General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, yuzupon said:

There’s a difference between having blade covers with sequins and having flashy blades that probably would not have functional purpose. The boots and blades of skaters are their technical equipments. Yuzu would never compromise the functions of either just to be flashy. His blades, afaik, are the type that is the most sturdy as well as the lightest, aimed to increase the effectiveness of his jumps. Boyang Jin’s gold blades (and there was a ladies skater who had pink blades, but I can’t remember who), were not this type.

The ladies? Mai and Marin from the top of my head. Gold blades are more popular. I just can't stand both.

Color aside, Yuzu's blades are top notch quality wise. 

1 hour ago, YuzuJay said:

Yuzu's Poohsan is available for order. They have achieved the target of 1000 orders but one can still reserve the Poohsan

Ahh I've been waiting so long for this. Does anyone know how to order from outside Japan? Are there any proxy sites available?

1 hour ago, YuzuJay said:

Yuzu's Poohsan is available to order. They have reached the goal of 1000 orders but we can still reserve the Poohsan

30 minutes ago, guitarist said:

Ahh I've waited so long for this. Does anyone know how to order outside of Japan? Are there proxy sites available?

The Yuzuwinnie (isn't it  :winky: ) is for sale on EBAY 

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/393935722169?hash=item5bb86616b9:g:0kAAAOSwruZiCh-I&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4DH7yDJ7MmaU8sgo8PFFNN6TAcgsS8IjO2i1cN3Os%2FJ2u8ebpl82CdW%2FUZ%2FQW23Ru5X%2FZiEiqq%2BB8GF1tKTEnNSnxKnO%2B9D22YjVJcMT5hgjkrjV8eK%2FfY1t7HnYok2vx79r020uE5gxf38yWbvRNQphj6LHpLk2M84AtdR2%2F4tQpQ%2B4eCOrPUWzeaPalpF6Qox0UfHbwM%2F0TVLOt1E%2BaOGCCrRL7JcCvIY663t1Ud% 2BtnziQjlzw7MpbU1r6oKDjPvJ13ECnMbDn26L08zeJyzamvOzVlj3xYALjb%2B3kRM4I|tkp%3ABFBMsPHPyfJh  

This is just a selection, as there are many more. :puddingpooh:   and I just saw that there is the old basic model (is it still in Toronto?) 

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/374168514112?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110018%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.COMPLISTINGS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20220526131132%26meid%3Ddada36eeb1c44e6083d1d271b560f9d0%26pid%3D101519%26rk%3D4% 26RKT%3D12%26SD%3D393935722169%26itm%3D374168514112%26pmt%3D1%26NA 3D0%26pg%3D2495736%26algv%3ditemstripv101highadfeewith compuis.amdata=cksum%3A374168514112dada36eeb1c44e6083d1d271b560f9d0|enc%3AAQAIAAABANwrXthd5PhhRo%2Bds3sLMyvwkr4MDpZQyQLKKnXpDm9QL7exqaJaF57JxPTqerXDmIl7ATt4oWomm6un6OTg%2BPkSZJ%2BvilNnmW%2ByLhCW5dq2tbk95j%2BVGfzpNQygFSh4sWCq96XYBlnrvNtW81SKqJI8DAtA1XSXZGjL9jyPcAde0RCNcxe0TNwJ%2BrOHkKMk%2BUc35b2wv6eupURlvI9kjxfjV3OgzmbyAurVUOOidfprtAUtoKE1YqfWhPCiPypwjSBHUA1cJvc%2BQVaMH7QJEwL8Inn3VBP4z7lruzBSiiaBxaRdiep187px9K2LMgisHeW8Fwm3yabmVWRijY0e6So%3D|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2495736

4 hours ago, Madita said:

The composer says that Requiem on the Yuzus YT channel has more than 500,000 views 

:2thumbsup: and well deserved that Requiem (music + skating) reaches 500,000 views, because I saw that it was not progressing very quickly  :shrug: despite the power of its skating and a kind of "rage" + its little cry..... 

