General Yuzuru Chat

I've been away from PH for far too long, but I feel a short post is in order.

Nothing's changed for me, I'll continue supporting Yuzu just as before, I'm still going to swoon over his skating, photoshoots, and whatever other swoon-worthy actions he'll do 😅 I'm very very happy for him and I'm okay with the way he announced his marriage even if it caused a huge uproar and somehow some fans ended up disappointed.

Nevertheless, this marriage announcement made me realize in full that Yuzu has a complete private life that is quite different from his skating life, so I finally grew consciously aware that I don't need to spend so much time on social media to check on news updates because they will not drop every day.

Having said all this, I'm conflicted more about Fanyu reactions, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and way of processing the news. I'm just content that the majority of fans are supportive of Yuzu and his spouse!

Has it been shared yet?

Akiko Suzuki congratulates Yuzu on his marriage :happy: :heart:

DeepL translation of the video description:

Figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu announced his marriage on his SNS on April 4.

Akiko Suzuki, a professional figure skater who competed alongside him at the 2014 Sochi Olympics, offered the following words of congratulations in an interview with Me-Tele.

I was frankly very surprised. I am very happy that he has found happiness not only as a skater but also as a person.

I think marriage is something that will make him more fulfilled, which will be reflected in his performance as well. I hope he will continue to show us such wonderful skating.

(From "Up!", aired from 15:40 on August 7 on Me-Tele. from Me-Tele "Up!")

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

A very interesting thread about interpreting Fanyus' feelings on the most important news of the past two days:

Since on twitter the long thread is fractured into many short parts, I took the liberty to compile them into one continuous text - see below in the spoiler/hidden box.

Spoiler

From His Legacy @rondokitty on Twitter

Dear fanyus who need to hear this,

This thread is for you, it's not for Yuzu, it's for you and your feelings only, i'm not here to tell you how you should be happy for Yuzu, we ALL ARE happy for him, but i will try to explain some of the unclear things in your head.

Everyone i talked to seems to be feeling the exact same thing, NO ONE is sad because this man is getting a partner, we're happy, but It's about how we thought we knew Yuzu in the most transparent way, then suddenly, when he announced something so important about his heart, fans felt like they didn't know anything about him after all. Fanyus had interpreted his words about loneliness in a matter that made us as fans think that he must be feeling very lonely when he's not performing, or maybe even he's only less lonely when he's skating. And knowing now that he had someone in his heart made fans think.. well, wasn't he lonely in heart after all? .. i must tell you, you are wrong. Everything Yuzu ever explained was exactly what it is, but not the way we interpreted it.

Being lonely isn't about people. Being lonely is about your doubts and fear, your fragile heart, and your "tofu" mind that doesn't know anything about the future, being lonely is him worrying so much about how you would like this performance, or if it was good at all, if you'd stay with him or not, if what he created lives up to the "Yuzuru Hanyu" you love on ice, if his hard work is paying off.  Everytime an ice show is over, these thoughts come back because he has to constantly work hard to meet your expectations of him and be worthy of your support. That's why you see him crying his heart out and telling himself "you worked hard" after GIFT, you see him extraordinarily happy when you sing him happy birthday in Prologue like it's the most important thing in his existence. That kind of loneliness will alway stay with him.

He made a vow to himself, the day he turned professional, to always evolve and make his skating worthy of watching. That part of Yuzuru is yours and no one else's, the part that made you feel the world is beautiful and okay when you saw that man putting all his heart on that ice. He said he wanted to deepen his experiences in life, emotions, so he can be the best Yuzuru he can be, that's what he said himself a while ago. Remember when he chose his major in college, he said he wanted something that will help him grow as a skater, not only technically but also as a human being. That's why he liked having new knowledge in psychology and human subjects,  he wanted to "understand" the human Yuzuru.

Even now calling himself immature, he said he wanted a marriage that will help his skating. Thinking about that, doesn't make it very clear to you how much he gives to that skater in him ? Even most of his marriage announcement post was about skating, which of course we overlooked cause we're surprised with the news. And it's not because he has to do it, or that he feels obligated to skate when he doesn't really want to, skating to him is something much more complicated than i or you can understand nor explain. Remember last year when he was asked what skating means to him, he said when earthquake happened in 2022, the first thing he ran to was his skating boots, said once the shake was over he busted out crying, saying "this is probably what skating means to me". He didn't care he was in danger, his subconscious mind went straight to his skating boots. And they're not just words, we saw him risk his life many times for skating, his connection with skating is very unique, it has been with him since he was 4, it's a huge part of who he is as a human, and you, his fan, is a part of that life he was ready to die for.

