General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, Melodie said:

The ladies? Mai and Marin from the top of my head. Gold blades are more popular. I just can't stand both.

Color aside, Yuzu's blades are top notch quality wise. 

And they have them just for one season, I think? Yeah, me too. The black blades for black boots make the most sense, imo. Idk if black blades will also work for the ladies white/tan boots - I’d imagine they won’t.

3 hours ago, yuzupon said:

And they have them just for one season, I think? Yeah, me too. The black blades for black boots make the most sense, imo. Idk if black blades will also work for the ladies white/tan boots - I’d imagine they won’t.

Well it is possible. Yuzu recently skated Raison and One Summer Day with boots covered in white, yes? They look just fine

4 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Blades…do not need time to break in…. The boots do, but not the blades. The blades got dull after awhile and needs sharpening - Yuzu, for example has this person in Sendai who does the sharpening of his blades for him. And I mean, men skaters wear black boots, and black blades just looks way cooler paired with black boots. 
My point re type of blades vs colour of blades is that when it comes to his technical equipments, Yuzu prioritises function over flashiness. He might want to get rid of the silver in his Pattern 99 Revolution blades, and he could go for gold plating, I guess, but he ultimately went for all-black.

I guess breaking in is not the right word haha.. more like, you won't want to perform in blades that were just newly sharpened so you want to use them a bit beforehand to get used to them.

Yep he went all-black 🖤

16 hours ago, Melodie said:

The ladies? Mai and Marin from the top of my head. Gold blades are more popular. I just can't stand both.

Color aside, Yuzu's blades are top notch quality wise. 

8 hours ago, yuzupon said:

I remember Marin had pink blades and Evgenia had rose-gold blades at one point. A few other men besides Yuzu have black blades.

A skater friend of mine contemplated getting black blades when she needed new ones, but she said the scratches show up clearly on black blades. She saw others with black blades and she said they looked worn out quickly, so she decided to stick with silver blades. 

I really like the black blades and they look fabulous on Yuzu! With his great technique, Yuzu doesn't put as much stress on his boots, so he probably doesn't have as much problem with scratches on his blades either.

15 hours ago, guitarist said:

Ahh I've been waiting so long for this. Does anyone know how to order from outside Japan? Are there any proxy sites available?

Tenso should work, as well as any of the other shopping services like WorldShopping, Buyee, ZenMarket, etc.

I really recommend Yuzu Pooh. He is so fluffy!

My Prologue goods are finally almost here! It might be a day or 2 more since it's in Customs. It took a while because I had WorldShopping combined 3 orders, 2 Prologue orders, plus another order for the Irene gloves. It happened they all arrived at the warehouse around the same time.

WorldShopping used EMS shipping to the US. You have to sign for the package, but you can track it using USPS instead of the link WorldShopping sent you, which is Japan Post tracking. 

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

I remember Marin had pink blades and Evgenia had rose-gold blades at one point. A few other men besides Yuzu have black blades.

A skater friend of mine contemplated getting black blades when she needed new ones, but she said the scratches show up clearly on black blades. She saw others with black blades and she said they looked worn out quickly, so she decided to stick with silver blades. 

I really like the black blades and they look fabulous on Yuzu! With his great technique, Yuzu doesn't put as much stress on his boots, so he probably doesn't have as much problem with scratches on his blades either.

Oooh, there you go. I thought the plating would be high enough quality to not peel off with scratches, but I guess it’s not. But yep. If other skaters do not have the same technical level as Yuzu, the scratches on their coloured blades would be one reason to go back to silver blades.

YuzuSakura update 

OP has been visiting tree. Due to strong winds the tree has been tended to in order to prevent the tree from being blown about excessively and putting too much strain on the roots. The tree is being supported by bamboo poles.

Maybe this is a precautionary because the tree was only transplanted last year and the roots may not yet be fully established in the new location, since this major upheaval. 

Perhaps some expert horticulturalists can enlighten us.

2 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

Poohzan and Fanyus are jealous 

There is a photo of Yuzu with a tiny Yappei in his hand, taken few years ago. Now Yuzu is with full sized Yappei. I had an amusing thought that Yuzu had raised Yappei from a chick and that is why Yuzu like Yappei so much.

Having said that, Yuzu is very fond of mascots generally

2 hours ago, fuzz_ball_21 said:

Cute

Ahhhhh sacred Yuzu  :lol:  :space: :knc_yuzu2:  and music of the "French cancan" which fits very well with these situations :nod2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OddjQA4q1_M   appearance on a French Sunday afternoon show 

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

There is a photo of Yuzu with a small Yappei in her hand, taken a few years ago. Now Yuzu is with Yappei in full size. I had a funny thought that Yuzu raised Yappei from a chick and that's why Yuzu loves Yappei so much.

That said, Yuzu is very fond of mascots in general.

YES Yuzu likes to have fun with mascots : go see here in the video section his performance at his last NHK 2019, it's :knc_yuzu2:unforgettable