip correctly I was estatic. Not just because I did a flip OMG, but because I could feel the height I got. It felt like flying. 

Just now, sublimeskating said:

LOL brian :xD:

it's not just yuzu, his whole training team is very theatrical!!!  no wonder they get along so well!  :laughing:

Thank gods for Javi eh? The only guy chill enough to prevent total hair loss by Brian/ aka why Brian still has hair. 

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Because... and this is one and only reason I did not like LGC.. the youtube vids kept getting copyright claims and get muted. (Javi's Elvis LP and Patrick's Beatles SP were hard to find unmuted as well)

I assumed so but I had a strong feeling I'd watched B.ESP everything. Off I go a-hunting!

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Thank gods for Javi eh? The only guy chill enough to prevent total hair loss by Brian/ aka why Brian still has hair. 

You can see how he beams when he talks about Javi in interviews (so does David) and how the smile fades and the hair follicles loosen when he's asked about Yuzu. :laughing: Poor fellow.

20 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Which of Boyang's 4Lz3T had the previous record, you recall? I'd like to see it!

Nevermind, found it. Boyang's best 4Lz3T was from his Worlds 2017 SP, in which he got +2 GOE for a total of 19.90. Nathan's at 4CC got 2.43 GOE for a total of 20.33. 

And I'll have to agree, now that I see both in quick succession. I think Nathan transitioned better to the 3T but Boyang's distance and height on the 4Lz were so much better! They both had an average extension on exit. I'd give the edge to Boyang's based on these two best scored attempts. But it's different competitions, so it's a moot point.  

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Nevermind, found it. Boyang's best 4Lz3T was from his Worlds 2017 SP, in which he got +2 GOE for a total of 19.90. Nathan's at 4CC got 2.43 GOE for a total of 20.33. 

And I'll have to agree, now that I see both in quick succession. I think Nathan transitioned better to the 3T but Boyang's distance and height on the 4Lz were so much better! They both had an average extension on exit. I'd give the edge to Boyang's based on these two best scored attempts. But it's different competitions, so it's a moot point.  

We need judges who live outside time and space who can score things having seen all skating throughout eternity on the one plane.

Or I should just come down from this Boyang 4lz high.