General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, gapil27 said:

But a snow globe? Too much for me. Even at half that price I’d still find it a bit much but acceptable if we’re talking quality. Ah well, to each their own, I’m sure we all have things we’d happily purchase. I may have to really think about this first… :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Oh yes, the snowglobe is clearly one of the higher end items (I am also considering a couple of the less expensive ones) and it's also glass which makes for fragile posting, so for overseas it needs careful thinking. I imagine they also did domestic marketing research before setting the price: also, from the website the July orders are filled as the shipping date has moved back to mid-late August (in one day? Yuzuconomy indeed...) so it will be an even later birthday present...

There are also a couple of other things I am thinking about and yes, I know I am lucky to be able to.

I know there are a fair number here who disapprove of Yuzu appearing in SOI, and some have even said he might be under some sort of duress to do so.

I too have seen a number of comments that seem excessive to me. Yuzu is 28 years old, he is not a child, and he has amply demonstrated that he knows how to use his brain. If he has agreed to participate in SOI, he have his reasons. This is enough for me.

11 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Please don't be anguished. Support Yuzu in the way that is best for you. 

On twt there some post campaigns to join In like the sakura spring photos, favourite colours, places to visit in Sendai, memories of Gift. People create pretty threads like Yuzu and otters in similar poses or costumes as cakes or tea cups. Alternatively have a look through the gorgeous fanart and create your own Pinterest pages to keep them. 

There's enough to join in with whatever you are comfortable to do

Please don't feel pressured, I never bought any merch yet, I have children to send to school! But admit I want the Wing Necklace and Bracelet badly!

We have finished cleaning up the venue today. Thank you again to everyone who came to see us.

Orders for all 70 types of official goods will be available until 3/31 (Fri.) Only available at the online shop.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
21 hours ago, gapil27 said:

why so expensive :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

20 hours ago, TallyT said:

Looks like a high-quality souvenir item, they are always pricey (I have bought some expensive ones when travelling and love them dearly). I have to set up tenso before I can order it, but I am probably going to take the risk (glass is a risk in overseas postage, but it will be very carefully packaged) as my birthday present to me.

It's an original design item that is not mass produced, and limited collectibles are always more expensive. It also depends on where and how it's manufactured. Looking at the materials, it seems high quality. They could have used plastic instead of glass and it would probably be cheaper, but not nearly as nice! It's a beautiful keepsake for all those lucky enough to see GIFT at the Dome.

My dream snow globe would be an animated music box one with a spinning Swanyu doing a Bielmann spin to the tinkling melody of Notte Stellata while feathers and starry sparkles rain down. I'm holding out for that one. :giggle:

Also, did you guys see this note on the order page:

This product cannot be shipped by airmail due to airline regulations.
Therefore, delivery to Okinawa Prefecture and remote islands will be by land and sea.

I don't think there are many options from Tenso to ship by sea and they don't recommend shipping fragile items that way, so you might want to email them to see if they can pack the item more securely, or use a proxy shopping service where you can request for special packing with an additional fee. I know Buyee (Tenso's proxy shopping service) does that.

18 hours ago, yywings said:

It is expensive.. I need to control my expenses. Seeing so many fans happily buying Yuzu merch, makes me feel peer pressure. 🥲 

No need to feel pressure. There are many ways to support Yuzu for free! One of the best ways is to give engagement to his sponsors, news articles about him, tweets about his shows, etc. Like, retweet, comment. Help trend him on Twitter, increase the view counts on his videos and CMs, etc. His sponsors and business partners are counting how many fans he has and how influential he is, so the more popular he is, the bigger his contracts will be and he will get more business offers and sponsors for his shows.

YuzuSakura watch.

People have very kindly been visiting the Yoko tree and posting updates. The buds have erupted through the protective sepal case and the petals will unfurl very soon. In the nemophila ground cover is a very pretty shade of blue, much favoured in Yuzu's costume colours

11 hours ago, micaelis said:

I know there are a fair number here who disapprove of Yuzu appearing in SOI, and some have even said he might be under some sort of duress to do so. 

Yah, I stayed away from all those fiascos cos it was too much. 

He is already 28-years old; he is a millionaire; he is not under any agencies (he pretty much OWNS one); he is a legendary skater with much influence; and most important of all, he has a big, sexy, galaxy brain.

The man knows what he is doing. 

If people don't like shows he will attend like SOI, stay away from watching it. If they want to jump the train to a new fav just because they dislike those shows, feel free to do so. Making a fuzz out of things like this paints the fandom in a bad light, which, TBH, has already happened.