General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, mercedes said:

What a dream it would be to be there and watching it live ,I’m seriously thinking about it even if there’s still the tickets bloodbath to go through,let wait and see if us Ifans can get a chance.

this said I’m so amazed by Yuzuru and what he’s achieved in just one year of turning pro,he really is unstoppable ♥️

Hide contents

And I pray for a livestream or anything else to watch from home 🤞

It would be amazing to be there and watching it live. Although chances are slim for oversea fans, I am still hopeful. Who knows which lottery and ticket provider will be used this time, maybe we can register without Japanese phone number, credit card, address, etc. :fingerscrossed:

Otherwise, it's at 5pm JST, so not so bad for Europeans to watch the livestreams...:67638860:

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Good luck!

Another article on RE_PRAY

https://artexhibition.jp/topics/news/20230901-AEJ1567021/

I too booked a hotel in the “dream” section and I asked  :help sign: : what does “RE_PRAY” mean  :shrug: , I read the text and saw a mistake it was marked, at one point “2011 to 2012” it would be rather “2023/2024”  :disapproval:    and SATOMI must be on point to highlight Yuzu in sublime costumes :girlsigh:

54 minutes ago, mercedes said:

What a dream it would be to be there and watch it live, I am seriously considering it even though there is still the bloodbath of tickets to go through, let's wait and see if we Ifans can have a chance.

That said, I am so amazed by Yuzuru and what he has accomplished in just one year after turning pro, he is truly unstoppable♥️

Hide content

And I'm praying for a livestream or anything else to watch from home🤞

:agree: with you, as for PROLOGUE and NS : because GIFT with Disney is not easy...... 

4 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Zero chance of seeing any of these but fervently hoping for an accessible live streaming of it - and reasonably hopeful of getting it after last time.

37 minutes ago, mercedes said:

What a dream it would be to be there and watching it live . . . . .

I’m so amazed by Yuzuru and what he’s achieved in just one year of turning pro, he really is unstoppable ♥️ . . . . .

Yes to both of the above  :yes:

Yuzu is amazing  :worship:

Global Code worked quite well in Feb/March (in Germany), let's hope we'll get it or sth similar for the upcoming shows too  :smiley-angelic001:

Spoiler

A tiny bit of nitpicking - very reluctantly, so please don't 'bash' me  :smiley-scared003: 

(but you may throw tomatoes :scared0012:  , I promise not to duck away) :

What meaning is behind the word-combination "RE_PRAY" ? Was it perhaps meant to be "RE_PLAY" ? Especially in view of his reference to the world of games ?

Yes, I read the translations on Twitter and the explanation on "artexhibition-jp" , but I still don't get it   :scratch2:  :slinkaway:

About the show’s name choice in my opinion its probably re-play because of the game concept and living his skater life again but in this time as a professional. Unfortunately as we know in japanese there is no L so they made it re-pray just like the famous japanese rock group one ok rock because its originally one o’clock. also word of praying itself kinda makes sense because yuzu himself has a huge gratitude and respect for everything in his life and this is his own philosophy so i think because of that he decided to make a word game and wanted this duality in meaning. I want to add one last thing that i am so excited for this new tour’s concept and for this very possibly the new programs, costumes, choreography, music and show’s aesthetics in general. I hope everything goes as he wanted and worked for. 

53 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Yes to both of the above  :yes:

Global Code worked quite well in Feb/March (in Germany), let's hope we'll get it or sth similar for the upcoming shows too  :smiley-angelic001:

Hide contents

A tiny bit of nitpicking - very reluctantly, so please don't 'bash' me  :smiley-scared003: 

(but you may throw tomatoes :scared0012:  , I promise not to duck away) :

What meaning is behind the word-combination "RE_PRAY" ? Was it perhaps meant to be "RE_PLAY" ? Especially in view of his reference to the world of games ?

Yes, I read the translations on Twitter and the explanation on "artexhibition-jp" , but I still don't get it   :scratch2:  :slinkaway:

I read he meant to use it as a play on words: Re-Play (replay) for the gaming, and Re - Pray because he talks about weaving in other themes including prayers.

