General Yuzuru Chat

35 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Nope! Closest rival she's worked for that I know of was Daisuke - she did his Pagliacci program.

I only really took notice of her because of what she's done for Yuzu but I hadn't taken her for someone who would excell at SP, though there's zero basis for that assumption and she's probably wonderful and terrific and I shall be conducting more research right away. 

But here is what she did for (evidently super anime nerd) Kevin Reynolds for his 2015-16 SP. This is one of my favourite tunes ever but I don't like the program at all. Obviously Kevin is a very different skater with about 10 years on Nathan but it's an example of a choreographer needing the right skater as much as a skater needs the right chreographer. So wait until you see Nathan's SP before you freak out. :)

ETA Boy, she's worked with Kevin a lot. And he's done a lot of Japanese music.

Ahem. Shae has done a lot of wonderful work for other skaters, and the glimpses of her work with Nathan we've seen so far are very exciting.

And so what ? It's good for the sport when the programs are thrilling. As long as the best one wins:)

Hace 1 hora, Yuzuextra said:

But shae and nathan combo sounds kinda intimidating :O

They haven't worked together before have they??

They can make awesome SP together, but still everyone has to land their jumps.

9 minutes ago, Altie said:

Ahem. Shae has done a lot of wonderful work for other skaters, and the glimpses of her work with Nathan we've seen so far are very exciting.

And so what ? It's good for the sport when the programs are thrilling. As long as the best one wins:)

I didn't mean to say she hadn't, just that the ones that stood out to me above all else and made me make sure to remember her name (and that set records and changed everythig and are ridiculously amazing) were the ones she did for Yuzu. I quite like other things she's done but they aren't the same level of perfection. 

I only saw a tiny clip of Nathan that was labelled something like "possble SP?" and couldn't really gather much from it. I really liked his SP choreography last year just not the way he skated it. >_> 

I'm also not hoping for other skaters to have crappy choreography. I have other favourites besides Yuzu and I love when skaters can change my mind like Boyang did between 2016 and 2017 worlds. :) It wouldn't be fun watching competitions if Yuzu just walked all over everyone (though, you know...)

hace 16 minutos , SparkleSalad said:

I didn't mean to say she hadn't, just that the ones that stood out to me above all else and made me make sure to remember her name (and that set records and changed everythig and are ridiculously amazing) were the ones she did for Yuzu. I quite like other things she's done but they aren't the same level of perfection. 

I only saw a tiny clip of Nathan that was labelled something like "possble SP?" and couldn't really gather much from it. I really liked his SP choreography last year just not the way he skated it. >_> 

I'm also not hoping for other skaters to have crappy choreography. I have other favourites besides Yuzu and I love when skaters can change my mind like Boyang did between 2016 and 2017 worlds. :) It wouldn't be fun watching competitions if Yuzu just walked all over everyone (though, you know...)

I don't think any of us hope for other skaters to have crappy choreography. I also follow other skaters ( not on the same level, of course),  so decent programs are always welcome. And if the competition is without Yuzu in it I can just relax and enjoy everything  :laughing:. No nail biting, sleepless nights, 100+ pages to catch up, indecent quantities of alcohol and so on.

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

but it's an example of a choreographer needing the right skater as much as a skater needs the right chreographer. So wait until you see Nathan's SP before you freak out. :)

Yess you are so right about that. The relationship between a skater and choreographer is so important, some works better with others and some doesn't.
I dont think we couldve gotten any better match than the shae-yuzu + jeff-yuzu ofc :sadPooh: 

I haven't really seen much of her works except for the masterpieces :bow: she made for yuzu so i need to do some research on that too! ;)
I think i just got a mini freak out for a sec heheh...

Why is it so quiet today i'm still waiting for some footage with shae-lynn and david talking about the programs. hellooo??

6 minutes ago, Floria said:

I don't think any of us hope for other skaters to have crappy choreography. I also follow other skaters ( not on the same level, of course),  so decent programs are always welcome. And if the competition is without Yuzu in it I can just relax and enjoy everything  :laughing:. No nail biting, sleepless nights, 100+ pages to catch up, indecent quantities of alcohol and so on.

I still haven't watched a competition live (they don't broadcast them here) but I will probably be watching the Olympics from heaven. :13877886:

34 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm not surprised by Shae choreographing for other skaters, or even Nathan. I would not be surprised by him executing the SP well artistically, as he's very strong in the SP portion. I would also not be surprised by Nathan winning the SP portion of all competitions he enters into-the highest BV program usually does that for SPs anyways. 

However, I am a bit skeptical of whether Lori Nichol would mesh with him. I would also be skeptical of his ability to execute LP artistically given his jumping layout.  Choreographers can imagine the best program in the world, but skaters must execute them. And on the path to perfect execution, each skater has their music tendencies, stylistic tendencies, layout issues, and how they execute the entry to their jumps. Each jump's entry method preferences also shape the choreography. Yuzu is blessed with having very neat, concise, and quick entries for his jumps, he doesn't need much setup. And that is also a strength he has over other guys- he can adapt to execute a choreography, a choreographer's dream. Not the case for a lot of other skaters.

hace 9 minutos , Xen said:

I'm not surprised by Shae choreographing for other skaters, or even Nathan. I would not be surprised by him executing the SP well artistically, as he's very strong in the SP portion. I would also not be surprised by Nathan winning the SP portion of all competitions he enters into-the highest BV program usually does that for SPs anyways. 

However, I am a bit skeptical of whether Lori Nichol would mesh with him. I would also be skeptical of his ability to execute LP artistically given his jumping layout.  Choreographers can imagine the best program in the world, but skaters must execute them. And on the path to perfect execution, each skater has their music tendencies, stylistic tendencies, layout issues, and how they execute the entry to their jumps. Each jump's entry method preferences also shape the choreography. Yuzu is blessed with having very neat, concise, and quick entries for his jumps, he doesn't need much setup. And that is also a strength he has over other guys- he can adapt to execute a choreography, a choreographer's dream. Not the case for a lot of other skaters.

iirc Nathan already had the highest BV in SP last season but only won in SP once at 4CC?

Of course, anything can happen next season. 

ETA All top skaters work with the same small group of well known choreographers, so I am not scared by the Nathan+Shae-Lynn collaboration, it is a normal thing in FS world.