5 hours ago, Melodie said:

Nope LOL. He is beyond that.

Sorry my bad!!! 🙏🙏🙏 I looked at the pictures again and it seems the glitter part I saw was just a trick of the light and wishful thinking 😂

6 hours ago, yuzupon said:

There’s a difference between having blade covers with sequins and having flashy blades that probably would not have functional purpose. The boots and blades of skaters are their technical equipments. Yuzu would never compromise the functions of either just to be flashy. His blades, afaik, are the type that is the most sturdy as well as the lightest, aimed to increase the effectiveness of his jumps. Boyang Jin’s gold blades (and there was a ladies skater who had pink blades, but I can’t remember who), were not this type.

For a custom blade, you don't need to change the kind of blade you use. I read somewhere before that John Wilson (the brand Yuzu uses) offers color customization. (Apparently others do too since Jin Boyang doesn't appear in the John Wilson website). And from there I thought wouldn't it be nice if skaters used blades that matched their costumes 😂😂😂 Obviously this is purely wishful thinking. Blades need time to break in, they're not like ordinary shoes we just swap around.

Edit: Adding picture of the blades because I think they look very cool

FYA8o__WAAE7fz8?format=jpg&name=large

I bought an Aera magazine with the Yuzu cover but Is not the one with the whole photo set. I see the other two on Amazon jpn, the one with Yuzu and the photos in that pretty blue clothes is the hardcover special right? I want to buy it but I don't want to go wrong again :c 

3 hours ago, fuzz_ball_21 said:

I always liked this Team Japan 2015 WTT performance at "Storm"

:heartpound: :nod2:  I really LOVE this Storm from the Yoshida brothers with this harmony from Team Japan and since it's here in the video section in 2015, I don't go a week without clicking :girlsigh:on it

Hi folks, sorry to totally change the topics you are chatting about, but today I received my beautiful post-Prologue book (the 4000 JPY one) ...... the only problem is, I already have it!!!!! I must have ordered it twice by mistake :girlsigh:  The shipping was soooo expensive too :eek:

Anyway, if anyone is interested in buying it off me (it's still in it's plastic wrapper) just private message me.  I am in the UK for shipping, could be cheaper than Japan depending on where you are! It is a hard back book, so quite heavy.

(Administrators I hope this is OK here, if not I can put it on another thread)

1 hour ago, palomapm19 said:

I bought an Aera magazine with the Yuzu cover but Is not the one with the whole photo set. I see the other two on Amazon jpn, the one with Yuzu and the photos in that pretty blue clothes is the hardcover special right? I want to buy it but I don't want to go wrong again :c 

It's this one that is the hard back :)

2 hours ago, palomapm19 said:

Yes blue cover with photo of Yuzu looking down from top right corner towards left bottom corner. Yuzu's name is written in white Kanji writing and there is a smaller font in yellow which indicates photos cover time period from 2007 - 2022. Hope that helps

6 hours ago, FakeFanyu said:

For a custom blade, you don't need to change the kind of blade you use. I read somewhere before that John Wilson (the brand Yuzu uses) offers color customization. (Apparently others do too since Jin Boyang doesn't appear in the John Wilson website). And from there I thought wouldn't it be nice if skaters used blades that matched their costumes 😂😂😂 Obviously this is purely wishful thinking. Blades need time to break in, they're not like ordinary shoes we just swap around.

Blades…do not need time to break in…. The boots do, but not the blades. The blades got dull after awhile and needs sharpening - Yuzu, for example has this person in Sendai who does the sharpening of his blades for him. And I mean, men skaters wear black boots, and black blades just looks way cooler paired with black boots. 
My point re type of blades vs colour of blades is that when it comes to his technical equipments, Yuzu prioritises function over flashiness. He might want to get rid of the silver in his Pattern 99 Revolution blades, and he could go for gold plating, I guess, but he ultimately went for all-black.