General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

tbh i think yuzu suffers a bit from age distortion. like when you're 20, 25-26 seems kinda old and like an age you should totally be ready to marry and have kids at but then time flies and you turn 26 and you realise there is no way in hell. Yuzuru seems very intelligent and mature but whenever he lets slip his age-related expectations/ attitude towards age some of his immaturity slips out :P he thinks 30 is a super old guy etc. because he's still a baby XD

*i say as a 26 year old who has not got my life together at all and only recently formed some kind of vague idea of what i want to do and a long-term plan. i'm barely ready to have a pet never mind a child*

Agree,I remember he was asked once,how he sees himself in the future and he said "I will be 28 years old!" with an expression as if it was "I'll be 100 years old!"

I think he has the tendency to relate his age to his skating career, which is why his answers seem to be a little bit unusual. The competitive life of a figure skater is quite short, especially with the increasing technical requirements in the men's field. By 30, a skater is considered old and on the brink of retirement so Yuzuru's reaction is understandable for me, at least.

Ofc, he makes it seem like his life will be over at 30...But that's how youth works in geneal :biggrin:. I am sure he will change his mind-set after r***ing.

Just now, Saya said:

I think he has the tendency to relate his age to his skating career, which is why his answers seem to be a little bit unusual. The competitive life of a figure skater is quite short, especially with the increasing technical requirements in the men's field. By 30, a skater is considered old and on the brink of retirement so Yuzuru's reaction is understandable for me, at least.

Ofc, he makes it seem like his life will be over at 30...But that's how youth works in geneal :biggrin:. I am sure he will change his mind-set after r***ing.

Ballet is the same. It’s quite amusing to hear 20 year olds discuss their retirement plans. :biggrin:

A little pick me up for everyone. If you want to show your love as international fans of Yuzu, try to send him fanmail. Nonchan sent one in 2012 - got a response in 2014... hasn't sent one again but received a response recently! Here's another instance of him responding to fanmail.

You send it to the official JSF address, writing Yuzuru’s name as the receiver:

Japan Skating Federation
Mr./Ms. _____________(please write clearly the name of the skater whom you send to)
Kishi Memorial Gymnasium 1-1-1 Jinnan, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8050 Japan

There are rules to what you can send:

• Please write clearly the skater’s name (whom you send to) on the surface of the envelope or on the invoice.
  • Transfer fee is not required. Please do not enclose stamps etc.
  • Please note that the following items are not accepted
    • foods (for safety of skaters)
    • animals & plants(including potted plants)
    • valuables (precious metals, jewelry, etc.), cash vouchers, gift certificates, etc.
    • letters/presents sent to those who don’t belong to JSF(professional skaters, foreign skaters etc.)
  • Please note that we don’t accept the request of forwarding before the specified date (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, etc.)

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

A little pick me up for everyone. If you want to show your love as international fans of Yuzu, try to send him fanmail. Nonchan sent one in 2012 - got a response in 2014... hasn't sent one again but received a response recently! Here's another instance of him responding to fanmail.

He still answers mail?! :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: What a kind superstar!

ETA What is up with the no animals? They say it on NHK and GPF sites, too! What the hell have people been sending?!

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I would actually really like to as some international fan rep (also i'm a lucky duck who got to see him at 4CC and will go to Olympics :P i'd like to praise him haha) but I don't know...any...japanese. 

4 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I would actually really like to as some international fan rep (also i'm a lucky duck who got to see him at 4CC and will go to Olympics :P i'd like to praise him haha) but I don't know...any...japanese. 

Maybe if you write it in English it will become invaluable study material for him. :P

2 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

Nor harm in trying. It might take a while to receive a response though from what I can tell... and the response will prolly be in Japanese. :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow: He (or his team) does attach little gifts / trinkets when he replies (if you check out the links I provided... the 2012 one he sent a gold feather bookmark and a personal message using a pooh stationary :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:). Better to send one now while he's still active because as stated above you can't send fanmail to JSF for professional (re-tired) skaters.