1 hour ago, Beatrice said:

Yes to both answers above  :Yes:

Global Code a plutôt bien fonctionné en février/mars (en Allemagne), espérons que nous l'obtiendrons également pour les prochains concerts.  :smiley-angelic001:

Masquer le contenu

Un tout petit peu de pinaillage - à contrecœur, alors s'il vous plaît, ne me "dénigrez" pas  :smiley-fear003: 

(mais vous pouvez jeter des tomates :scared0012:  , je promets de ne pas vous esquiver) :

Quelle signification se cache derrière la combinaison de mots "RE_P R AY" ? Était-ce peut-être censé être "RE_P L AY" ? Surtout au vu de sa référence au monde du jeu ?

Oui, j'ai lu les traductions sur Twitter et l'explication sur "artexhibition-jp", mais je ne comprends toujours pas   :scratch2:  :slinkaway:

Same as you, good Global Code in France  :2thumbsup: and enjoy  :nod2:  its 3rd part of shows in November in EASY  :fingerscrossed:  and also throwing tomatoes (plus it's the peak of the ripe season  :space:) HELP on this "RE_PRAY"? (English also not easy for me) and  :thankssign:  :thanks:  ALIGATO PAMMI 

31 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I read that he wanted to use it as a pun: Re-Play (replay) for the game, and Re - Pray because it talks about integration into other themes, especially prayers.

:headdesk:  :peace2:  :animated-smileys-character-075:     

We only have one pronunciation for R and L in Japanese.  So, generally, RE-PLAY and RE-PRAY (both リプレイ in katakana characters) sound the same to our ears, unless the person is particularly sensitive to differences in sound (EDIT: or, they are often regarded as the same or confused). Taking this into consideration as well, I suppose Yuzuru wanted to include the meaning of "PRAY" in the show.

I'm not sure this idea is his or not, but I have been amazed by his being an excellent producer of himself :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, TallyT said:

I'll wait to hear how the lottery will be done, I would LOVE to go. If not, there is always (we hope and pray) livestreams and merchandise.

It occurred to me that given the ISU reporting Japanese TV are unhappy with the viewing figures for competitive skating, TV Asahi signing up to partner Yuzuru is... telling :hihi:

Same. I'd love to get a ticket, but those ticket lotteries basically make it impossible to enter as a foreigner

Thank you to  @bubbletea  and  @Pammi  and  @SuzyQ  for the explanations  :thanks:

Spoiler

Another slightly off-topic quote - this one might be just a bit harder to guess, I suppose, but let me give you a tiny tip:

it is from a mini-series remotely related to my previous literary quote.

Scene: after a sort of explanatory conversation :

Mr. X :    I confess I am non the wiser !  :shrug:

Miss Y:  No, sir. But you are better informed.  :wink2:

Hah! I thought Re_Pray sounds familiar, now I know I heard it from where :hihi:

One of Bleach's ending themes was titled Re:Pray (sang by the one and only Aimer). I do get where the difference comes from given the meaning, but still 😎

I'm fairly sure this is just a coincidence but who knows (also what if he gets Aimer to join the tour) :hihi:

Re:Pray is a great song tho, check it out

11 hours ago, mercedes said:

Everything is in is calculations 🤪

Blame his galaxy brain 🤣

5 時間前, Melodieさんが言いました:

Hah! I thought Re_Pray sounds familiar, now I know I heard it from where :hihi:

One of Bleach's ending themes was titled Re:Pray (sang by the one and only Aimer). I do get where the difference comes from given the meaning, but still 😎

I'm fairly sure this is just a coincidence but who knows (also what if he gets Aimer to join the tour) :hihi:

Re:Pray is a great song tho, check it out

Blame his galaxy brain 🤣

The scope and amount of your information are amazing <3 Thank you :thanks:

As Yuzuru says, "This "RE_PRAY" also includes ethics and values from the world of games, which is a big part of my experience," the show including the title seems to have so many metaphors from games, animes, and so on.

Cannot wait.

Anyway, we have to survive the bloodbath ticket battle first.  OK, Saitama looks to have the largest capacity :hachimaki: