General Yuzuru Chat

Max has the solution to ISUs audience problem- he’s not pussyfooting about or letting anyone blame it on the absence of the Russians :smiley-laughing021:

I’m in Rome atm and not being subscribed to ITA Eurosport can’t follow WC but twitter suggests that the men’s singles aren’t sold out….

13 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: @kittypaws @ainkmachan8 @102090 @Sakura1

Welcome to Planet Hanyu! It's always nice to see new satellites starting to engage here! :tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

I was wondering if you would like to share how you got to know Yuzu with us? Also what are your top 3 programs and maybe your favorite costume? 

:YuzuPoohLove:

I got to know him because of YouTube. His videos popped up in my shorts, first I just casually watched them. Then after sometime I searched his name and found out that he is an olympic champion. Then I watched his olympic performance and I fell in love. Then after somedays I was just scrolling his pictures on Pinterest and found a picture of CC 2014, I searched for what happened in CC 2014. I watched his CC14 program and can't stop crying, how can a 19 year old boy has that much will power! 

First I fallen for his skating skills but stayed because of his personality, his way of thinking and his mindset.

Top 3 programs –

– Haru yo koi 

– Seimei

– Origin

Top 3 Costume

– Heaven and Earth

– Origin

– Haru Yo Koi

( Sorry for my bad English)

8 minutes ago, Sakura1 said:

I got to know him because of YouTube. His videos popped up in my shorts, first I just casually watched them. Then after sometime I searched his name and found out that he is an olympic champion. Then I watched his olympic performance and I fell in love. Then after somedays I was just scrolling his pictures on Pinterest and found a picture of CC 2014, I searched for what happened in CC 2014. I watched his CC14 program and can't stop crying, how can a 19 year old boy has that much will power! 

First I fallen for his skating skills but stayed because of his personality, his way of thinking and his mindset.

Top 3 programs –

– Haru yo koi 

– Seimei

– Origin

Top 3 Costume

– Heaven and Earth

– Origin

– Haru Yo Koi

Oh my, to watch his CC14 performance in the early days after discovering him must indeed have been quite an experience for you. You are a brave soul!

Your English is perfect, and most of us are non native speakers, so please don't worry at all! :img_21:

8 hours ago, 102090 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself! Never would I have thought a figure skater from Japan (when I have never taken any interest in the figure skating sport nor did I have any understanding of it) would give me strength and motivation in 2023 hahah I really hope I get to see him skate in person one day... 

Same for me I  never thought I would fall for a figure skater. But I think he is the best thing that happened to me in 2023 . He is just like Sun for me, he gives strength and motivation. I really regret for knowing him this late, it would be great if I know him sooner. 

Hello everyone! I am new here in planet hanyu. I've been a fanyu since 2020 (time flies so fast!).

I just wanted to say that I am looking forward to see Yuzu skate again. :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw: A year ago, I wouldn't have believed the amount of content we are getting nowadays. The two solo ice-shows, the new programs, yuzutune... It still feels surreal hehe

But above all, I hope he is resting and taking good care of himself. :tumblr_m33wn6Kgfe1qdlkyg:

I hope you all have a good day! <3

1 hour ago, Sakura1 said:

Top 3 programs –

– Haru yo koi 

– Seimei

– Origin

Top 3 Costume

– Heaven and Earth

– Origin

– Haru Yo Koi

You're braver than I am! (And your English is excellent.) I saw references to CC14 for maybe a year or longer before I worked up the courage to watch it. By then I was hopelessly under Yuzu's spell, but, just as you said, CC14 brought a whole new level of awe.

I know that all professional athletes must have extraordinary levels of discipline and emotional strength in addition to talent, but Yuzu has something I can only describe as spiritual power. I suspect that in part it's inborn, in part it's thanks to the guidance he's received, in part its because of everything he's suffered, and mainly it's something he's created through his conscious choice to meet life with an open heart, no matter how painful. That is the most courageous choice a person can make, and those who live that way in the face of great hardship become beacons of light for others.

In the end, Yuzu's greatest legacy is the countless people (I feel confident it's in the millions) who choose to open their hearts a little each day because he has shown them the way. I know that applies to many, many of us on this forum, and people close to Yuzu have described it, too. He is a gift to the world, and my hope is that in this pro phase of his career he will truly become a worldwide figure, known far beyond the bounds of FS. That is true to some extent now, but creations on the scale of GIFT have the potential to crossover into a wholly different realm. May it be so.

:cri:

2 hours ago, Beatrice said:

HELLO to all the new posting members  :wave:   WELCOME to Planet Hanyu  :welcome:

The more, the merrier  :jumpingyellow:      

Hi I am a long time Yuzu fan, since 2012 really, but never post something here I find this Chat difficult to navigate.

4 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Oh my, to watch his CC14 performance in the early days after discovering him must indeed have been quite an experience for you. You are a brave soul!

The first time watching that skate is traumatic, yes. And the second, and every one since.