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

Maybe if you write it in English it will become invaluable study material for him. :P

I DO teach English haha I should try to motivate him to study (I don't think his English is that bad anyway... He has pretty nice pronunciation just not a whole lot of vocabulary and I imagine at competitions and stuff it's just a bit stressful and annoying to try to put his Super Deep thoughts into super basic English vocabulary lmao) Maybe I will try to send it befire the olympics but he probably wouldnt get it until afterwards ;A;

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

Nor harm in trying. It might take a while to receive a response though from what I can tell... and the response will prolly be in Japanese. :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow: He (or his team) does attach little gifts / trinkets when he replies (if you check out the links I provided... the 2012 one he sent a gold feather bookmark and a personal message using a pooh stationary :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:). Better to send one now while he's still active because as stated above you can't send fanmail to JSF for professional (re-tired) skaters.

I wonder if he really reads them... :idk:

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I wonder if he really reads them... :idk:

I know back in 2012 after the Tohoku earthquake he personally replied to every fanmail. Not sure now since he's sure to get tons of fanmail (and his busy schedule as well). But the fact that some people get responses years later makes me think that he might actually read them?  haha.. Maybe keep it short and sweet - higher likelihood of him reading it.

2 hours ago, meoima said:

This is misleading. People's love for some certain thing cannot be explained. I love what I love no one can force me to love something I do not like.

JSF or any other entity CAN NOT force the fans to love skaters they do not care.

Just like ISU CAN NOT force Yuna's fans to pay for competitions she does not attend. Because of Yuna, they spent time and money for her, it's their feelings and their time/money, who can force anyone to invest all those things for something they do not like?

If not for Yuzuru, many people here would have never invested all their emotions, time and money for skating in general, that is the truth. Many of my friends would never spend thousands of USD to fly around the world to see skaters who are not Yuzuru. 

I love someone there is no need to explain and justify my love, and no one can force me to love things they hope I will love. JSF has done enough to promote all the skaters they can, the fact is that if they want to slow down Yuzuru's fans just to make people have a feeling that all skaters are loved... is WRONG and naive. Some people are just loved more and there is this fact it can not be changed.

Anyway, Yuzuru is fine with all of this so I am fine. As long as he is practicing already and staying healthy, all the storm in Japan can just go to hell. 

Of course I don't necessarily agree with what the JSF is doing, and I wouldn't want to defend the methods they're employing.

I guess it just hasn't made me too upset yet, since I do think they have the right to promote their other skaters, as long as it's still within reasonable bounds.

Now if they start doing this for several magazines, for a number of issues/editions, then that's another matter. 

(And those dubious photoshopped images that got printed in newspapers a while back, those types of tactics are a bit too underhanded and are a big no, whoever's responsible for them.).

I do agree that they can't make readers like specific athlets simply by "force feeding" them their hand-picked content.

But I guess I can understand the exasperation if they want more exposure for their other skaters, and the magazines are just not willing to give them the page space for it.

What I heard is that the other pages contained articles featuring a mix of other skaters (though I haven't read the magazine myself to confirm this), so at least it's not for the benefit of just one specific skater being favored by JSF.

Again, I'm not trying to paint JSF in a good light. I'm just not yet too disturbed by this specific instance of JSF intervention.

But I do hope there won't be too many more cases like this in the future.

43 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

But we did have the forum name and everything in the banner we hung up, so he must know our existence somehow. Personally, to me, he's more like a little brother I want to cheer from the sidelines. =)

Realistically, I don't know if he's got time for the fanmail replies anymore. 

58 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hmm... I've never sent fan mail to anyone before.

Maybe I should try at least once.

It will probably end up being all in katakana and hiragana though... and then he would think a kindergartener wrote it LOL.

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

ETA What is up with the no animals? They say it on NHK and GPF sites, too! What the hell have people been sending?!

Well IIRC, someone did gift him a tuna once :biggrin: (I don't remember who. Not a fan but some sponsor or something). And we're not talking canned but entire blue tuna. (there was a whole discussion about how many hundred kg that thing can have and how many thousands of $$ it can cost :rofl:)

24 minutes ago, katonice said:

It will probably end up being all in katakana and hiragana though... and then he would think a kindergartener wrote it LOL.

and that would be so bad because we all know how much he despises kids and doesn't pay any extra attention at all to them :biggrin: