General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Looks like a high-quality souvenir item, they are always pricey (I have bought some expensive ones when travelling and love them dearly). I have to set up tenso before I can order it, but I am probably going to take the risk (glass is a risk in overseas postage, but it will be very carefully packaged) as my birthday present to me.

But a snow globe? Too much for me. Even at half that price I’d still find it a bit much but acceptable if we’re talking quality. Ah well, to each their own, I’m sure we all have things we’d happily purchase. I may have to really think about this first… :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

10 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

But a snow globe? Too much for me. Even at half that price I’d still find it a bit much but acceptable if we’re talking quality. Ah well, to each their own, I’m sure we all have things we’d happily purchase. I may have to really think about this first… :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

It is expensive.. I need to control my expenses. Seeing so many fans happily buying Yuzu merch, makes me feel peer pressure. 🥲 

Composer of Requiem Heaven and Earth commented why Yuzu didn't skated it for so long. 

To read that Yuzu has been attacked in some way for a program that just wants to share the pain of a tragedy that has affected so many people is terrible. Not even on the pain the haters leave him alone. I hope that the fact that he made the video for us and shared it on his channel means that the problems are overcome, and that he is feeling a little better. The 11th was a painful day.

1 hour ago, yywings said:

It is expensive.. I need to control my expenses. Seeing so many fans happily buying Yuzu merch, makes me feel peer pressure. 🥲 

Please don't be anguished. Support Yuzu in the way that is best for you. 

On twt there some post campaigns to join In like the sakura spring photos, favourite colours, places to visit in Sendai, memories of Gift. People create pretty threads like Yuzu and otters in similar poses or costumes as cakes or tea cups. Alternatively have a look through the gorgeous fanart and create your own Pinterest pages to keep them. 

There's enough to join in with whatever you are comfortable to do

1 hour ago, Martina said:

To read that Yuzu has been attacked in some way for a program that just wants to share the pain of a tragedy that has affected so many people is terrible. Not even on the pain the haters leave him alone. I hope that the fact that he made the video for us and shared it on his channel means that the problems are overcome, and that he is feeling a little better. The 11th was a painful day.

It is very sad that some people feel the ongoing need to say hurtful things to and about Yuzu. It may be a different issue, but there are some people who insist upon doubting the veracity of Yuzu having been at ice rink Sendai when the earthquake hit. There are even people who claim that Yuzu was not even in Sendai at the time. 

There is evidence that Yuzu was at the rink, he'd registered for his practice lesson, there are eye witnesses and the local radio even announced that Yuzu was safe, as it was known he and other students and teachers were at the rink. 

Sadly there are those who continue to be very vocal in their attempts to discredit Yuzu and his donations of money and time to recovery efforts

( some measured understatement in my comments for the sake of diplomacy on this public forum) 

I've been a fanyu for long enough now (January 2019) to have seen quite a few absurd attacks. For me any gratuitous attack on a person makes no sense, an attack on Yuzu makes even less sense due to his generosity and sensitivity. But nonsensical comments about the scores are one thing, attacking him when he just wants to share the pain with tons of people is… I don't even know how to describe it. I could actually write many things, but since you too have self-censored yourself for diplomatic reasons, you are able to imagine what the tone of my comments would be.

1 hour ago, Martina said:

I've been a fanyu for long enough now (January 2019) to have seen quite a few absurd attacks. For me any gratuitous attack on a person makes no sense, an attack on Yuzu makes even less sense due to his generosity and sensitivity. But nonsensical comments about the scores are one thing, attacking him when he just wants to share the pain with tons of people is… I don't even know how to describe it. I could actually write many things, but since you too have self-censored yourself for diplomatic reasons, you are able to imagine what the tone of my comments would be.

With you entirely, as you say, it is necessary to ensure that comments are carefully worded, so that new fans can understand where the issues arise from and do their own research, without being put off or being swayed by bias from long time fans. In addition it is known that the public pages of the forum come under scrutiny from people who might seek to discredit and misquote satellites, hence the disclaimer so that people also understand that the comments might appear mild but there is genuine depth of feeling behind them.

I know there are a fair number here who disapprove of Yuzu appearing in SOI, and some have even said he might be under some sort of duress to do so.  I don't think that's the case.  I think he's scouting for skaters for future shows he might produce.  Has anybody notice that the only non-Japanese skaters in Notte Stellata were Shae-Lynn Bourne and Jason Brown.  Those were both skaters Yuzu has had extensive contact with.  Shae-Lynn is a choreographer with whom Yuzu has frequently collaborated in creating programs for him.  Jason was training alongside Yuzu at TCC in Toronto before Yuzu got locked down in Japan when the pandemic hit.  He had gotten to know Jason fairly well, I'm sure, but more importantly he had seen that Jason has an approach to skating not greatly different from his own.  Thus both had been vetted for inclusion in what I assume will be a growing list of skaters who can conform to Yuzu's ideas of what figure skating should be.  

We have to realize that Yuzu when competing has had little up-close exposure to other skaters, generally either with those in the last skating group in competition and those from other disciplines he associated with in the following galas.  The contacts was necessarily short and since in the galas he was dealing with a shifting cast of skaters, he really wasn't able to come to know other skaters to the depth he feels is necessary to decide whether they're right for his brand of ice shows.

By skating with a spring-summer ice show he does have repeated contact with a number of skaters and since each ice show, whether FOI or SOI, has its own cast of regulars, a cast differing from other shows, he decided he'd skate with SOI so he could come to know its regulars.

And then there's the question of do they want to get involved with a Yuzuru Hanyu production.  Does such a production have solid foundations?  Well, Prologue, Gift and Notte Stellata showed that Yuzu has backers with deep pockets and deep connections which have enabled Yuzu to put together a trio of shows, each with a different structure and emphasis, that have become instant legends in the annals of figure skating shows (Gift most spectacularly).  I think it safe to say that there are legions of skaters who would jump at an opportunity to be part of a Yuzuru Hanyu ice show.

So that's my take on things.  I might be wrong but I'd be surprised if I am.  Yuzu has shown with his productions over these last several months that he is really frustrated with the tenor of ice shows as they are organized today.  He wants something that offers more than entertainment.  He wants his audiences to be somehow enlightened.  It's that particular desire of his that elevates him so far above all others skaters, whether today or in the past (John Curry excepted).  Yuzu is on a mission and it is through his ice shows that he will be preaching to the public.