General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:
  Hide contents

...and I'm just saying that there is no one who has that kind of power over him now. The JSF and the ISU were the only organizations that might have had, but only while he was competing. 

And Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kratz, the ice-dance team, were huge fan favorites who always got deliberately underscored by the judges. The more fans cheered for them, the lower the scores went - een they were innovative, creative, and demonstrably better than the rest of the field. Likewise, Isabel and Paul Duchesnay, a decade before them. The ISU is in RusFed's pocket, is corrupt, always has been, will not ever change. The only 'organized fan campaign' that would change anything is for people to stop watching and stop participating, entirely. No more skating, full stop. Nothing else would have an effect. 

Spoiler

No more skating, let it be, so long as there is Hanyu skating -- there goes my petty mind. 

Chatted with a japanese passenger while waiting to check-in at the airport counter. I was asked if I was going for a holiday. I proudly told the guy, "I'm going to watch Yuzuru Hanyu ice show at Tokyo Dome!!" He shared with me that despite Yuzu is only 28 years old, he displayed a high level of maturity & a very nice person. We ended up sharing the goodness of Yuzu. I said Yuzu is a gift to the world. He agreed & said ," Ah you love Yuzu!" I shook my head profusely. I like Yuzu's humility & skating performances but... but not to the extent of :smiley-love017::redface:

can we please stop 'discussing' about SOI. I'm done with it. just stop because GIFT is coming in just 4 more days. this is the most important thing right now. we should focus and pray for his success. 

The ice rink will be set up today. It may takes 2-3 days to complete. 

1 hour ago, ccy said:

can we please stop 'discussing' about SOI. I'm done with it. just stop because GIFT is coming in just 4 more days. this is the most important thing right now. we should focus and pray for his success. 

The ice rink will be set up today. It may takes 2-3 days to complete. 

completely agree! I'm starting to allow myself to get excited about GIFT and it feels surreal ...

On 2/20/2023 at 4:43 PM, Sombreuil said:

In the past there was a tendency among sections of the fandom to infantilise him - I’m thinking of all those people pre Planet who were so certain that leaving lovely Nanami Abe to go to Toronto was a dreadful mistake, that Parisan was a horrible programme, that he should stay in his comfort zone in Japan etc etc.  Hopefully we’ve all moved past that sort of attitude.  We ought to know by now that he knows what he’s doing.
  We all hate it when bad things happen to him - until the series of greatest hits practices from Beijing came through I couldn’t bear to watch footage from those games.  But he’s much braver and more resilient than we are.  If he’s doing SOI he’s got his reasons.  Maybe he’s assessing who he might be able to use/work with in his own projects.  Maybe it’s a nice useful big fat cheque that can cover certain expenses.  It’s going to be interesting to compare audience numbers with the other SOI stops.

Yep.

I am kinda "hmmm..." and "????" about fanyus who, idk how to put this better, feel like we have the power to protect Yuzu (and have collectively failed in the past and therefore should do better). Don't do that to yourself. Learn what you can and cannot do. Yuzu certainly has only ever asked us to support him. Don't overextrapolate this to mean that we have to protect him. It's not our job, and it is quite literally not in our hands. You'd only feel powerless - cz it's not in your power - and this will make you prone to reactionary upsets every time things like this happen. And seriously, he is 28 years old, not some hot-headed 18 yo (even then, he did have adults in his life who are responsible for his well-being, and those adults were not and still are not us - some of us aren't even adults, let's be real). This is getting ridiculous. Even if this participation in this other ice show is something he had to do because of, idk, contract or whatever, he is now a professional. Fulfilling a contract is what professionals do, would you believe it.

14 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Yep.

I am kinda "hmmm..." and "????" about fanyus who, idk how to put this better, feel like we have the power to protect Yuzu (and have collectively failed in the past and therefore should do better). Don't do that to yourself. Learn what you can and cannot do. Yuzu certainly has only ever asked us to support him. Don't overextrapolate this to mean that we have to protect him. It's not our job, and it is quite literally not in our hands. You'd only feel powerless - cz it's not in your power - and this will make you prone to reactionary upsets every time things like this happen. And seriously, he is 28 years old, not some hot-headed 18 yo (even then, he did have adults in his life who are responsible for his well-being, and those adults were not and still are not us - some of us aren't even adults, let's be real). This is getting ridiculous. Even if this participation in this other ice show is something he had to do because of, idk, contract or whatever, he is now a professional. Fulfilling a contract is what professionals do, would you believe it.

I see where you come from but can't be convinced at all. I'm happy to just leave it like that though -- acknowledge and respect the fact that we are bound to have some different views based on our likely very different cultural backgrounds, life experiences and professional trainings -- and try not to be over-didactic to one another -- notwithstanding our good intentions :-) Like the other satellites have wisely suggested, let's focus our energy on the more cheerful and monumental GIFT and be united in our support for Yuzu's yet another history-making endeavor. It is already nerve racking just to think of it ...

6 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

Wow! One of each, please! :67638860:

I wonder if the book, clear files, and postcards are available for international order? :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

ETA:

Looks like international orders are possible! :free-random-smileys-214:

1 hour ago, Anni said:

OP had permission to take pictures from the new Sekkisei photobook and shared some. :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

FpfOBTVaMAAS4Js?format=jpg&name=large

Source: x

FpfJxwMacAEky3m?format=jpg&name=large

Source: x
(more in the thread)

[NEWS]

Aaaaaah! So gorgeous! I want this!!! :bunny-smiley:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Wow! One of each, please! :67638860:

I wonder if the book, clear files, and postcards are available for international order? :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

ETA:

Looks like international orders are possible! :free-random-smileys-214:

Aaaaaah! So gorgeous! I want this!!! :bunny-smiley:

I may give myself a birthday present this year.....

It seems that we have another young talent who is a big Yuzu fanboy: 15-year-old Ean Weiler from Switzerland!

A fellow fanyu sent me a video link, and I was really impressed by his transitions, edges and low number of crossovers. His spins and carriage are nice too. And he has the full Yuzu-field-move-arsenal: Ina Bauer, hydroblading, and side lunge :67638860: 

Yuzuru Hanyu´s Legacy: Discover Ean Weiler Novice skater 2 times Swiss national champion

Ean also has his own YT channel and is looking for support to finance his skating career. I wish him all the best. The FS world needs more young talents like him, especially from smaller feds.

13 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

It seems that we have another young talent who is a big Yuzu fanboy: 15-year-old Ean Weiler from Switzerland!

I saw a video of him skating yesterday. He's pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how he develops over the next couple of years. 

22 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

A fellow fanyu sent me a video link, and I was really impressed by his transitions, edges and low number of crossovers. His spins and carriage are nice too. And he has the full Yuzu-field-move-arsenal: Ina Bauer, hydroblading, and side lunge :67638860: 

Yuzuru Hanyu´s Legacy: Discover Ean Weiler Novice skater 2 times Swiss national champion

Ean also has his own YT channel and is looking for support to finance his skating career. I wish him all the best. The FS world needs more young talents like him, especially from smaller feds.

Wow absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing. I'm not familiar with skating technicalities, but I find his bodylines and gestures beautiful and definitely reminiscent of young Yuzu.