Marriage and relationships aren't really the same for everyone. For some people it's their everything, for some it's their backbone, for some it's a path of growth. If you look at Yuzuru, he never lived an ordinary life, even as a skater. You'll find many skaters seem to live a very normal life where skating is just a job for money. But that's not Yuzuru, it has never been like that and it never will be; if it was, we wouldn't be here in the first place, he would have been just another forgotten Olympic athlete who won a medal then went on vacation for the rest of his life, but that's not him.

He skates for a purpose, a very beautiful purpose, for people's hearts, and for dreams, sometimes he doesn't enjoy skating, sometimes he wants to not skate, but then again he puts on those skates because the happiness that makes him cry at the end of every show is worth it. That's why he wanted everything in his life to make him a better skater. Please remember, he does it for himself, it's not just about skating to please you, if it was so, he wouldn't have worried so much about you not following his professional career, he needs to feel what it is to skate for people.

I know you love to protect him and support him, but you also don't want that man to be dependent on skating alone, because you know exactly what would happen in a scenario where skating gets taken away from him suddenly cause of an injury. I'm glad he's emotionally intelligent enough to know he should take care of himself as a human first, he always did that, with his mind, his knowledge, his body, his diet, his creative sides, his social relationships, his family, and now his partner. You don't want him to be not emotionally stable because he wouldn't be such a beautiful balanced human who can give, inspire, create, and forgive.

You know it yourself, humans are most creative when they are most emotionally fulfilled and happy with the people around them. For years, his family has been there for him, his mom took great care of him always, and that's why he was able to be emotionally balanced and stable, he was loved enough. His wife as well, will love him enough, as he will love her and experience that kind of love that will make him even more tofu and more beautiful in heart and soul.

So please know and remember, your Yuzuru isn't going anywhere, the Yuzuru you loved is still the same, nothing changed. And don't compare relationships. What marriage is to Yuzuru isn't like what marriage is to me, you, to people you know, or to other celebrities, everyone have very different experiences. What marriage is to him is something only he can explain to you, and he explained last year... that his future marriage will make him better as a skater.

So believe in Yuzuru, believe in heart, and believe in everything he ever shared with you about that heart.
Hearts don't lie, what comes from heart goes to heart ... and you know exactly what you saw in that heart of his.
- - - - - -

Yuzu could've hidden his marriage and no one would ever know, not years from now, (like that one celebrity), he could've faked being still unmarried to not cause chaos, but he's so precious he had to tell us and share with us this because he values us and because he is honest.
- - - - -
From arena seats fans were his stars in the darkness, but loneliness cannot leave him, he is lonely because the skating life of Yuzuru Hanyu is HIS and his only. No one is on those blades skating his programs with him, no one will ever know what it's like to be Yuzuru the skater.
That's why, fanyus, please remember how much you matter to him, you are his stars, his light, you are the reason he works hard to the point every muscle in his body aches, you are the reward for his hard work, never forget his tears, and never forget who he does all that for.
- - - - -
Yuzuru behind the cameras is someone we cherish. He gave so much to skating because underneath all that greatness there's a human like us, loved and supported by his family. We can't have Yuzuru the skater, if Yuzuru the human wasn't okay.

Given by how many people are surprised by this news, and I'm not talking about fans or the general, but people/skaters who know Yuzu, I think Yuzu and his s/o really kept things under wraps. 

I don't think any other skater or coach knew of Yuzu's relationship so he really put a tight lock on his private life. As others have said, Yuzu is very professional and separates both spheres of his life strictly. But I have to say I'm shocked that his first coach and Nobu didn't seem to know if his relationship. He really pulled a surprise out on everyone!

Message posted by Ice Rink Sendai.

Congratulations to Yuzuru Hanyu ! !

Thank you for always bringing us so much happiness.

We sincerely hope that you will continue to live a happy and joyful life.

-Ice Rink Sendai staff and instructors

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
2 hours ago, yuzuruuuuuu said:

So happy for Yuzu! And I just wish he know that although some fans chose to leave, most of us would support him as before. 

Apparently the number of followers on all sns have increased, the flood of messages has been hugely positive and happy, AERA is selling out... he knew he had antis and haters and he probably understands that some fans that mythologized him and their own relationship with that myth are angry or upset. He is still Yuzuru Hanyu, and most fans will still want Yuzuru Hanyu in their lives.